PDA

View Full Version : TNA loses a major Knockout....

~gymdiva~
04-30-2010, 12:10 AM
from diva-dirt.com:

Posted by Melanie on April 28th, 2010

Former TNA Knockouts Champion, Tara has CONFIRMED that is leaving TNA next month on her MySpace page. The blog comes after a report in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter revealing that Tara — real name Lisa Marie Varon — may be leaving at the end of her contract, which expires on May 21st.
The Observer went on to claim that Varon had been complaining about her fellow Knockouts working stiff, amongst other things, hence this blog. Tara writes:
It appears that I’m winding down at TNA. Unfortunately some organizations “leak” information to wrestling websites to put their spin on a situation, to make sure they come out in the best light. Not me. I’m gonna say it. I’m gonna put my name on it. And I’m going to stand behind it.
I came to TNA last year because I still had a lot of wrestling left in me. I was paid a fraction of what I thought I deserved. But I wanted to show I was still at the top of my game. Now my contract is up in May. I want a modest pay increase. They don’t want to pay me what I think is fair. I have no problem going my own way.
But about 12 hours after the conversation where we didn’t agree on pay, unnamed sources claim that I am hard to work with and that I don’t give my best effort. My only response is that TNA made an aggressive effort to re-sign me, among other things saying that they want to build the women’s division around me. And I think wrestling fans see, both on TV and at live events, that I always give 100%. I take pride in that. Smearing me on the way out the door is an act of second rate character.
I take pride in making my best effort to elevate my own wrestling and the entire TNA Women’s Division. If people were rubbed the wrong way in the process, I stand behind my work and my positive intentions.
In closing I will say this. In the few weeks that I have left in TNA, I will be the same wrestler that you have seen for the past ten years. After that, I haven’t decided if I will stay in wrestling, or finally make the jump to MMA. I do have a lot of irons in the fire. We’ll see where life takes me. But wherever that is, there’s gonna be competition, and I’m gonna give it my all.

As always, Tara is a consummate professional and she knows that she has our love and respect. Good luck, Lisa.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Damn it. She just cannot catch a break!

swoleoneday
04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Hate to see her go for sure. Seems like the knockouts division is slowly becoming obsolete... sad really, because they were a bright spot on TNA.

Wrex
04-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Awww, maybe they were only working stiff with her, cause she is a former DIVA... And we all know how the Knockouts feel about DIVAS.. right?

HammerStrength12
04-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Awww, maybe they were only working stiff with her, cause she is a former DIVA... And we all know how the Knockouts feel about DIVAS.. right?

VICTORIA was one of my favorite DIVAS

atomicplayboy3000
05-01-2010, 07:48 AM
TNA is fucking up

Sandpig
05-01-2010, 07:52 AM
TNA is fucking up

Yes they are.
What are they gonna let her go and hire more blondes?
I like her, cause it aint the "sex sells" situation with her.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes they are.
What are they gonna let her go and hire more blondes?
I like her, cause it aint the "sex sells" situation with her.

Exactly. I have not kept up with TNA in a while, but they used to value women with skill. What happened?

HammerStrength12
05-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Exactly. I have not kept up with TNA in a while, but they used to value women with skill. What happened?

They're making bad business decisions all over, not just in the knockouts division

IMO they'd wanna differentiate themselves from the WWE and gain the market share of the crowd that doesn't solely want to watch 90lb anorexic blonde bimbos pillow fight every single week lol. WWE pretty much owns that market, why go after what you can't win?

Wrex
05-02-2010, 09:49 PM
The knockout matches ratings used to be better then the guys matches, and the main event sometimes.

~gymdiva~
05-30-2010, 10:06 PM
by Nick Paglino
May 30, 2010
PWTorch.com is reporting that Lisa Marie Varon, known in TNA as Tara and as Victoria in WWE, is expected to meet with WWE officials soon to discuss a possible return to the company. Now that Varon's TNA contract has expired, she is free to negotiate with WWE once again. It should be noted, however, that Varon is back on good terms with TNA management, so it appears right now as if she will end up signing with whoever offers her the better deal.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-30-2010, 10:18 PM
While it would be good to see her back in WWE, I would hate to see them use her the way they had before she left. To me, it seemed like they had her as some sort of comic relief.

Green Goblin
06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
While it would be good to see her back in WWE, I would hate to see them use her the way they had before she left. To me, it seemed like they had her as some sort of comic relief.

Oh ya and I remember that little comedy act all to well. Last image I have of her in my mind was that Halloween sumo wrestler body suit. And this is the woman that was kicking the shit out of Trish Stratus back in the day. I would rather TNA shell out the money and bring her back. But who knows maybe WWE will sign her back up. And sadly yes we might see Victoria coming out on SD wearing a red clown nose and funny shoes.

If that is the case then my advice to Miss Varon is consider retirement. Because she has too much talent for it to be wasted on comedy acts. Fuckin disrespectful is what I would call it.

Sandpig
06-02-2010, 08:26 PM
She should stick with TNA cause somewhere down the road, Vince will screw her over again.

~gymdiva~
06-15-2010, 12:19 AM
add ODB to the disappearing Knockouts list:

by Nick Paglino
Jun 14, 2010
TNA Knockout ODB has posted the following on her Facebook account: "would like to thank all the tna fans for all the support but tna and odb have parted ways.it was the right decision to make for myself.1 door is closing another 1 is opening bammm"

(source: wrestlezone)

btw, I saw Diva-Dirt tweet during the TNA ppv and apparently Roxxi or whatever Nikki Roxx name was on there made her return after her ankle injury, had a title match, had the match changed into a title vs career match, and LOST! so um, she's gone now, too....:no:

Wrex
06-15-2010, 03:01 AM
add ODB to the disappearing Knockouts list:

(source: wrestlezone)

btw, I saw Diva-Dirt tweet during the TNA ppv and apparently Roxxi or whatever Nikki Roxx name was on there made her return after her ankle injury, had a title match, had the match changed into a title vs career match, and LOST! so um, she's gone now, too....:no:

Wonder what "1 door is closing another 1 is opening bammm" means?? WWE? or back to the indies?