PDA

View Full Version : help building my protien

kratos47
05-01-2010, 02:52 PM
ok so i decided to try out trueprotien.com. i wanted to build a protien blend of fast and medium digesting protien with added branch chains and glutamine.
im doing:
40% egg white protien
40% why protien isolate ultra filtration
10% L glutamine
10% bcaa
protease enzyme/vitamins and minerals/electrolytes
choclate banana flavor
with the premium flavoring

any suggestions?

kratos47
05-01-2010, 03:02 PM
im more curious about the flavoring. i want this to taste good but im not sure one how to flavor it. so anyone with suggestions on this would be much appreciated. also about the bcaas and glutamine. do u guys think those are good additives?

jisboss
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
im more curious about the flavoring. i want this to taste good but im not sure one how to flavor it. so anyone with suggestions on this would be much appreciated. also about the bcaas and glutamine. do u guys think those are good additives?

I recommend ordering the sample pack. I ordered 2 sample packs and was able to choose 10 flavors to try. better to know what you are gonna get before putting in a bulk order and possibly getting a flavor you don't enjoy.

Diabetic Muscle
05-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I always ask for extra flavoring as I think the flavors are a little weak. But definitely get the sample pack to try them out first.

Running Rebel
05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
bcaas and glutamine are controversial. there are a lot folks who don't really believe bcaas give any benefit. I know Dave isn't too big on them. If you have the extra money for the bcaas, then I guess why not, I say go for it, it won't hurt. But a high quality protein will do the job. As for glutamine, there are several studies that show it has no effect. This confused me when I first read them because I've heard so many bodybuilders swear by it. Then I read an article by Big Cat on bb.com and what he said makes sense. He said that glutamine doesn't do anything in the offseason because we get enough from our food already (or that the food we eat does the job that glutamine does, can't really remember). However in a caloric deficit and dieting state he said it helps preserve muscle and recommends taking about double the recommended amount in this state.

Sandpig
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I always ask for extra flavoring as I think the flavors are a little weak. But definitely get the sample pack to try them out first.
Yea, like he said. If you like a stronger taste, you can get xtra flavoring.

Snuka23
05-02-2010, 02:30 AM
heard the cold filtered whey isolate is the best tasting and easiest to mix. i will be ordering the sample packs next week just to try all the flavors first then make my own custom blend