PDA

View Full Version : Walton County, panhandle?

crossbellas
05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
anybody ever heard of a halfway decent gym within driving distance of DESTIN? I vacation there in the summer and have not found anything other than a tiny golds gym which doesn't even have a hack slide. HELP im going in two weeks!

nsp
05-23-2011, 04:16 PM
If you're willing to go 30min or so out of you way you can go to Gold's in Panama City Beach. It's just a block off of HWY98. Many bodybuilders there.

BryanB
05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
If you drive across the island into Fort Walton, there is a place called Hardbody fitness right there on the left I believe. If you take a right and go up 85 there is a Gold's. I heard it was decent but didn't get the chance to visit before I left last year.

nsp
05-23-2011, 05:12 PM
That Hardbody is where Sergio Jr trains I think. He lives in destin.

Jason B
07-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I went to a Gold's in Miramar when I was there a few months ago. You take 98 east, it's about a mile past Holiday road, you'll see it on the left, you'll have to go past it and make a u-turn.

I wouldn't call it a hardcore gym necessarily, but it's got everything you need, 2 power racks with nice bars, round steel plates, tons of dumbells and kettlebells, hammer strength, cables, chalk allowed (bring your own), etc. It was like 10 bucks for a day pass.