PDA

View Full Version : HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO: Mon (5/3/10) 7pm EST: MR. OLYMPIA DEXTER JACKSON & DEREK POUNDSTONE!

Jeff The Producer
05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/banners/heavymusclebanner.jpg

http://www.alrindustries.com/images/logo/new-alr-industries-logo-sm.jpg http://www.progenexsrg.com/images/logo_progenex.gif

Mr. Olympia DEXTER JACKSON makes his debut appearance on HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO! How hungry is he for the top slot in 2010? Dexter reveals his new outlook on the sport of bodybuilding and his role as one of the best bodybuilders on the planet!

Strongman Champion DEREK POUNDSTONE invades HEAVY MUSCLE RADIOand receives the prestigious title of RXMUSCLE.COM's WORLDS STRONGEST MAN from DAVE PALUMBO!

HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO airs on Monday, May 3rd, 2010 at 7 PM EST/4 PM PST. Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

Click here to listen to HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html)

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 a few hours after the show for your convenience.

2008 Mr. Olympia DEXTER JACKSON!

http://i41.tinypic.com/2itnfhd.jpg

Strongman Champion DEREK POUNDSTONE!

http://i40.tinypic.com/16iuukx.jpg

AVBG
05-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Should be a great show!

fatbackgoal
05-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Really looking forward to listening to Derek. Hopefully Dexter wont be speaking with that chip on his shoulder like he has been recently.

Miami Muscle
05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
2 good guests! Cant wait to see what Dexter and Derek have to say....This should be a great show

The Big King
05-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I had a feeling Dexter was coming this week. Should be a great show!!

2manytoyz
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
I feel bad for dexter losing his contract but this is great news that RX can interview him

Warped
05-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Im excited to hear what Dexter has to say.
Poundstone just won a show I think.
Sounds like a great Muscle show.

Justin198922
05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I had a feeling Dexter was coming this week. Should be a great show!!

I thought the same thing earlier today

AussieMuscle
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Awesome, I enjoy listening to the strongman competitors.

doubleogordo
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
alright dexter

MikeS
05-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Ask Dexter what he put in his arms in australia. genuine question.

Jer
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Thank you. Now I have something to listen to tomorrow during my infusion.

swiftriz
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
good line up!!!

Maryland Muscle
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
This is gonna be great...The complete physique Dexter Jackson

bigdawg19
05-03-2010, 07:06 PM
This show is gonna be epic!!!:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

huge285
05-03-2010, 07:18 PM
This was a great show! People don't realize what a great personality DEXTER has.......... hopefully, people's opinion of him will change now. He's a really funny guy when he's comfortable talking with you!

jdl80
05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Great guests Dave, it don't get much better than Mr Olympia and World's Strongest Man!

Miami Muscle
05-04-2010, 12:19 AM
finally I can listen...

Listening now.....

BuffGuy
05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Awsome! Show!!!!!!!!!!!

jtg987
05-04-2010, 01:00 AM
thought this was a great show, weider kills the fans perception of some of their roster through exclusive deals. I had a chance to meet dex in Australia, and since then I have been a fan.

Miami Muscle
05-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Dex & Derek=Cool as fuck

jtg987
05-04-2010, 04:21 AM
also agree with what derek poundstone said about strongman becoming more popular than body building, my mates who aren't into bodybuilding are all interested in worlds strongest man, they can name more strongmen than bodybuilders

AussieMuscle
05-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Ask Dexter what he put in his arms in australia. genuine question.

Its not live dude, pre recorded..

This Is War
05-04-2010, 05:38 AM
I hope Dex and TF get contracts soon but this has worked out pretty well for HMR! LOL

Mobster
05-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Loved the joke with Derek re the one hand deadlift. I'd so kick ass!

Timbo89
05-04-2010, 07:45 AM
this is gonna be awesome!

MikeS
05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Its not live dude, pre recorded..

my bad. thought this was a thread for an up-coming show! teach me not to pay attention!

Running Rebel
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I've noticed with the top tier athletes during interviews they rarely give detailed information about their diet and training methods. Could this be because they want to sell their dvds?

Warped
05-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Great show. Low T...ROFL.

Swede
05-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I've noticed with the top tier athletes during interviews they rarely give detailed information about their diet and training methods. Could this be because they want to sell their dvds?

Or maby because its boring as fuck to everyone with a brain. (if they do it in Detail)

Besides those teens that RUNS to the gym after the interview to train Exactly like Dexter to look Exactly like dexter

TigerUpperCut
05-04-2010, 02:36 PM
dexter's laugh is great lol

Maryland Muscle
05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Agreed Dexters laugh is funny.

Where's the chicken with the steriods. lol

huge285
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
How can a microwave oven have a METAL rack??

I was visiting one of my cousins recently and noticed that her microwave (which is larger/taller than most) has a METAL rack that can be used to place things on! The bottom of the oven has a turntable, as usual, but there is also a rack that you can slide in or out, depending on whether you need to use it.

What I don't understand is HOW can you have something made of metal inside a microwave? Wouldn't it cause electrical arcing and eventually ruin the whole machine? (Well, the magnetron anyway). I've never seen a microwave with a metal rack before and don't understand how it can be OK. My cousin doesn't either; she just knows that it does not give her any trouble.

Can anyone explain? Thanks!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

aluminum foil can have sharp edges and these edges will cause sparks. the metal rack is smooth, and doesn't have sharp edges that can cause sparks.

also read theexplanation here
http://lohdown.caltech.edu/script_archiv… (http://lohdown.caltech.edu/script_archive?date_to_view=2006-07-31)
"Metal in Microwaves
Hey--how come you can't put aluminum foil into a microwave, but microwaves now come with metal racks? Are the pranksters at Panasonic TRYING to burn my kitchen down?

Physics offers an answer.

Microwave ovens produce electromagnetic waves that jiggle electrons--the negatively-charged bits inside atoms--kind of like ocean waves bob buoys up and down. Jiggling electrons represent kinetic energy -- motion at the atomic level-- and produce heat. The same jostling happens with water molecules--and THAT motion heats up your food.

The electrons in metal are mobile--they can move freely among atoms--and that's where microwave problems start. A thin metal like aluminum foil doesn't have room for all the wiggling, roving electrons. Instead, they bang into aluminum atoms, and then other aluminum atoms, and the FOIL heats up, catches fire, next thing you know, handsome firemen feel. . . you're wasting their time.

Sharp edges and points -- like on a fork--can also be prickly. The problem here? Static electricity. Electrons congregate in the edges and points, building up negative charge. Eventually, they start leaping off, causing sparks .. think mini-lightning.

But when the metal is thick, smooth, with rounded edges--that metal rack--the moving electrons can bounce around freely while rarely hitting another metal atom. Rack doesn't get hot.

Thanks for messing with my head, microwave people. But drying a poodle in the microwave, that's okay, isn't it? No. Just kidding! Don't! "

big nut
05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
another great episode! thanks for the free entertainment.

on after hours, dave you mentioned taping your dad on the phone...please do!! i've been begging for an appearance by sol...that would be priceless, given the funny dad stories you always have! loved the remote in the tie drawer story!

huge285
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
another great episode! thanks for the free entertainment.

on after hours, dave you mentioned taping your dad on the phone...please do!! i've been begging for an appearance by sol...that would be priceless, given the funny dad stories you always have! loved the remote in the tie drawer story!

I might have to get him in our RX MUSCLE studios!

stugots_
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Great show! Dex and Derek where both great guests!

Running Rebel
05-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Or maby because its boring as fuck to everyone with a brain. (if they do it in Detail)

Besides those teens that RUNS to the gym after the interview to train Exactly like Dexter to look Exactly like dexter

You wouldn't be interested in hearing what Dexter did differently to come in out of shape in '08 and then what he did to get what was probably his best shape ever in '09? We don't need an hour long detail, just simply whether he upped the carbs, lowered the carbs, tweaked the cardio, etc.

JAM
05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
dexter's laugh is great lol

Am I the only one who thinks Dexter's laugh sounds just like Chucky's (Child's Play) laugh.