PDA

View Full Version : Tea Tree Oil

LisaRD23
05-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Tea Tree Oil has become my new favorite product. I have used it to clear up minor skin irritations. Especially now with all the extra cardio, I have found it very helpful in preventing breakouts on my face, chest, and back.

I have used it as a gargle to treat sore throat. I also use it in the winter on my scalp to treat dryness.

Here are some other uses:
Skin Infections

General Disinfectant

Acne Treatment

Boils and Carbuncles

Warts

Bad Breath, Inflamed Gums, and Plaque
Sore Throat and Congestion

Canker Sores and Laryngitis

Dandruff and Lice

Yeast Infections

tight booty
05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I actually develope a rash/irritated skin from tea tree oil if too much is applied to my skin. When I used to get my underarms waxed (before I got laser hair removal) I had to ask the beauty therapists to not use any tea tree oil afterwards, as I developed a very nasty rash.

Sledge
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
It's great stuff. I've been using it for years. And I recommend it to people through work.

Add to the list

Athletes foot (And any other skin fungus)
Cold sores
Any minor open wound or sore.
A handy tight booty repellent.

Make sure the stuff you buy is pure Tea Tree oil. A lot of stuff out their is only a small percentage Tea tree oil.

Also consider eucalyptus oil for cleaning surfaces and disinfecting etc. Works well and smells good too.

Chris Pearce
05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I actually develope a rash/irritated skin from tea tree oil if too much is applied to my skin. When I used to get my underarms waxed (before I got laser hair removal) I had to ask the beauty therapists to not use any tea tree oil afterwards, as I developed a very nasty rash.

Ya, you do have to be careful with it. Tea Tree Oil is pretty potent but it works wonders. I've been using the tea tree oil from this company called Desert Essence and my skin has cleared up considerably. I love it and swear by it. The cleansing-pads are amazing too. It's not PURE tea tree oil, but a blend of tea tree and other oils.

http://www.desertessence.com/?gclid=CNOD-PbVuaECFQYMDQod1kxyXw

tight booty
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
A handy tight booty repellent.

HAHA.....walnuts are more lethal though....I am highly allergic and can't breath and break out in massive hives so walnuts for the kill.....teatree for a gentle repell....:p

Wendy
05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
The only downside of tea tree oil is that it's strong smell repels your man if you put too much on before bed! :)

LisaRD23
05-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Lol @ tight booty repelent!! My sister is actually very sensitive and has nut allergies, she can't use tea tree oil.

I usually dilute it a little in water...actually I'll wet a cotton ball, then apply tea tree oil to use it on my skin. Trader Joe's carries pure tea tree oil, that's where I get mine from.

tight booty
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Lol @ tight booty repelent!! My sister is actually very sensitive and has nut allergies, she can't use tea tree oil.

I usually dilute it a little in water...actually I'll wet a cotton ball, then apply tea tree oil to use it on my skin. Trader Joe's carries pure tea tree oil, that's where I get mine from.
Isn't that interesting....nut allergies and tea tree oil sensitivites....as well.
I can use a tiny bit, say if I dab some on a spot or when I used to get ingrown hairs (before laser hair removal) but that's about it.

Sledge
05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
The only downside of tea tree oil is that it's strong smell repels your man if you put too much on before bed! :)

I like the smell. :) . It tastes like crap though so don't put it anywhere you want your guy to put his mouth.

R.I.P.
05-05-2010, 11:37 PM
I like the soap.desert essence makes it. 3 in a pack for like $6.00 or a little less.i also use straight oil to dab on outbreaks as needed.

Wendy
05-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I like the smell. :) . It tastes like crap though so don't put it anywhere you want your guy to put his mouth.

LOL! If you have a reason to put tea tree oil in those areas then maybe he shouldn't be anywhere near that "area":p Sorry, couldn't resist!

figure_22
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM

This isn't the only downside! I'd say the BIGGEST downside to tea tree oil is the increased estrogen levels!! My boyfriend won't go near it! Was stressed out when the hairdresser used tea tree oil to massage his scalp.