PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Loser!

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I know some of you are bound to have some questions for someone who has lost a lot of weight.

I've lost over 100 pounds.

Hit me with your questions....

GirlyMuscle
03-13-2009, 08:25 AM
How long did it take you to lose 121?

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 09:44 AM
It took me two full years.

And I started out thinking I would lose 10 pounds a month, and be done with it in one year.

That didn't happen.

GirlyMuscle
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Took me 18 months to lose 70. I never thought about how long it would take when I was doing it because I knew it was something I'd have to do for the rest of my life.

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
See...I used to poner how long it would take all the time.

That was a very bad thing. It derailed me every time.

vietgoboi
03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I started keto beginning of this year, but reduce my caloric intake to 1800 this week from 2200, I wasn't noticing much weight drop.

My question is after lifting weights for 45 minutes, performing low intensity cardio after is best way to target fat storage?

I hope on threadmill for 30 minutes of LISS at 115-120 heart rate, but my recommendation was 133 @ age of 21. Can I still target the fat with low heart rate of 115-120 or force/amp up to achieve 133~?

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Hello, vietgoboi.

If you're looking at a percentage of your max heart rate, that is a pretty big differece. You're talking about a 67% of your max vs a 57% of your max.

I would go for that 133 if I was you.

In my opinion, doing that cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is best. You know you're drawing from stored fat and nowhere else.

After lifting is OK, but it's just not optimal. That's when you need to be getting some recovery fuel to your body and not burnging more calories. Unless maybe you're sipping a protein shake while you do it?

vietgoboi
03-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Hello, vietgoboi.

If you're looking at a percentage of your max heart rate, that is a pretty big differece. You're talking about a 67% of your max vs a 57% of your max.

I would go for that 133 if I was you. Will do.

In my opinion, doing that cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is best. You know you're drawing from stored fat and nowhere else.

After lifting is OK, but it's just not optimal. That's when you need to be getting some recovery fuel to your body and not burnging more calories. Unless maybe you're sipping a protein shake while you do it?
Currently will not do fasted cardio due to schedule, but will in the future. :D

Before I lift in the morning, I usually eat 4 bacon, 2 eggs, and 24g of protein (whey). I am pondering, because my meal is protein/fat, won't my weight training burn off any trace of glycogen before I perform LISS for 30 minutes?

BTW what your thoughts about keto diet and fat storage as fuel for whole day fad?

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 08:46 AM
I think I need to know more about your diet.

Are you following an Atkins type diet? That meal isn't clean enough to be a Dave diet meal.

I wasn't as much concerned about the burning off of glycogen as I was with you getting your recovery protein/carbs in.

I literally drink my shake the moment I am though lifting. I mix it at the gym.

If you throw in a cardio session between the lifting and the shake, that is too long.

You're tearing your muslces down. They are looking for ways to repair. You want the right fuel to be available.

My own recovery shake is 1 1/2 scoops ISS Whey Power with either 3 oz juice of 6 oz gatorade.

vietgoboi
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=vietgoboi&Year=2009&Month=2&Day=22

I eat around 1800 cals a day on ketgenic diet
4 bacon, 2 eggs and 24g protein (whey)
4 oz chicken breast,1 cup of broccoli
4 oz chicken breast,1 cup of broccoli
56 almonds
4 oz chicken breast,1 cup of broccoli,

Here what another person told me, I havn't been adding carbs to my shake at all for years.

During my weight lifting duration (45 minute), I usally drink my shake 15 minutes before the end and hope on Elliptical for 30 minutes (will cardio + insulin spike has any harm?)

By the way, is it fine to do 4 or 5 time of LISS once a week? (main goal fat loss, save as much muscle as I can)

Not seeing the point in doing this. Assuming you've eaten properly before and the combined session duration is not protracted, save your PWO drink for after the combined session [i.e. when you're done exercising completely]. Doing otherwise can diminish the albeit small fat burning effects of the cardio and can diminish the recovery benefits of the feeding as some will be used to fuel the exercise and not fuel recovery.

What you've eaten before is your savior and is just as, if not more, important. There will be previous meal overlap. The "window of opportiunity" is longer than you think or have been led to believe.

4 or 5 times of LISS once a week :confused: lol

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I put the carbs in my shake, because my guys tells me too. My diet is in the hands of a friend! He stepped in when I had let my calories fall to 500 a day. (I know, that was bad.)

I was eating a way I could not keep up.

The goal is to eat a way you can continue with later.

On your diet, I just worry you will tire of chicken three times a day?

Those almonds...are they raw? Salted? It would be better to have a few nuts with a shake or some meat.

Also, even though your stats may be in line, bacon is just not a great way to get your fat. All fats are not created equal. You know that!

I do agree with what your friend said about the post workout shake. If you are still losing, you don't want to be sipping as you go. Because yeah, some of it would be used for fuel. But...that's why I do mine at different time.

I do my cardio in the morning....4:00AM, if you can believe it!

vietgoboi
03-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I put the carbs in my shake, because my guys tells me too. My diet is in the hands of a friend! He stepped in when I had let my calories fall to 500 a day. (I know, that was bad.)

I was eating a way I could not keep up.

The goal is to eat a way you can continue with later.

On your diet, I just worry you will tire of chicken three times a day? I spice it up with taco seasoning, they might be the only meals I look forward for whole day.

Those almonds...are they raw? Salted? It would be better to have a few nuts with a shake or some meat.
http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=31

I might squeeze my meals from 5 to 4 meal w/ the nuts

Also, even though your stats may be in line, bacon is just not a great way to get your fat. All fats are not created equal. You know that!
I'll drop bacon w/ last bag.

I do agree with what your friend said about the post workout shake. If you are still losing, you don't want to be sipping as you go. Because yeah, some of it would be used for fuel. But...that's why I do mine at different time.

I do my cardio in the morning....4:00AM, if you can believe it!
What I've been reading lately, there no such thing as 30 minute anabolic window, as long your getting your required macro later in (1 hour later or so)

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I spice it up with taco seasoning, they might be the only meals I look forward for whole day.

http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=31

I might squeeze my meals from 5 to 4 meal w/ the nuts

I'll drop bacon w/ last bag.

What I've been reading lately, there no such thing as 30 minute anabolic window, as long your getting your required macro later in (1 hour later or so)

Well...if you're looking forward to the chicken, I guess that's good. If you get tired of it, we'll think of something different then.

I'm glad you're dropping the bacon. It's just not a good food. Aside from the wrong kind of fat, it's salty and full or nitrate. (And yes, I know it tastes so good!)

My guy still has me do my shake right after and then the next meal within in the hour. I'll run this by him.

He is very, very so I trust what he says.