PDA

View Full Version : Why Should I Buy Species Products?

Michael K. Scott
05-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Why should I buy your isolate whey over other products and its quite xpensive but what are the benefits over my EAS protein?

what is the benefit of your omegalyze over my regular fish oil?

what is benefit of fiberlyze and carbolyze over my benefiber or just using rice krispies cereal and fruit for post or preworkout?

thanks!! i really would like to know

Michael K. Scott
05-08-2010, 09:09 AM
well it seems like species nutrition is portrayed as high quality supplements superior to most competitive brands

I would just like the inside scoop on why I should try this line as opposed to another

5% Monster
05-08-2010, 10:26 AM
You need to buy Species Products because Michael Palumbo told you to.

Yonkersguy
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I just got a special buy 2 get one free over at another site for a pure whey isolate. It got a 9.2 out of 10 rating, and I got over 90 servings for $35. and it's delicious! So, until i see a sale like THAT with Species Whey, I will go for other brands, especially when it's pure isolate...money IS an issue with me.

Chris Pearce
05-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Well, from the protein perspective... Isolyze is a higher quality, more refined protein that has next to no sugars. This is ideal for keto diets. It doesn't leave you with this feeling of gut rot from the junk in other proteins. It's just simple, straight forward protein... nothing else. The flavor system tastes a lot better then other pure whey protein isolate products... but I'll have to agree with you about the price. It is a little steep. For me, a broke bodybuilder just out of college, it's tough to fork out the cash for it.

The argument for Omegalyze is a little more persuasive. Omegalyze is a clinical grade fish oil supplement. It is, again, a higher quality product...

and in light of the recent news of non-clinical grade Fish Oil Supps.... well, you can read for yourself and make a decision.
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_14501591
http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/03/04/fish-oil-makers-and-sellers-sued-over-toxic-supplements/

Those PCBs they are talking about are linked with causing cancer

Sledge
05-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I think Quality is the answer. Read the labels and see whats in the protein you buy. I also think a lot of the products like Omegalyze and fiberlyze. Have the quality but also take the thinking out. Sure if you buy a high quality WPI add your own flavor and additives you require you can get an equal product cheaper. Same with the other products if you take the time to get all your EFAs separately and weigh them out and take them you could do it cheaper Or you could save the time and effort and just buy the species product.

I guess the main reason to pay a bit more is for quality and convenience.

I think Species next product should be Sledgalyze. That's where Dave comes over and cooks me a months worth of pre prepared meals made to perfect ratios of quality food, and fills my freezer so I never have to do it.

stl50
05-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I think Quality is the answer. Read the labels and see whats in the protein you buy. I also think a lot of the products like Omegalyze and fiberlyze. Have the quality but also take the thinking out. Sure if you buy a high quality WPI add your own flavor and additives you require you can get an equal product cheaper. Same with the other products if you take the time to get all your EFAs separately and weigh them out and take them you could do it cheaper Or you could save the time and effort and just buy the species product.

I guess the main reason to pay a bit more is for quality and convenience.

I agree, and have done it both ways. Tried to save money and buy my fish oil seperate, (Primrose and Omega-3), but once you take the recommended dosage (most are underdosed), you really aren't saving money.

I won't take any other proteins though, most have a terrible effect on my stomach. I love the Isolyze.

DaEagles
05-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Or just buy from trueprotein.com

GetLean
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Or just buy from trueprotein.com

Yeah I love doing that, especially when I get to the end of my order and for a 2lb jug of protein it runs about $25 for shipping, thats the best!

DaEagles
05-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Or just buy 10lbs at a time and when you are low buy another 10lbs dummy

beezy13
05-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah I love doing that, especially when I get to the end of my order and for a 2lb jug of protein it runs about $25 for shipping, thats the best!

$25? I've never paid more than $10.00 shipping at true protien. And no matter what they charge its still cheaper than isolyze and the quality is exactly the same. isolyze is a name brand and they will always be more expensive but quality wise you can find it much cheaper. Its really up to you.

DannyAbs
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I have never ordered from Trueprotein, but I have been tempted to. I used to be a die hard Isolyze user, but I have switched to Isolation by Brutal Alchemy. The taste in my opinion is better than Isolyze and I love the fact that it contains no artififcal sweetners. Has anyone tried the natural flavors at trueprotein that are sweetened with stevia? Sometimes, depending on the brand, stevia can have a very bitter taste. The stevia used in Isolation is perfect, but to get the full value of trueprotein, you need to order in bulk. I don't want to end up with 10 lbs of nasty tasting protein.

Wh1teruss1an
05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't want to end up with 10 lbs of nasty tasting protein.

I just order the unflavored protein and a bunch of the little flavor packs. I get 25lbs of Isolate with my choice of 5 or 6 flavors, whatever i''m in the mood for that day. I use the premium flavors though, haven't tried the natural flavors.

Wrex
05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm using isoflex right now the 5 pound bottle is a lot cheaper then the 4 pound isolyze, and its very similar.

Behemoth
05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I have never ordered from Trueprotein, but I have been tempted to. I used to be a die hard Isolyze user, but I have switched to Isolation by Brutal Alchemy. The taste in my opinion is better than Isolyze and I love the fact that it contains no artififcal sweetners. Has anyone tried the natural flavors at trueprotein that are sweetened with stevia? Sometimes, depending on the brand, stevia can have a very bitter taste. The stevia used in Isolation is perfect, but to get the full value of trueprotein, you need to order in bulk. I don't want to end up with 10 lbs of nasty tasting protein.

Hey Dan,

I got the sample pack of natural flavors from TP a couple months ago and they were awesome. I did a comparison of flavors from their "premium" line of flavors, sweetened with Nutrasweet, at least the ones that were the same of course, and teh natural were way better I thought. No Stevia twang and the flavors were much cleaner with no after taste at all. I liked the natural better in all cases except th TP chocolate peanut butter cup, which you can only get premium, that stuff rocks! You should order a sample pack of all their natural flavors, each is 50g of protein and it's not that expensive at all.

DannyAbs
05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Hey Dan,

I got the sample pack of natural flavors from TP a couple months ago and they were awesome. I did a comparison of flavors from their "premium" line of flavors, sweetened with Nutrasweet, at least the ones that were the same of course, and teh natural were way better I thought. No Stevia twang and the flavors were much cleaner with no after taste at all. I liked the natural better in all cases except th TP chocolate peanut butter cup, which you can only get premium, that stuff rocks! You should order a sample pack of all their natural flavors, each is 50g of protein and it's not that expensive at all.

Thanks for th info guys. Def going to give TP a try. Great recommendation on the flavor packs too. How many packs would I need to order for 10 lbs of whey isolate?

big.poppa.pump
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Plus, the fat burners are very popular. Google usnic acid, I am sure you will see a lot about it.....

tammyp
05-12-2010, 06:17 AM
compare labels. i have used everything and this is by far the best quality pp i have ever used. and you cant beat the macros. no carbs no fat 27 g pro.

DaEagles
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks for th info guys. Def going to give TP a try. Great recommendation on the flavor packs too. How many packs would I need to order for 10 lbs of whey isolate?

True the forum they have

Jeepgcboy97
05-12-2010, 02:20 PM
compare labels. i have used everything and this is by far the best quality pp i have ever used. and you cant beat the macros. no carbs no fat 27 g pro.

i agree...used species stuff (iso/carbo/lipo/soma) pre contest and helped wonders. i usually do 2 scoops vanilla isolyze with 1 scoop f/p carbolyze...

Leatherhead
05-12-2010, 02:56 PM
trueprotein.com hands down...

i use there isolate with stevia, tastes great...

also the choclate LBAs are awesome and will save your sanity on a contest diet...along with adding more protien.

you cant lose.

Youngguns
05-12-2010, 03:25 PM
trueprotein.com hands down...

i use there isolate with stevia, tastes great...

also the choclate LBAs are awesome and will save your sanity on a contest diet...along with adding more protien.

you cant lose.
+1

I buy plain powder (recession whey) and cold filtered for post workout. I then add organic cocoa powder for taste.

shankuan
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
i have used trueprotein and agree that its good value for money but damn it the flavours didn't meet my expectations (like the creamy peanut butter since i'm a huuuuge pb fan).

I just decided to try species isolyze van pb and i must say i was pleasantly surprised that it tasted THAT good PLUS it didn't give me any of the stomach reactions i get to other 'low lactose' proteins! i literally wanted to mix it and eat it off a spoon! I also agree though that it IS pricey and am trying as best as i can to stretch out what i have left (to last me the rest of the month).

teamhgh
05-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Species Nutrition can kill you so parental guidance is recommended.