PDA

View Full Version : any recommendations? 1st time competetior in Michigan!!

growing
05-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Whats up guys!! I really would like to do a show! I am in Michigan in the detroit area. Never competed before so im just looking for some recommendations, possibly for what show i should do and so forth. I have been training for 5 years and i have a decent size im about 5'10 225 rght now with 9%bf. Anyways any suggestions would be great!

AnglicanBeachParty
05-10-2010, 11:52 AM
How soon are you looking to compete?

If you are looking for a tested contest, the NPC Natural Michigan is coming up on July 17.

Otherwise, perhaps the 2011 Novice Michigan in March.

growing
05-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Thats what i was thinking after looking at the pictures i think i could do pretty good in that comp. Is everyone in that comp first time comptetors?

AnglicanBeachParty
05-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Thats what i was thinking after looking at the pictures i think i could do pretty good in that comp. Is everyone in that comp first time comptetors?

No. I think the NPC definition of "Novice" is that you have never won your class at an NPC event. That being the case, I (unfortunately!) could still enter the Novice Michigan next year.

Manz0820
05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I think in the entry form said that you couldnt have placed 1st or 2nd for the Novice Michigan

miamibodybuilder
01-20-2011, 11:53 PM
if you think you're ready to compete just do a show thats maybe 12-20 weeks out so you have plenty of time to plan everything. when it comes to a competition, planning is everything. my motto is fail to plan and you plan to fail. if you're looking for a natural show, check out the NGA website and join up at www.naturalfreakworld.com along with this site so you can chat to more natural bodybuilders. but get up there and show you what you got man. good luck