PDA

View Full Version : First Anavar cycle w/Thyroxine Sodium & OTC supps

tankygirl
05-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Weight 150lbs
BF% 17.3
Training 20 years
Competing 2 years

Hi All, I am about to start my first cycle of Anavar. I will be starting with 2.5mg twice daily for 10 days then if no reactions I will go to 5mg twice daily for remainder of cycle (8 weeks at this stage)

My next competition is 22 weeks away and I have just started my pre-contest dieting, I like to take it slow and steady and allow for any problems that may need more time to fix..

Presently taking L-Glutamine, Creatine, Multi Vitamin, OTC Test Booster, Omega 3's, BCAA's, Protein Powder, usually drinking 3-4 litres of water.

I also take 200mcg of Thyroxine Sodium once a day as I had my thyroid totally removed 27 years ago... which means I can get the Thyroxine without any problems so changing the dose if required is also not a problem :yep:

Diet will be 2 days no carb one day higher carb, done by professional competition trainer and nutritionist who does not have a lot of knowledge with anavar.

My question is... sorry it too so long to get to it... is there any OTC supps I should be taking and how much, I saw on another thread Milk Thistle and Acidophilus were recommended... anything else?????

Thanx for your help and yes I know 50 does seem old but I don't think it is and when you get there neither will you....

tammyp
05-16-2010, 09:18 AM
who said it was old?

what is your goal here? this dose wont see much as far as results go.youd be better starting with 5 and going to 10.

i think you have all the bases covered as far as supplementation..gl!

s2h
05-16-2010, 10:06 AM
what are you doing figure,FBB?either way i would like to see you get your bf% down thru diet/cardio/training to 12% range....22 weeks on var is a bit much...

s2h
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
also 50's not old....

sassy69
05-16-2010, 11:36 AM
I think you have every thing covered. I'm not clear on the duration of this cycle? 2 weeks start and then 8 weeks? I'd probably run more like 12-16 weeks, but not up to 22 if that is the plan.

GirlyMuscle
05-16-2010, 12:17 PM
50 better not be old. I'll be 46 this year. ;) Remember that with women in bodybuilding we only get better with age.

Good luck with your comp!

tankygirl
05-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanx for the answers :o)

I am competing in Figure, I want to use var to gain some size not so much for cutting pre-comp, I can do that easily with diet and training/cardio and I'm usually on stage at 7% or 30 mm's, I just need a bit more size and a little help with keeping the gains as I find it is getting harder to keep the muscle I have as I age.

I was only going to run it for 10 weeks but if 12-16 is recommended then I will go with that, and change it up to 5 then 10....

Thanks again for your answers will let you know how I go.

tammyp
05-17-2010, 05:46 AM
if you are trying to gain, that is a much better plan. gl!

tankygirl
05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Wondering if any of you have stacked Var capsules and Winnie injectable???? I am starting the var tomorrow (if it arrives on time) but after discussions with my trainer, she is encouraging me to stack winnie injectable on top of the var after about 4 weeks... Her thoughts are that this will give me faster more pronounced results... which is good in theory but I am nervous about the sides with Winnie... don't fancy growing a beard at 50 LOL

If you have stacked them at what doseage of each did you use and how were they timed? Mr trainers experience has been with male competitors so I would be happy with a yard stick number to make sure I am not over doing the stack...

Also.... I have seen discussions about drinking Winnie on this forum... are we talking about the same thing as the injectable Winnie Depot or is this another form... I am based out of the US so I'm not sure if what I am reading about is the same water based injectable that I can get...

Thanx again for your help :o))

sassy69
05-20-2010, 12:45 AM
The sides from winstrol will be more pronounced than anything you experience on var so just be prepared. Whatever you do experience will clear when the compounds clear (ref:detection time for anavar & winstrol).

Yes you can drink the winny - if its "winstrol" then it will be the same water-based injectible anywhere on the planet (unless its faked - I don't think people bother faking winstrol because its pretty cheap & readily available). You can do it at 25 mg E3D. It doesn't matter "when" you use it relative to anavar in terms of time of day - mostly just more important to tkae it consistently.

I know everyone is "worried about" or "scared of" the sides with this or that AAS that more than anavar - but this is where you have to take responsibility for your decisions. The only way you'll know how you respond is if you do your own personal experiment. The sides are widely discussed all over the internet, so the broad range of what you see discussed can happen to you - expect any of them, but the degree to which you experience them will be dependent upon the compound, your dosing and your own body chemistry. Be aware that "really tiny doses" aren't going to make a difference in sides- you're introducing a dramatic change in your hormone profile even w/ small amounts. You're either using or not - "just a little doesn't" still means using.

Easily expected sides include:
- yeast infection (same as any AAS - recommend include acidophilus in your supplements to help prevent it)
- voice crack / change / scratchy throat -- can't do anything about this
- hairloss - this is similar to male pattern baldness - DHT - Nizoral shampoo helps
- acne - can also use Nizoral shampoo as a body wash
- facial hair growth - might be random darker hairs, probably not a big issue unless you cycle more / longer.
- some people experience low-grade fever / cold from winstrol (happens also w/ other AAS) - this can be the body's reaction to this compound - sort of like its trying to deal w/ the foreign stuff in it.

tankygirl
05-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank you Sassy!
I realise that there may be sides, it is a risk that I am prepared for and accept, I have thought about this seriously for about a year and tossed it around for a couple before that...
I like the sound of being able to drink the winny! not a great needle fan, don't mind them but certainly wasn't looking forward to them :o) Although wouldn't drinking the compund have a more profound affect on the liver compaired to intramuscular?

I have already started taking the acidophilus and milk thistle so that I have some in my system prior to beginning the cycle... Will also definitely check out the Nizoral.

I had seen the "flu" thing in lots of threads.... typical for me though I have just caught the normal everyday flu so even if I started the Winstrol tomorrow I would never know if it affected me that way LOL..

tammyp
05-20-2010, 05:33 AM
yes taking the winny orally is harder on the liver than injecting.

sassy69
05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Thank you Sassy!
I realise that there may be sides, it is a risk that I am prepared for and accept, I have thought about this seriously for about a year and tossed it around for a couple before that...
I like the sound of being able to drink the winny! not a great needle fan, don't mind them but certainly wasn't looking forward to them :o) Although wouldn't drinking the compund have a more profound affect on the liver compaired to intramuscular?

I have already started taking the acidophilus and milk thistle so that I have some in my system prior to beginning the cycle... Will also definitely check out the Nizoral.

I had seen the "flu" thing in lots of threads.... typical for me though I have just caught the normal everyday flu so even if I started the Winstrol tomorrow I would never know if it affected me that way LOL..

I just think its good to be aware of because often people will get the flu-like symptoms within a week or so of their first dose and then start to feel so shitty they can't train. And then they start to worry about continuing the cycle since they can't train. It can be a bit of a mindfuck if you don't know what to expect. Also if you start to get the scratchy throat, it might be part of the flu-like sysmptoms, it might continue w/ the cycle as your body's response to the androgen, or just as part of the flu-like symptoms.

sassy69
05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
yes taking the winny orally is harder on the liver than injecting.

People also talk about ocassional injection pain from winstrol and choose the liver impact over injection pain.

Winstrol is often called the "snake bite drug" - it either likes you or it doesn't.

tankygirl
05-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Thank you both again for the great info. Gee Snake Bite... sounds interesting... can't wait! :o}

s2h
05-21-2010, 05:41 AM
The sides from winstrol will be more pronounced than anything you experience on var so just be prepared. Whatever you do experience will clear when the compounds clear (ref:detection time for anavar & winstrol).

Yes you can drink the winny - if its "winstrol" then it will be the same water-based injectible anywhere on the planet (unless its faked - I don't think people bother faking winstrol because its pretty cheap & readily available). You can do it at 25 mg E3D. It doesn't matter "when" you use it relative to anavar in terms of time of day - mostly just more important to tkae it consistently.

I know everyone is "worried about" or "scared of" the sides with this or that AAS that more than anavar - but this is where you have to take responsibility for your decisions. The only way you'll know how you respond is if you do your own personal experiment. The sides are widely discussed all over the internet, so the broad range of what you see discussed can happen to you - expect any of them, but the degree to which you experience them will be dependent upon the compound, your dosing and your own body chemistry. Be aware that "really tiny doses" aren't going to make a difference in sides- you're introducing a dramatic change in your hormone profile even w/ small amounts. You're either using or not - "just a little doesn't" still means using.

Easily expected sides include:
- yeast infection (same as any AAS - recommend include acidophilus in your supplements to help prevent it)
- voice crack / change / scratchy throat -- can't do anything about this
- hairloss - this is similar to male pattern baldness - DHT - Nizoral shampoo helps
- acne - can also use Nizoral shampoo as a body wash
- facial hair growth - might be random darker hairs, probably not a big issue unless you cycle more / longer.
- some people experience low-grade fever / cold from winstrol (happens also w/ other AAS) - this can be the body's reaction to this compound - sort of like its trying to deal w/ the foreign stuff in it.you left out she's gonna be horny........

tankygirl
05-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Yay! Horny!!!... or should I say.. more horny!!! see there is always an upside even to sides...

s2h
05-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Yay! Horny!!!... or should I say.. more horny!!! see there is always an upside even to sides...i love women on AAS....

sassy69
05-23-2010, 02:04 AM
you left out she's gonna be horny........

Most people don't consider that a "side", as in a bad thing.

s2h
05-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Most people don't consider that a "side", as in a bad thing.1 of the 2 best ass sides for women that is good.......

LookImDancinCrazy!
05-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Weight 150lbs
BF% 17.3
Training 20 years
Competing 2 years

Hi All, I am about to start my first cycle of Anavar. I will be starting with 2.5mg twice daily for 10 days then if no reactions I will go to 5mg twice daily for remainder of cycle (8 weeks at this stage)

My next competition is 22 weeks away and I have just started my pre-contest dieting, I like to take it slow and steady and allow for any problems that may need more time to fix..

Presently taking L-Glutamine, Creatine, Multi Vitamin, OTC Test Booster, Omega 3's, BCAA's, Protein Powder, usually drinking 3-4 litres of water.

I also take 200mcg of Thyroxine Sodium once a day as I had my thyroid totally removed 27 years ago... which means I can get the Thyroxine without any problems so changing the dose if required is also not a problem :yep:

Diet will be 2 days no carb one day higher carb, done by professional competition trainer and nutritionist who does not have a lot of knowledge with anavar.

My question is... sorry it too so long to get to it... is there any OTC supps I should be taking and how much, I saw on another thread Milk Thistle and Acidophilus were recommended... anything else?????

Thanx for your help and yes I know 50 does seem old but I don't think it is and when you get there neither will you....

I have a few ideas to offer.

not sure any herbal (or otherwise) OTC product to increase endogenous T production would be worthwhile while also running an oxogenous anabolic. I'd drop the OTC T booster until the day you d/c your Ox cycle.

Also, there is some speculation that silymarin can antagonize the androgen receptor. That means the milk thistle product could possibly decrease the effectiveness of the AAS you're running.

Lastly, why not just get a CBC every 4 weeks to monitor your AST/ALT/Alk phosphatase levels? If they aint broke, why run the milk thistle to fix 'em. Even 10mg daily for an otherwise healthy liver for 8 weeks isn't exactly reckless. Just don't take acet, drink, and know the potential hepatotoxity of any other meds you may be taking. (ex unison which can be a bit toxic at liver doses)

tankygirl
06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Well so much for my plans...
The Anavar has never appeared, it seems to be rarer than hens teeth out of the States!!
So I will now be doing a straight Winnie cycle... fingers crossed the snake bite doesn't get me LOL
Any suggestions about things I may need to change now that it will only be Winnie??

Sledge
06-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Hey TankyGirl. So your not in the USA and judging by your profile pic i can guess what country your in. You are correct about the avaliability, rearer than hens teeth. I guess you'll be changing feds for your next comp too, what show are you doing?

And most importantly tell us about your ride. :)

sassy69
06-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Well so much for my plans...
The Anavar has never appeared, it seems to be rarer than hens teeth out of the States!!
So I will now be doing a straight Winnie cycle... fingers crossed the snake bite doesn't get me LOL
Any suggestions about things I may need to change now that it will only be Winnie??

If you're talking tabs, you can follow pretty much the same schedule as the anavar - winstrol & var have comparable half-lives.

The only thing I'd add is just more caveats around it.
- if you develop like a low-grade fever or feel a cold within 10-14 days of starting, probably due to your body dealing w/ the compound. If you can just work thru it - you might need more sleep, etc. as you would if you were feeling sick. It will pass tho.
- make sure you've got your liver support
- acne can be handled w/ Nizoral shampoo as a body wash. Vitamin B5/Pantothenic acid can help w/ hormonal acne.
- Nizoral shampoo if you experience any hairloss (you'd notice more hair coming out in your brush than normal)
- if any voice change/cracky throat/voice (possible, not likely), can't do much about it but it clears after the compound clears your system (ref: winstrol detection time or sooner)

That's about it. I don't know what brand you have or the true dosing of it, but go w/ that and you can always adjust down if the sides are too annoying.

deestar
06-02-2010, 01:02 PM
My girlfriend started a winstrol cycle last week and is noticing creaky, painful joints, which I know is an expected side (have never run it myself). Do OTC joint supplements like glucosamine/chondroitin help much with this in your experience?

D

sassy69
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
My girlfriend started a winstrol cycle last week and is noticing creaky, painful joints, which I know is an expected side (have never run it myself). Do OTC joint supplements like glucosamine/chondroitin help much with this in your experience?

D

Not dramatically because the winstrol is just drying out the joints. I'd be sure to keep your EFAs sufficient. But otherwise, this is why most guys stack winstrol w/ deca to provide some water to ease the winstrol joint drying.

Sledge
06-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I have a friend 47 years old (not on this site) who loves Anavar says she'd "run it 365 days year" if she could, mainly because of the way it makes her feel. Hates winstrol and gets some bad negative sides from it. I guess it just shows everyone is different.

tankygirl
06-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Hey TankyGirl. So your not in the USA and judging by your profile pic i can guess what country your in. You are correct about the avaliability, rearer than hens teeth. I guess you'll be changing feds for your next comp too, what show are you doing?

And most importantly tell us about your ride. :)

LOL Yes Sledge definitely changing feds, can't see the point in heading this way then using it to win over naturals... no glory in that!

Next comp is at the end of the year...

oh and and a photo of the Broom is attached...

tankygirl
06-03-2010, 02:37 AM
If you're talking tabs, you can follow pretty much the same schedule as the anavar - winstrol & var have comparable half-lives.

The only thing I'd add is just more caveats around it.
- if you develop like a low-grade fever or feel a cold within 10-14 days of starting, probably due to your body dealing w/ the compound. If you can just work thru it - you might need more sleep, etc. as you would if you were feeling sick. It will pass tho.
- make sure you've got your liver support
- acne can be handled w/ Nizoral shampoo as a body wash. Vitamin B5/Pantothenic acid can help w/ hormonal acne.
- Nizoral shampoo if you experience any hairloss (you'd notice more hair coming out in your brush than normal)
- if any voice change/cracky throat/voice (possible, not likely), can't do much about it but it clears after the compound clears your system (ref: winstrol detection time or sooner)

That's about it. I don't know what brand you have or the true dosing of it, but go w/ that and you can always adjust down if the sides are too annoying.

Once again thanx for al the info!!! It is injectable not tabs... will post any sides, effects etc..

sassy69
06-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Once again thanx for al the info!!! It is injectable not tabs... will post any sides, effects etc..

I think we said this - you can drink it if you don't want to pin.

tankygirl
06-03-2010, 05:31 AM
I think we said this - you can drink it if you don't want to pin.

Yes thanx Sassy we did discuss drinking it but I have chosen to go with the pins to ensure I get full effect from it, and it is what my trainer is used to so I will let you know Saturday if I get a snake bite LOL

I also have to say what a great forum this is! Its such a relief to be able to discuss this and get positive information.

Sledge
06-04-2010, 02:28 AM
LOL Yes Sledge definitely changing feds, can't see the point in heading this way then using it to win over naturals... no glory in that!

Next comp is at the end of the year...

oh and and a photo of the Broom is attached...

Not often I see a broom with whitewalls. Nice sporty.

tankygirl
06-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Well I had the first dose of Winny injected... no snake bite, in fact didn't even know the shot was done till I was told it was finished :o)

sassy69
06-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Well I had the first dose of Winny injected... no snake bite, in fact didn't even know the shot was done till I was told it was finished :o)

You'll know more in 10-14 days.

tankygirl
06-08-2010, 04:59 AM
You'll know more in 10-14 days.

Can't wait!!

Today it does feel like have been hit on the shoulder with an iron bar, but still not a "nasty" pain...

Suzanne
06-08-2010, 08:36 AM

the "snake bite" sassy is referring to doesn't have anything to do with the actual injection

musclemilf
06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
a winny snakebite = undesirable sides

tankygirl
06-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Just an update... I have now had one oral dose and 5 x 21mg injections.(E3D) Not having any problems at all with the shots, body fat is dropping but then I am on a pre-contest diet, but the fat loss does appear better than what is normal pre-contest for me...
I have MAJOR strength increases in almost all weights at the gym. Of course its too early to see any body shape results although I think the pre-contest changes are coming in quicker....
My appetite has been normal until this morning when my hunger went through the roof... solved that by adding a small amount of carbs to a couple of meals on what woud normally be a low carb day...
Very happy with the winny so far :)

sassy69
06-19-2010, 02:40 PM
I think you'll see the most dramatic part of a cycle is its support of all the beating you're doing on your body.

Fit_Jess
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
any good recommendations for what and if i should take an otc test booster....im about to take my first cycle of var this week? thanks for any recommendations!

sassy69
06-22-2010, 01:28 PM
any good recommendations for what and if i should take an otc test booster....im about to take my first cycle of var this week? thanks for any recommendations!

Var is better and less toxic on your liver than any OTC test boosters. I don't think you need anything in addition to var.

tankygirl
06-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Ok... so I have now been on winny 25mg E3D (Sorry not 21 as mentioned before) whih is roughly 8mg ED for 24 days.
I have had zero sides, great strength gains and fat loss. I was gaining 200gms of muscle a week (measured by calipers as fat loss/muscle gain) but last week lost 300gms of muscle.
Since then I have increased my carb intake to counteract the muscle burning with the precomp diet.
Doing the 25mg E3D placed me smack in the middle of the min and max recommended dose based on 5-10mg a day.
Because I am fighting the precomp diet all I am achieving is keeping what muscle I already had, I would be interested in your thoughts on increasing the dose to 50mg E3D which is equivalent to 16mg ED while the recommended dose is 5-10mg ED.

I have been told that this dose should give me growth without a great increase in the risk of sides, although I realise that sides can't be predicted...

I was hoping to stack with Anavar but this has still not turned up.. so I am now looking at increasing the winny instead..

sassy69
06-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Ok... so I have now been on winny 25mg E3D (Sorry not 21 as mentioned before) whih is roughly 8mg ED for 24 days.
I have had zero sides, great strength gains and fat loss. I was gaining 200gms of muscle a week (measured by calipers as fat loss/muscle gain) but last week lost 300gms of muscle.
Since then I have increased my carb intake to counteract the muscle burning with the precomp diet.
Doing the 25mg E3D placed me smack in the middle of the min and max recommended dose based on 5-10mg a day.
Because I am fighting the precomp diet all I am achieving is keeping what muscle I already had, I would be interested in your thoughts on increasing the dose to 50mg E3D which is equivalent to 16mg ED while the recommended dose is 5-10mg ED.

I have been told that this dose should give me growth without a great increase in the risk of sides, although I realise that sides can't be predicted...

I was hoping to stack with Anavar but this has still not turned up.. so I am now looking at increasing the winny instead..

What is your protein intake? Your diet should be your first line of muscle preservation during a competition cut.

tankygirl
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
My diet has been adjusted and is currently:
MEALS:
Meal 1: ½ cup oats (measured dry)
250ml egg whites, mushrooms, capsicum, onion
3 x fish Oil caplets, multivitamins
Meal 2: 200g Kangaroo Steak, 150g sweet potato 2 c. green veggies season with bragg’s amino’s
Meal 3: 200g chicken, 150g sweet potato OR brown rice 2 c green salad OR green veggies, season with BRAGG’s amino’s
Meal 4: 150g. tuna, 120g steamed rice, 2 c. green veggies,
Meal 5: 200g chicken, 2 c. green veggies and 3 Fish Oil caplets Glass of Metamucil
Meal 6: 1 scoop of Slow Release Protein mixed with water and 1 scoop (5 grams) of L-Glutamine.
Half hour before your weight training workouts take Creatine
post work out take 5g glutamine and amino acids, 40g protein w banana

I have always need high protein intake to help stop use of muscle due to the thyroxine I have to take.

sassy69
06-29-2010, 01:13 AM
LOL - I'm too lazy to put that into a food counts program - but you get my point. I eat somewhere around 240 g of protein myself.

If you want to bump up the dose, go for it. The only thing I'd say is that you're doing the experiment w/ your own body chemistry so just watch the sides. Winstrol is notorious for causing voice change and such. And then decide how much you're ok with - it may be no biggie, you may not like it. The secret is finding the sweet spot for your body chemistry. You can always bump it back down if you need to. It will take a little while for the higher dosing to clear but that's just part of what comes w/ playing on the dark side.

tankygirl
07-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Update on my winny cycle...
Now on a dose of 50mg E3D, from the start of the cycle I have had good strength gains and they are still coming.
Being on pre-contest cutting diet has meant its harder to grow muscle, although I did gain 500 gms of muscle in the first 2 weeks, I then lost it due to my diet being too low. I have now gained the 500gms back and at this stage it looks like I will be gaining around 250gms a week while losing bodyfat. Definitely getting more muscle in areas I have always been low on - shoulders, biceps, back...
Zero sides so far... although get a bit snappy and being a total bitch does seems to come easier, maybe its just that I can see idiots clearer... :o)

sassy69
07-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Good to hear! I guess, be aware of the bitchier moments - even if its not a biggie, just like its no one else's job to deal w/ us when we're getting bitchy on a low carb day, its good to be aware of when you're more likely to get set off and manage it.

tankygirl
10-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Update on my winny cycle...
Now on a dose of 50mg E3D, from the start of the cycle I have had good strength gains and they are still coming.
Being on pre-contest cutting diet has meant its harder to grow muscle, although I did gain 500 gms of muscle in the first 2 weeks, I then lost it due to my diet being too low. I have now gained the 500gms back and at this stage it looks like I will be gaining around 250gms a week while losing bodyfat. Definitely getting more muscle in areas I have always been low on - shoulders, biceps, back...
Zero sides so far... although get a bit snappy and being a total bitch does seems to come easier, maybe its just that I can see idiots clearer... :o)

Ok so my comp is this weekend and I never did manage to get hold of any Anivar, I am now tapering off the winny and have been on a tapered in dose of Arimidex for 4 weeks and start tapering off that tomorrow...
Using Aldactone from tonight, I have used it before and overdosed it with flat results so sticking to instructions this time round. I am already a lot more cut than this time out of my previous comps

I have LOVED being on Winny and can't wait to do my next cycle!! (Although I do hope to eventually get hold of some Anavar for the next time round!) My body has changed shape and the contest prep has been one hell of a lot easier than ever before.

The A-Dex is great, it took away the bitchness I was struggling with and evened out the mood swings and calmed me down, I am going to try and find out about having this as a perscribed medication as it has made an amazing difference to my mood swings, cravings, hell everything!

As for muscle growth... On a pre-comp carb cycling (2 days no carbs 1 day loaded) diet I have gained just on 4kgs (8lbs) of muscle... I can't wait for next week so I can hit the weights with some carbs in me and grow some more!

Thanx everyone for all your advice and support.. you are an awesome group!!:hmn:

sassy69
10-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Ok so my comp is this weekend and I never did manage to get hold of any Anivar, I am now tapering off the winny and have been on a tapered in dose of Arimidex for 4 weeks and start tapering off that tomorrow...
Using Aldactone from tonight, I have used it before and overdosed it with flat results so sticking to instructions this time round. I am already a lot more cut than this time out of my previous comps

I have LOVED being on Winny and can't wait to do my next cycle!! (Although I do hope to eventually get hold of some Anavar for the next time round!) My body has changed shape and the contest prep has been one hell of a lot easier than ever before.

The A-Dex is great, it took away the bitchness I was struggling with and evened out the mood swings and calmed me down, I am going to try and find out about having this as a perscribed medication as it has made an amazing difference to my mood swings, cravings, hell everything!

As for muscle growth... On a pre-comp carb cycling (2 days no carbs 1 day loaded) diet I have gained just on 4kgs (8lbs) of muscle... I can't wait for next week so I can hit the weights with some carbs in me and grow some more!

Thanx everyone for all your advice and support.. you are an awesome group!!:hmn:

Glad to hear you've had a good experience.

RE: adex prescribed - if you're already peri / menopausal, the major contributing factor to your naturally occurring estrogen is the aromatization of the adrenal androgens. You're not using any aromatizing exogenous testosterones so there is no additional contributing factor.

I want to see if musclemilf can take a peek at your experience w/ this. One thing about drawing conclusions about hormone manipulation is that you're still looking at the balance of all 3 of the basic hormones. Adex is a suicide aromatase inhibitor - I don't know that fully suppressing your remaining estrogen is a good thing. Extended use of adex very commonly produces dry and brittle-feeling joints. Adex is one of the prescriptions for post menopausal breast cancer patients. I don't know about non-breast cancer patients and the consequences of its use.

s2h
10-15-2010, 05:41 AM
adex is a great tool...as a selective non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor...a 1mg tab can suppress up to 80% of E2 in studies on female patients...good thing about AI's is most test have been done on women...so there pretty accurate...adex is prescribed to pre-menupausal women w/ some E2 elevation if there is a history of breast cancer in the family...as Sassy stated you dont want to fully suppress your E2...so cycle BW would be very helpfull in gauging your AI needs...

axioma
10-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Good to hear! I guess, be aware of the bitchier moments - even if its not a biggie, just like its no one else's job to deal w/ us when we're getting bitchy on a low carb day, its good to be aware of when you're more likely to get set off and manage it.

Very well said, male or female, it applies.

musclemilf
10-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Interesting. Just reading this winny/armidex combo thing made my joints hurt :)

Are you pre-peri-post menopausal? Have you had your estradiol and progesterone levels tested? Don't you have a thyroid issue that caused depression and tearfulness and you upped your thyroid med and felt way better (sorry, if this wasn't you).

Armidex suppresses estrogen made by the adrenals in post menopausal women. The adrenals become the source of estrogen after menopause. It's apparently useless on estrogen made from the ovaries. This is why it's often prescribed to post menopausal breast cancer patients. So depending on which side of the pre-post menopause fence you're on, Armidex may not be "working" and your mood lift maybe more of a placebo effect (that's not a bad thing either!) The right balance of your primary sex hormones is really what's important to your emotional well being. Trying to manipulate or stamp out what the body is designed to do for the long term is asking for other problems. I understand why it's used for the short term to achieve a goal tho.

Please keep us posted on your upcoming competition and of course your progress with future cycles.

tankygirl
10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
[quote=musclemilf;1196712]Interesting. Just reading this winny/armidex combo thing made my joints hurt :)

Are you pre-peri-post menopausal? Have you had your estradiol and progesterone levels tested? Don't you have a thyroid issue that caused depression and tearfulness and you upped your thyroid med and felt way better (sorry, if this wasn't you).

Hi Musclemilf, I'm Pre-menopausal, or I was when I had my bloods done pre-cycle. Yep I am the one who has no thyroid and takes the meds for it, I dropped the dose back down as the ides from to heay a dose are worse than the dpression/tears.

Even though I have now used winny and A-dex I have a basic dislike of using meds to "adjust" normality anyway, I certainly don't want to be taking unrequired meds just to stop nature getting me lol Although that really is a huge contridiction considering one of the biggest bonus points I have found in doing this cycle is the younger,fresher, and more energy feelings!

s2h
10-15-2010, 09:03 PM
[quote=musclemilf;1196712]Interesting. Just reading this winny/armidex combo thing made my joints hurt :)

Hi Musclemilf, I'm Pre-menopausal, or I was when I had my bloods done pre-cycle. Yep I am the one who has no thyroid and takes the meds for it, I dropped the dose back down as the ides from to heay a dose are worse than the dpression/tears.

Even though I have now used winny and A-dex I have a basic dislike of using meds to "adjust" normality anyway, I certainly don't want to be taking unrequired meds just to stop nature getting me lol Although that really is a huge contridiction considering one of the biggest bonus points I have found in doing this cycle is the younger,fresher, and more energy feelings!i would be curious to know what your E2 levels are w/out the adex..due to the fact that you dont have a functioning thyroid..what meds and doses are you taking for your lack of thyroid function??

tankygirl
10-20-2010, 05:06 AM
[quote=tankygirl;1197399]i would be curious to know what your E2 levels are w/out the adex..due to the fact that you dont have a functioning thyroid..what meds and doses are you taking for your lack of thyroid function??

I take Eutroxsig, 200micrograms of Thyroxine Sodium, 1 x daily. As for the E2 levels, I have the tests done pre-cycle but I'm buggered if zi can tell which one is the E2 results, they say the E2 test was completed but I have no idea what I am looking for :dunno: