PDA

View Full Version : Rx Muscle has shown us that we are all brothers in the iron game

StrongMan.87
02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Think about it.

How many other industries would have this sort of a response if a leading magazine fired two of its editors?? NONE. No one would give a shit about it.

Instead, this site is taking off exponentially day by day; people have cancelled subscriptions, removed their screen names, and refused to visit MD again because we know it is all bullshit.

Bodybuilders/strongmen/weightlifters - bro's in the iron game - really are different..it doesnt matter if you are 150lbs with 18% body fat or 250lbs with 7% bf.. its a community, its a small segment of the population that really dedicates themselves to one goal and respects those who do the same. Yes, we're all fucking freaks in our own way, and when shit happens to good bro's it affects us all.

MD and company refused to take that component seriously. They ignored history. Since the 70's, when Arnold and the greats trained in a tiny gym together everyday, bodybuilding has been a very close-knit sport. Its a community of brothers.

The events of this past week could not have demonstrated this any better - just look at the overwhelming level of support all over the boards for these guys and rx muscle.

Dave and John are good bro's... they are OUR brothers in the iron game, and Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that Dave, John, Rx Muscle, and Species Nutrition have our full respect and support.

robert da strongman
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
its respect.
and it runs both ways with these guys.

-Z-
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Good Post.

Shawn Bellon
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Great post! This could be the beginning of the NEW Golden Days of bodybuilding.

robert da strongman
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
i have seen strongmen help a guy out when the airlines lost his luggage. we all pitched in to give him what he needed to compete against us.

J2jud
02-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Good post, I'm glad that everyone has come together in their support.

Viking
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
i have seen strongmen help a guy out when the airlines lost his luggage. we all pitched in to give him what he needed to compete against us.

Whatever it takes to get bros competing, it's not like sport teams where your brainwashed into hating your competitor. We're all brothers hanging out and throwing heavy weight around.

robert da strongman
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Whatever it takes to get bros competing, it's not like sport teams where your brainwashed into hating your competitor. We're all brothers hanging out and throwing heavy weight around.

exactly. i have more friends from this world than anywhere else.

ROTFLMAO
02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Your message really came across..... Good post

Bigmorgs
02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Great post brother....

knine110
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Awesome words. If/when John starts that 500 word contest again you should definitely submit that.

wittleguy
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I guess its a family thing.

Sandpig
02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Excellent post!

BBuckley
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Great post!!

RudeMuscle
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
awesome post:cool:

Por2gue
02-10-2009, 11:10 PM
i like your style man!

eattrainsleep
02-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Great post.. It's nice to feel at home finally!

New2thegame
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Amen bro!

Triple-H_2005
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Great post!

StrongMan.87
02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
thanks, bro's

MichaelWayne
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Great post.

They've shown how much they care about giving us a good product. Both Dave and John (John a little more LOL) said their side of the story, then squashed it. The other side is still going on and on.....total Britney Spears/Branjolina BS with those guys!
You want serious, this site has it!

John Romano
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Think about it.

How many other industries would have this sort of a response if a leading magazine fired two of its editors?? NONE. No one would give a shit about it.

Instead, this site is taking off exponentially day by day; people have cancelled subscriptions, removed their screen names, and refused to visit MD again because we know it is all bullshit.

Bodybuilders/strongmen/weightlifters - bro's in the iron game - really are different..it doesnt matter if you are 150lbs with 18% body fat or 250lbs with 7% bf.. its a community, its a small segment of the population that really dedicates themselves to one goal and respects those who do the same. Yes, we're all fucking freaks in our own way, and when shit happens to good bro's it affects us all.

MD and company refused to take that component seriously. They ignored history. Since the 70's, when Arnold and the greats trained in a tiny gym together everyday, bodybuilding has been a very close-knit sport. Its a community of brothers.

The events of this past week could not have demonstrated this any better - just look at the overwhelming level of support all over the boards for these guys and rx muscle.

Dave and John are good bro's... they are OUR brothers in the iron game, and Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that Dave, John, Rx Muscle, and Species Nutrition have our full respect and support.

And you have ours!! totally... and our gratitude. Dave and i have always missed the old school gym community. The brotherhood. "hey bro, you need a spot?"

"Yeah, thanks"

It's how we came up. It's what we want to bring here. We are all brothers. I've always said that and i've always meant it. Bodybuilding has been the most consistent thing in my life and the gym has always been the place away from home i feel the most comfortable. Because I am, among brothers. Much respect to you all.

STEELERJ-XL
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I think my estrogen is up...my eyes are all welled up man. Its the prohormones. I love you all. My girl is laughing at me now as I try to explain the brotherhood thing.

GrayBull
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I completely agree, AM.

StrongMan.87
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I think my estrogen is up...my eyes are all welled up man. Its the prohormones. I love you all. My girl is laughing at me now as I try to explain the brotherhood thing.

quick, someone pass this bro a 10ml bottle of Tren! ;)

GrayBull
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM

Haha. Goodluck with that...

Mike Hunt
02-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Great post

msfit
02-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I think we all need some tee-shirts to wear at the Arnold!

STEELERJ-XL
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I joined MD on july 07 1 year after joining AA. I was desperately searching for who I was. I went thru a divorce that same year. I lost my Mom to Cancer the year before ( she was 46 years old ) It was these brothers and sisters that helped me find out who I was. I formed relationships with John and Dave ( THEY DIDNT KNOW IT LOL) Im glad were all here. Tissue plz.

MrDiamondCalves
02-15-2009, 04:56 AM
Its about loyalty for me. What Steve Blecman did to both Dave and John was fucking low!

Canuck_Muscle
02-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Awesome post and great thread. This is what being in the game means for me as well. We are all different and can come from all over the place but what ties us all together is the love of the iron. I for one am glad there is a site like this where us muscleheads can get together and talk about what we love. Isn't the internet grand?:D

YoungytheKing
02-15-2009, 08:23 AM
This is a great thread and one that sums up everything thats right with BB and everything thats wrong....Doesnt matter where your from, what you have or havent got or what language you speak. Its about a common love and passion for BB and helping out those along side you. As someone from the UK who has not long cancelled his expensive subscription to MD. Its great to know that I have these boards to roam with like minded bros. Thankyou Dave and John. Peace!!

Popeye
02-15-2009, 08:36 AM
gr8 post bro...... i myself were overwhelmed by the support given to dave n john... i guess if u r sincere in watever u r doin, its pays alot no matter wat....
"Brothers of Iron, Unite!"
:)

bigdaddyd
02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
You know what gets me the most about this site versus MD's? Almost every time I would post over there, some jackass would slam me or make some kind of comment to make me feel stupid. It made me stop posting there.

HERE? almost every comment I have made has been received well (or not at all. lol), or the question answered straight up no BS. I like that this is a place you can come to talk, chat, help, and get answers without feeling stupid every time you open your mouth. Kudos to the brothers (and women) here who give freely of their time, energy, and knowledge to help others they may have never even met before.

I won't even go there about Dave and John, we all know they rock and are the best!

Ok...enough mushy stuff....I need more Test I think.

Big Al
02-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Today, when everyone seems to stay distant from each other, it's so awesome to have this kind of brotherhood. Like John said: we are all brothers (and sisters), but most people keep forgeting it...except us, muscleheads!

GREENMACHINE23
02-15-2009, 11:14 AM
We are all in this together, brothers and sisters included. Stay true to the brotherhood and the brotherhood will stay true to you. Keep up the good work everyone.

JWolfe
02-15-2009, 11:16 AM
This is the true "Muscle mob" you turn your back to the family and we turn our back to you.

gymrat9929
02-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Great post.

I love being a part of the bodybuilding community. I have met so many people through shows, different gyms, and the internet. I know almost 20 bodybuilders in my small city and I see each of them at least once per month to train and swap ideas. Everybody gets along with everybody and is geniunly interested in how they are progressing.

I think its because we understand each other. Only another bodybuilder knows what its like to be a bodybuilder.

John Romano
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I just want to add something here that I thought of last night remembering my last conversation with Joe Weider. I recently wrote to him and told him how stupid I felt the rivalry was between MD and Weider. I wanted him to know that I wasn't behind the strife that was coming from our side. I wanted him to know that he and I were both bodybuilders at heart and it bothered me that there was bad blood between us. And, I wanted to thank him for all he did for bodybuilding - for us - before he died, not after when everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

Well, about 38 seconds after Joe received my letter he called me up. He thanked me for my words and went on to tell me how he thought I was a great writer and such an asset to the industry and how fortunate Blechman was to have me. But, that was the gratuitous stuff. The important thing he relayed to me was a story about him going to his first big hardcore gym. He said it was full of guys just like him - bodybuilders. He'd never been among so many before and he said he immediately felt like he belonged. He said he felt like he was among brothers. Throughout his entire life he's felt that way - that when he was among bodybuilders he was among brothers.

I reminded him of the few times we had met and we talked and remembered the old days in Venice. It was a conversation I will always remember because before we hung up he wished me well at my job and reminded me that of all the things I had perhaps said in the past that were not flattering to his company or the way things were, he didn't hold it against me. He told me he understood I was just doing my job. He said, "Blechman is not a bodybuilder. He is my my competition. John you are a bodybuilder - you are my brother."

How ironic that is it that now, Joe is still my brother and the guy who used to call me his brother is not? It's obviously it's the iron that binds us.

JYD
02-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Great thread... hopefully RX Muscle will be the first of many great things that can help change the bbing community for the better... we're with your guys!

bigdaddyd
02-15-2009, 01:56 PM
This is the true "Muscle mob" you turn your back to the family and we turn our back to you.

This is the truth man....and this place is proof of this! And being Sicilian, you know I can relate to that comment.

InfinityCrisis6
02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
We Are All Brothers Of Iron.

STEELERJ-XL
02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Man, I just got back from the gym and I wore my i pod for the first time ever there. I always liked being free to engage in greetings from the people there. But today was different, I felt a little more distant and separated from the others there. I will say that I had one of the best WO's. I still removed the ear pc to have fellowship. You never know when you might say that one thing that, that one person needs to hear. Same goes here on this site. "KEEP UP WITH THE FELLOWSHIP".

bigdaddyd
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Fellowship is a great way to put that!

Strikerrjones
02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Man, I just got back from the gym and I wore my i pod for the first time ever there. I always liked being free to engage in greetings from the people there. But today was different, I felt a little more distant and separated from the others there. I will say that I had one of the best WO's. I still removed the ear pc to have fellowship. You never know when you might say that one thing that, that one person needs to hear. Same goes here on this site. "KEEP UP WITH THE FELLOWSHIP".

I never wore an i pod to the gym until one day when some moron hit the repeat song button on the gym cd player. After 20 minutes of listening to "I'm a Barbie Girl" over and over I finally got worked up enough to storm into the management office and teach the retards how to use technology.

But yeah, listening to my own music definitely adds a little something to my workouts. There's nothing like feeling really tired near the end of a set and suddenly hearing The Sickness come on.

madmax
02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
This is just like the old school gym community. all brothers of iron great thread .

Womanthrower
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
This is sounding like the forum equivalent of Manowar, which would be the best thing ever.

J5SL2b4B664