PDA

View Full Version : First show in the books

jscan1
05-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Well not a bad change for a year! On april got back into lifting after about a 20 yr layoff weighing a gross 265.8 lbs. On contest day was 170. I finished dead last in a awesome masters class (was just happy to be standing on stage looking like I was not out of place with this class all were in great shape I finished exactly where I should have) In the Tall open class I finished 2nd (I pretty much was the talest competitor in the contest. Anyway thanks for everyone's support on here. Its funny since starting back to the iron last April I have been on a weightloss diet, I think muscle memory came back pretty easy, but I am really looking forward to getting to a maintenance level and adding some muscle in the gym, Want to really focus on lats, and legs especially hammies and enter a few contests next year

gman
05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Great job, and an incredible transformation

tifflex
05-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Congratulations!:yep:

GirlyMuscle
05-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Wow! You did a greeat job! Congrats!

jscan1
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
thanks guys I was happy with the conditioning and actually competing has me really jacked up to get in the gym and bring up some lagging bodyparts and have enough carbs so I can push it

joedemarco
05-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Great job! Congratulations.

blu2xtreme
05-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Amazing changes !

Keith Allen
05-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Congradulations! Awsome transformation!

D_T
05-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Still a winner!

AVBG
05-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Looked great!

v1hyp
05-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Congrats

Baldiewonkanobi
05-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Great beginning. Bet the future looks exciting now.

Baldie

Neal Grossman
05-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Congratulations. As you said, you did not look out of place next to the other athletes.

Neal

Mac
05-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Amazing transformation. Good job on your 2nd place trophy.

axioma
05-17-2010, 09:05 AM
very motivational...amazing journey that is really just starting from a competitive standpoint...thanks for sharing with us. congratulations.

Hammerfit
05-17-2010, 09:07 AM
You are the winner dude dont need a plastic trophy to tell that awsome job!

bodyhard
05-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Sic transformation dude.

Down4whatever
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Excellent job, Bro. You should be extremely proud!

shankuan
05-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Definitely a winner!! Great transformation!!!

Scoobysnacks
05-17-2010, 01:15 PM
HOLY SHIT, thats what its all about. VERY nice work and dedication.

jscan1
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
HOLY SHIT, thats what its all about. VERY nice work and dedication.

I really appreciate everyones positive comments...Jason I have followed a bunch of your preps and I think my prep philosophies (of course this was all reading between the lines..lol)were pretty in line with a lot of the things you do with your guys, so getting you to comment just made my day. I feel this contest gave me a great opportunity to "learn" my body and know i will have a confidence that I have what it takes to get lean now I just need to concentrate on bringing up weak spots! My training partner is gonna cry....lots of heavy deads and weighted chins in our future!

ray_bcmb
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Awesome job man! At what point, since you started, did you decide to compete? Was it when you hit a certain weight or did you know from the start?

jscan1
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome job man! At what point, since you started, did you decide to compete? Was it when you hit a certain weight or did you know from the start?

When I was 18 to about 22 I was in pretty good BB shape and had always wanted to compete but never could put down the 30 budweisers on the weekends to really get in condition, then Marriage Kids and 20 years slipped by and there I was 42 and fat , so I think there was always a desire to get into "bodybuilding" shape, so once i started back into the gym and the muscle seemed to be coming back I started thinking about it. I kind of am a no half measures type so if I have goals with concrete dates I always do much better. I will say this if you enjoy lifting/bodybuilding , doing a contest will teach you more about your body, and it will test you in ways you cannot imagine but the end result will be completely worth it.

ray_bcmb
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I definitely love training. Getting the nutrition down tight and my bf% within reason seems to be the toughest part. No doubt I want to cross that bridge in the future. I'll be 38 this year and feel the need to do a contest by the time I'm 40. This was something I wanted to do ever since high school. Anyway, you showed that it can be done and done quite well. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your accomplishment! Keep killing it.

Scoobysnacks
05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I really appreciate everyones positive comments...Jason I have followed a bunch of your preps and I think my prep philosophies (of course this was all reading between the lines..lol)were pretty in line with a lot of the things you do with your guys, so getting you to comment just made my day. I feel this contest gave me a great opportunity to "learn" my body and know i will have a confidence that I have what it takes to get lean now I just need to concentrate on bringing up weak spots! My training partner is gonna cry....lots of heavy deads and weighted chins in our future!

Im humbled that you would follow my preps on here. Thanks very much. You did a great job losing a ton of bodyfat. Now stay lean this offseason and add quality and your next prep you will look like a new bodybuilder. Good luck!

jscan1
05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Im humbled that you would follow my preps on here. Thanks very much. You did a great job losing a ton of bodyfat. Now stay lean this offseason and add quality and your next prep you will look like a new bodybuilder. Good luck!

thanks..as I said on another forum I am more focused than ever having been in a calorie deficit for a year I am really excited to be able to eat enough to grow, but I am definetly tracking every crumb so I truely find maintenance level of calories. THe goal is to eat enough to add some muscle but still see the abs. I need to do this so my old man skin tightens up a bit. I plan on going crazy on my legs and back. I don't think I have that aesthetically pleasing of a build so I need to ad a little freak factor in order to compete

GerryT
05-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Outstanding and inspirational. You scored a true victory. Major respect and congrats.

The Thinker
05-19-2010, 11:08 AM
When I was 18 to about 22 I was in pretty good BB shape and had always wanted to compete but never could put down the 30 budweisers on the weekends to really get in condition, then Marriage Kids and 20 years slipped by and there I was 42 and fat , so I think there was always a desire to get into "bodybuilding" shape, so once i started back into the gym and the muscle seemed to be coming back I started thinking about it. I kind of am a no half measures type so if I have goals with concrete dates I always do much better. I will say this if you enjoy lifting/bodybuilding , doing a contest will teach you more about your body, and it will test you in ways you cannot imagine but the end result will be completely worth it.

OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!!! BIG TIME PROPS! It's so easy for this to happen and very few people have the drive make a transformation once they get so out of shape. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

shortstack74
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
That was an amazing transformation bro. Good luck with your future plans.

Jeremy

THEVMAN
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Awesome - Just a fantastic change!! Great job - you can do whatever you set your mind to.

freebirdmac
07-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Holy cow! That's one heck of a transformation. No doubt your muscle gaining journey will be just as impressive!

jscan1
07-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I am now about two months post contest, and have had a really nice post contest rebound strength has been going through the roof, have cut cardio to about 20 minutes a day just to keep it in and keep pretty lean, and until this last week had upped my cals and was maintaning about 185 with abs and a shitload of vascularity....Been on vacation this week currently in FLA and tommorow fly into the heatwave to visit some family in CT. and go to 25th HS reunion. I have pretty much been taking a diet break (yum Pizza and Key Lime) But still managed to get to Golds 4 times this week. Actually am looking forward to getting home getting back to logging cals and eating clean and getting ready for next year