PDA

View Full Version : ~ Londoner Layla makes history!! ~

~Maz~
05-18-2010, 12:02 PM
~ Londoner Layla makes history!! ~

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01046/layla_13_280x390_1046151a.jpg
EL OF A WIN ... WWE Diva Layla

THE World Cup may still be a few weeks away but WWE Diva Layla El has set the bar high for Fabio Capello's squad by becoming the first ever English WWE women's champion.

Following hot on the heels of our victorious cricket team, the 31-year-old, born and raised in London, defeated Beth Phoenix to win the gold on Smackdown.

And she did it in Phoenix's own hometown of Buffalo, New York.

The brunette teamed with fellow Team Lay-Cool stablemate and former champion Michelle McCool in a two-on-one handicap match.

Although she was the underdog going into the bout, El managed to sneak in and take the win while McCool was recuperating outside of the ring.

Despite swapping London for the sunnier climes of Miami some years ago, the ex-dancer's victory is still a big coup for her native England where her family still reside and are no doubt celebrating her victory.

As the new women's champ on the Smackdown brand, El joins the elite ranks of Trish Stratus and The Fabulous Moolah, among others.

She is also the first WWE Diva Search winner to claim the prestigious women's belt, having entered the WWE through the competition in 2006.

The subsequent year's winner, Eve Torres, is the current Divas champion on rival brand Raw.

El is the latest in a line of Brit talents to hold gold in the WWE and TNA, including intercontinental champion Drew McIntyre.

Let's hope Capello's team can measure up to Matt Striker's 'Little English Mufin'" next month.

~ Story from The Sun newspaper, UK!! ~

HammerStrength12
05-18-2010, 12:44 PM
i dont think thatl make most people here too happy

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Short title run for her.

You saw it here first.

fatbackgoal
05-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I think she could be the first person to lose the title at a house show in quite some time.

~gymdiva~
05-19-2010, 12:18 AM
I like Layla b/c she's in her 30s :D take that 19 year olds! :banana:

Green Goblin
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Always had faith in her and glad she was given this chance to really shine.

~gymdiva~
06-02-2010, 08:19 PM
did you see she'll be one of the pros in the next installment of NXT?

Sandpig
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I agree with those that say she won't have the belt for very long.
Hell no!

Wrex
06-07-2010, 01:48 PM
She is hot! Havent seen smackdown in a while, do they take the womens division seriously on that show?

fatbackgoal
06-08-2010, 06:36 AM
She is hot! Havent seen smackdown in a while, do they take the womens division seriously on that show?

It is still part of the WWE so that should tell you how seriously they take the women's division.

Wrex
06-08-2010, 01:39 PM
It is still part of the WWE so that should tell you how seriously they take the women's division.

Yeah but from what I see on Raw, they give them like 2 - 4 minute matches... and most of them are 6 women tags, just to get them all in the ring and have Kelly Kelly prance around. I assume on Smackdown they give them more time, and actually have good matches.