PDA

View Full Version : The Gratitude List

Sistersteel
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
This is our thread of hope and appreciation.

Just tell us what you are grateful for today. Please start your post with "I am grateful/thankful for.."

Today Friday, March 13, 2009

I am grateful for cold feet! That's right. It's chilly and my feet are freezing.
I spent most of my life feeling nothing. Numb in heart and body. I am thankful today for feeling a part of the world around me, and not apart from it anymore.

SS

Sistersteel
03-14-2009, 12:08 AM
I am sure everyone has something to be grateful for. Please do not hesitate to post and share your gratitude. That is the purpose of this thread.

Saturday March 14, 2009

I am grateful for good food! Refeed today! :)

pillowtalk
03-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I am grateful for waking up today....for God giving me another chance.....to better my life and those around me.

Sistersteel
03-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I am grateful for waking up today....for God giving me another chance.....to better my life and those around me.

Thank you Lisa!

Peaceful28
03-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I am grateful for so much today. My loved ones, how they make me smile... Their health and happiness.
I am also grateful for all of the difficult times I had gone through for without those, I wouldnt realize what blessings I have in my life right now.
Foremost in my mind, I am grateful for my boyfriend. He has shown me what a man should be. His heart and character separate him above all others.

powermania
03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
im grateful that I stood up in what I been trying to stand up to for a long time last night at 4am!

DBowden
03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I am grateful/thankful for my children and grandchild.

John Romano
03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm grateful that I straightened out my life, stopped using really bad drugs, and accepted what I am. I'm grateful that long struggle is over and I was able to earn a living being the person I am. I'm grateful for my kids, especially for their good health and their unconditional love. I'm grateful that I was able to save my son from that evil thing that had him surgically removed from her abdomen and the life he and I have made together. Nothing in the world comes close to the feeling I get when those little arms wrap around my neck when he's sleepy and I'm carrying him to bed and he says, "I love you daddy."

Although, lately, I've heard those same words uttered through the lips of an angel..... While the context in which they are spoken is decidedly and appropriately different, the same warmth radiates through my heart. It is something wonderful. It is that person from whom those words escape that I am smitten, and for whom I am eternally grateful.

Sistersteel
03-15-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm grateful that I straightened out my life, stopped using really bad drugs, and accepted what I am. I'm grateful that long struggle is over and I was able to earn a living being the person I am. I'm grateful for my kids, especially for their good health and their unconditional love. I'm grateful that I was able to save my son from that evil thing that had him surgically removed from her abdomen and the life he and I have made together. Nothing in the world comes close to the feeling I get when those little arms wrap around my neck when he's sleepy and I'm carrying him to bed and he says, "I love you daddy."

Although, lately, I've heard those same words uttered through the lips of an angel..... While the context in which they are spoken is decidedly and appropriately different, the same warmth radiates through my heart. It is something wonderful. It is that person from whom those words escape that I am smitten, and for whom I am eternally grateful.

John,
Thank you for setting an example of what true gratitude is all about and reminding us of what is truly precious in this life.

Thank you for reminding us of the things worth living for.

SS

Sistersteel
03-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Sunday March 15, 2009

I am grateful today for the rain and the comfort of my home.

AUXeSIS
03-15-2009, 07:19 AM
I am grateful that my dog squeaked liked mad, got me out of bed and demanded I take him for a walk early this morning...

I had a really good day!

Sistersteel
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I am grateful that my dog squeaked liked mad, got me out of bed and demanded I take him for a walk early this morning...

I had a really good day!

Our furry friends certainly do bring joy into our lives.That was awesome! Thank you :)

bigmikecox
03-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I am grateful for another day of living, the sunshine and frresh ari. Life is good. I'm not rich by any means, but I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach.

Sistersteel
03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Monday March 16, 2009

I am grateful for the gift of forgiveness. I have no resentments in my heart and hold no grudges. I am at peace with myself and the world around me.

Sistersteel
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Wednesday, March 18th 2009

Today I am grateful for the ability to make rational decisions for myself.

Sistersteel
03-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Thursday March 19th, 2009

I am grateful today for the trustworthy people in my life.

Sistersteel
03-22-2009, 01:56 AM
I am sorry I have not felt the need to express my gratitude for a few days. I am going through some trying times, so today...

Sunday, March 22 2009

I am grateful for the people who appreciate me for all the work I do for others. I am always putting other people's needs before my own which is both a blessing and a curse. So today I am thankful for the few people who appreciate my efforts.

Big Sky Guy
03-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Greatful for this little Oasis of Recovery on a BB/PL/SM Forum.

Had a great weekend getting a bunch of things done around the home place in preparation for putting in a pole barn, went to a funeral and honored a good friend who had found a meaningful relationship with Jesus through his time in AA. We didn't see him at meetings anymore, but based on a packed house at his church, he had made a host of friends there.

And to top it off there was a mini-conference in town "Pockets of Enthusiasm" with several good speakers including Dick and Peggy M. We had a great time catching up with friends that traveled in from around the state.

I truly love the life that AA has given me!

razorsedge
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Grateful for being sober today. Grateful for all of the good
people in my life.

thepump
03-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Grateful for bodybuilding - That brought us all together for the same cause. The cure in many cases for the strenth to climb out of the dark and into the iron.

Curt James
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I am grateful for a job I enjoy.

Sistersteel
03-24-2009, 01:14 AM
I am thankful for all you lovely people who have been leaving your grateful sentiments on these pages. Thank you for sharing the love.

Foreman_Rules
03-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Sistersteel, I want to thank you for your positive threads about kicking addictions. As a person who struggles with Alcohol I have to say it is great to see a person posting help and support for all and any addictions out there. Thank you.

Sistersteel
03-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Sistersteel, I want to thank you for your positive threads about kicking addictions. As a person who struggles with Alcohol I have to say it is great to see a person posting help and support for all and any addictions out there. Thank you.

Well its appreciative posts like yours that make it very worth my efforts. Thank you Foreman. Keep coming back brother :wavey:

Respect,

SS

Sistersteel
03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I am grateful today that I make enough money to provide for all my loved ones.

Curt James
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I am grateful today for six-year-olds who approach me and say, "Mr. James, blue rhymes with glue."

:)

Sistersteel
03-26-2009, 02:14 AM
I am grateful today for six-year-olds who approach me and say, "Mr. James, blue rhymes with glue."

Oh My GOD!!!! awwwwwww hahahah! that its too cute! :)

I am grateful today for everyday! Life is good!

SS

Sistersteel
03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Well I am in a royally shitty mood today. I took a huge business loss today, an investment gone really bad, and was not sure how to take it. I was very very disturbed and almost immediately found myself going into "fuck everything" mode. I've been angry and bitchy, and have tried really hard to resist the urge to lock myself up in a dark room for the rest of the day.
I lost 24 grand today. Yes sir. That's enough money to fuckin shoot yourself over. People relapse over far less than that.

So today, on this 26th day of March 2009, God tested my faith and my strength. And as much as I was tempted to do the wrong thing, and with as hard as it was for me to take this blow yet persevere and pull myself out of the mental gutter that I allowed myself to sink into.....

I still stand strong!

Today, I am grateful for the trials and tribulations that life throws my way. It is a reminder for me of how easy it is to slip and how hard it can be to pull through. And I am strong enough to pull through on days like these.

God,
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change
The Courage to Change the things I can
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Amen,

SS

Big Sky Guy
03-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Ouch!

We certainly understand as we watched our investments deteriorate by 25% + the past year.

I am sure it is a bit more raw to loose it all in one day.

Lemons to Lemonade SS.

Sistersteel
03-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Ouch!

We certainly understand as we watched our investments deteriorate by 25% + the past year.

I am sure it is a bit more raw to loose it all in one day.

Lemons to Lemonade SS.

Yes. In one day. One hit and I am out $24,000.

That will not stop the sun from rising tomorrow though and shining down on those who have survived the flood.

Sistersteel
03-28-2009, 02:53 AM
I am grateful today for my coping skills. I am able to keep my cool in very frustrating situations. That is a big thing for me. People and things go flying out windows usually when I am pissed off.

So I am thankful that I did not lose my temper today. Keeping my cool is the hardest thing for me to do!

DECABEATZ
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Lost 24 grand how would u like to have nothing like me! So with that i am grateful just to be able to enjoy hmr tonight!

Sistersteel
03-31-2009, 01:47 AM
I am grateful today that the Good Lord has blessed my injured grandfather and seen him through a successful and safe surgery.

I pray he has a quick recovery.

Amen.

Sistersteel
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I am grateful today for the rehab I am getting on my shoulders. Its very hard to live in constant pain and be drug free.

Just for today!

Sistersteel
04-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I am grateful today for the support of my family. They love me unconditionally and do not condemn me for my shortcomings.

SS

Sistersteel
04-11-2009, 03:26 AM
I am so grateful for home sweet home!

Sistersteel
04-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Today I am grateful for the written word, for Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I am grateful for the resurrection.

Happy Easter!

Big Sky Guy
04-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Indeed! Grateful for one who would lead by Sacrifice and show his true nature through Life!

Sistersteel
04-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Today, I am grateful for new beginnings.

Sistersteel
04-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I am grateful today for my siblings and my fond memories of our childhood.

Sistersteel
04-18-2009, 12:42 AM
I am grateful today for my husband who has been blessed with the patience of Jesus!

Big Sky Guy
04-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Grateful for a couple good brother-in-laws that helped me take down a fence and playin the dirt with a bobcat today! Moved several loads of dirt out to the ranch to fill in potholes.

Sistersteel
04-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Grateful for all you guys who drop by and show some gratitude from time to time :)

Sistersteel
04-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I am grateful today that I can rest up after a long burdensome week.

Curt James
04-26-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm grateful that the entire movie The Net is available on YouTube. :D

jHi-QCURC-g

nmVvKwdU5eI

0kQoX-T2J6Y

Ro-tvuzAUJw

YdMTo3rnrtU

v5pYv8A9_p4

WD_sNvrydLw

0ayocOpZhgE

5gau2DlutI8

wnaQx6gJw7s

JlyXJZAj43Y

GREENMACHINE23
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I am grateful for my children and my wonderful wife who gave them to us.

Sistersteel
04-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I am grateful today for my ability to sever ties with anyone and anything that jeopardizes my sobriety and my mental wellbeing.

buckimscl
04-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I am grateful today for my ability to sever ties with anyone and anything that jeopardizes my sobriety and my mental wellbeing.

I agree Sis. My bro has been c & s for 18 years. It was hell dealing with him when he was drinking. He always tells me, "I won't say I'm never going to drink again but I'm not going to drink today." That always stuck with me.

Sistersteel
04-27-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree Sis. My bro has been c & s for 18 years. It was hell dealing with him when he was drinking. He always tells me, "I won't say I'm never going to drink again but I'm not going to drink today." That always stuck with me.

That the way to do it Bucki. A day at a time baby!

buckimscl
04-27-2009, 11:09 PM
I have every textbook type of alcoholism there is in my family and it has been a struggle to say the least. I used to joke that my family puts the fun in dysfunctional.

Sistersteel
04-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I have every textbook type of alcoholism there is in my family and it has been a struggle to say the least. I used to joke that my family puts the fun in dysfunctional.

Don't let me get started on my family...

buckimscl
04-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Don't let me get started on my family...

I know what you mean. I don't have the time to tell everything about my clan and I don't think, nah, I know that no one wants to listen to all of that junk!

Sistersteel
04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey. I'd always listen :)

buckimscl
04-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey. I'd always listen :)

I know you would. Too bad you're married :D

Sistersteel
04-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I know you would. Too bad you're married :D

You're not?

buckimscl
04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
You're not?

I am. Just joking sugar.......a little.

Sistersteel
04-28-2009, 12:19 AM
I am. Just joking sugar.......a little.

lol
bucki you crack me up :)

buckimscl
04-28-2009, 12:20 AM
lol
bucki you crack me up :)

Hey, that's what I'm here for.

Sistersteel
04-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey, that's what I'm here for.

Well thank God for you bucki. I been hearing crickets around these forums lately.

buckimscl
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
I noticed they looked a little dead. The prob with discussing some of the issues/threads you have is the idiots who start flaming people on these boards who are genuinely pouring their hearts out and being honest. When you get slammed a few times typically you avoid these type of things.

Sistersteel
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I noticed they looked a little dead. The prob with discussing some of the issues/threads you have is the idiots who start flaming people on these boards who are genuinely pouring their hearts out and being honest. When you get slammed a few times typically you avoid these type of things.

Flamers get their asses suspended indefinitely in this forum.

buckimscl
04-28-2009, 01:07 AM
That's what I'm talking about! Sis kickin' ass and taking names.

Sistersteel
04-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I am grateful for my good training days. They are few and far between but I love the sense of accomplishment I get from a good workout once in a while. Wish everyday was a good day, but I take what I can get and am thankful for it.

Suzy Brown
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Its often the most casual things that make my day, like good weather, a shower or a nice cold bottle of water.
I'm really enjoying this bottle of water...

Sistersteel
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Its often the most casual things that make my day, like good weather, a shower or a nice cold bottle of water.
I'm really enjoying this bottle of water...

Suave Swan, that is indeed very true. Thank you for reminding us to cherish the small things we tend to take for granted.

SS

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I am grateful for the chance I have everyday to improve.

Sometimes, I feel a bit down about how my progress is coming along with my physique... but then I have to stop and think about where I once was ('was' being the key word), seeing where I am now, and that just makes me remember that the time will come when I will be better than where I am now. Each day (for the most part) is a chance, and a change, and I like that. :)

Suzy Brown
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Gooder there GX! Its so important to remember that there is always the potential for further improvements...

And that leads on to the thought that if I can change my body, I can change my mind. If I can change from being physically weak & frail, I change from being mentally & spiritually weak as well.

Sistersteel
04-29-2009, 12:53 PM
GX and Suave Swan..where have you people been hiding all these pearls of wisdom!
I cannot tell you how happy I am that you've both dropped by and left such inspirational, thought provoking thoughts on the gratitude list.

I am grateful today for the people I meet who leave lasting impressions on me with their kind words. I love seeing the beautiful things in people.

Big Sky Guy
04-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Despite the chaos of getting ready for a 10-day trip while undertaking home and yard renovations, watching the kids' play soccer and participate in youth choir and church, and the MT Photographers Association Annual Meeting this past weekend ... we are leaving with happy hearts tomorrow!

Wife's Art Club is set up with guided tours of Venice, Florence and Siena, then the French Riv and Paris! 10-days round trip with a ton of teenagers!

20 years ago I was living in a way that would end in prison, today we get to travel the world!

Greatful for Freedom- emotionally,mentally and physically.

Sistersteel
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Despite the chaos of getting ready for a 10-day trip while undertaking home and yard renovations, watching the kids' play soccer and participate in youth choir and church, and the MT Photographers Association Annual Meeting this past weekend ... we are leaving with happy hearts tomorrow!

Wife's Art Club is set up with guided tours of Venice, Florence and Siena, then the French Riv and Paris! 10-days round trip with a ton of teenagers!

20 years ago I was living in a way that would end in prison, today we get to travel the world!

Greatful for Freedom- emotionally,mentally and physically.

AMEN BROTHER!

Enjoy yourself.

Sistersteel
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I lost my grandfather today. He died this morning.

I saw him a couple of months ago and hadn't seen him for 5 years before that. Its hard when you live continents away from your family. He looked like age had crept up on him quite a bit in the recent years, though he was still fun to talk to and hang around.

He used to make me smoked ham and salmon when I was a little girl. Had his own smoke room which kept him occupied after he retired many years ago. I missed him after I moved to the US.

I had not been home in so long, I just wanted to hang out with my friends. He called me all hours of the day and night asking me to come home to spend time with him...and I didn't. He kept saying:"I don't know how much longer I will be around, come home so that I can spend time with you." I would brush him off by telling him he wasn't going anywhere and should not say things like that.

I did not make a single attempt to come home early on any of those nights and when I did get home at the wee hours of the morning,he was already fast asleep...

I left and came back to the States, he fell ill shortly after that and was bed ridden for 5 weeks. I've reminisced over our conversations all week as he lay on his deathbed, too far away from me now to reach out to him and sit by his side.

He died this morning on his birthday.

My selfishness kept me from realizing the importance of the opportunity I had to spend time with him again. I just did not want to think it would be the last time and got too occupied with old friends and wanting to show my husband around my country...

I had to pick my mother up in my arms, as she lay on the floor, tiny, frail and helpless in a state of utter anguish. I held her for a while as she quivered and cried at not having had the chance to say goodbye to her father.

Yet, I did, and did not make the best of it.

I am grateful today for the good years I spent with my grandfather, for the kind, affectionate and generous man he was, for giving me a beautiful mother who has cared for and nurtured three children on her own all these years, for all the fond memories I have of him...

Allah yerhamak ya jiddo, may you rest in peace..

SS

Suzy Brown
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry.

Sistersteel
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
:cry:

buckimscl
05-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Sis, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. It is so sad to lose someone who means so much and to lose them before we are ready because we think we'll always have them around. We are never ready to lose a loved one and I hope you have a good support group around you to lean on. We are here for you Sis.

Sistersteel
05-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Sis, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. It is so sad to lose someone who means so much and to lose them before we are ready because we think we'll always have them around. We are never ready to lose a loved one and I hope you have a good support group around you to lean on. We are here for you Sis.

Thank you for the condolences bucki. You are a good man. I appreciate the kind words.

buckimscl
05-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the condolences bucki. You are a good man. I appreciate the kind words.

Thanks we around these parts need to be here and support one another when we can. If there's anything I can do let me know.

Curt James
05-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I am grateful it is FRIDAY! Thankful for my art students always, but a 48-hour recharge does EVERYONE some good! :)

Curt James
05-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I am grateful today for the good years I spent with my grandfather, for the kind, affectionate and generous man he was, for giving me a beautiful mother who has cared for and nurtured three children on her own all these years, for all the fond memories I have of him...

What a wonderful tribute to your grandfather! :beerbang:

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 02:24 AM
I am thankful that today was far more bearable on my mother. The funeral is tomorrow.
I pray that she finds inner peace and the courage to bare this terrible tragedy. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Klaus Urine
05-03-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm glad for the beauty in this so often ugly and always bizarre world.

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 03:15 AM
I'm glad for the beauty in this so often ugly and always bizarre world.

Thanks for dropping by the List Klaus!

Klaus Urine
05-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for dropping by the List Klaus!My pleasure. Sorry to hear about your granddad.

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 05:19 PM
My pleasure. Sorry to hear about your granddad.

The funeral was today :(
I still can't believe he's gone. I am afraid I might be in denial and it will hit me all at once. Someone has to be strong for everyone else I guess. This is the ugliness in the world that you spoke of.

Thank you for the condolences. I hope you honor me again with your presence in these forums.

Today I am thankful that my granddad is at peace.

SS

Sledge
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your granddad passing. It's best to grieve when the time is right for you and in your own way.

Sledge
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm grateful for the chance of new beginnings.

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm grateful for the chance of new beginnings.

Thanks for dropping by Sledge. It really means a lot to me that you would stop by the Gratitude List. When life gets the best of me, this is the thread I like to read as a reminder of all the things I should be grateful for.

Thank you for the condolences. My mother was worried about how I was taking the loss because she had not seen me grieving. I assured her I was grieving, in my own way on my own time. Mothers...always worried about you even when they the ones in a world of pain. I am grateful for my mother every day.

I hope you would drop by more often and leave some thoughts on these pages. There is always someone reading ...and appreciating.

SS

Angela123
05-04-2009, 01:02 AM
I am grateful for my parents...all the time..but especially throughout the last 6 months...which has been rough. Their patience, support and never-ending love.

Sistersteel
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I am grateful to see my mother smiling today. She had it rough yesterday but Jesus is working his miracles by the minute and easing her pain. I also heard that my grandma is going to be coming to the US to spend some time with us now that grandpa is gone. I love my grandma and it would be lovely to see her again.

SS

Angela123
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
I am grateful for each new day to start over...in regards to my damn diet. I can't seem to stay on track lately. And I am VERY grateful that I no longer go into a depression or funk when I do mess up on my diet. How nice that is. Small steps.:)

Sistersteel
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
That is great Ondrea! baby steps!

I am grateful today for the 10 hours of sleep I got. I had no idea I was that tired and spent.

Sistersteel
05-09-2009, 02:54 AM
I am grateful for this weekend when I get to spend quality time with the two most important people in my life: My Mother and my Husband. My wedding anniversary and mother's day are a day apart.

Thank you Lord for these Guardian Angels in my life.

SS

Sistersteel
05-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Today, I am ever so grateful for my lovely mother. She is the kindest and most loving woman on earth. I thank the Lord for her every day.

God bless all mothers on this happy mother's day!

fitbody
05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
some of you may or may not know my thread "Q & A with Canadian Dawn Alison"
in the "Womens BB, Figure,Fitness, Bikini" section of this forum
anyways i do what i call "pt of the day" (pt = personal training)
which is daily motivation
todays was very relevent to NA & this thread
here goes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10th, 2009
pt of the day

WE CANNOT SWING UP A ROPE
THAT IS ATTACHED ONLY TO OUR OWN BELT !
:grouphug:

Sometimes you might be too proud to ask for help
for something that's bothering you,
whether it's your not leaning out, your relationship with your partner, or a difficult project at work.
There are many reasons why you might isolate yourself:
maybe you were raised to be independent, or perhaps you're afraid to allow others to see your vulnerability
or maybe you're just frightened of the possibility of failure

Being successful requires support.
Most things in life are easier when you have the support of people around you.
When you're down, they can hold you up.
When you're low on motivation, they can encourage you.

I was criticized my some of my friends & questioned by aquaintances
about why i myself hired a trainer when i WAS a trainer.
and the answer is simple
cuz i know the value of support & guidance
as a recovering drug addict i know that somethings i cannot do alone
(I owe my recovery from drug addiction in 1996 to NA ~ Narcotics Anonymous)

I am truely grateful that I have a great coach: Dave Palumbo ! :bowdown:
and i can't say enough great things about this great man

happy training
dawn

fitbody
05-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I am grateful for friends who stand by me
through the ups & downs of life
My truest friends are those
who know everything about me
but love me just the same

I am grateful for the sun shining today, for my beautiful son "Storm", for my friends & family, for a good job (I have the greatest job on the planet as a personal trainer & coach), for my health & happiness, for the GREATEST COACH ON THE PLANET: DAVE PALUMBO, for living in one of the greatest places on the earth Beautiful British Columbia, CANADA, for my animals, Honey our cat, Jack our horse, our fish, for my house & my car, and of course for NA and all my support group for my recovery... I could go on and on, but i'm sure you're like alright already...

this whole point is...
i'm grateful for absolutely everything in my life
because everything i've been through
has made me who i am
and i wouldn't wanna be anyone else or any different
my life today is freakin incredible
and its all because of gettin clean in 1996
and staying clean
the only reason it got and stayed clean was NA
early recovery i pounded it 3 - 4 meetings / day for first yr
after a yr i could work... before that is was medically declared
"Chemically Dependent" and on medical employment insurance
when i went back to work i still did a am & pm meeting for a few yrs
the bottom line is i've assimilated the program into my life
i have the tools and the support
and i know that

one is too many and a thousands never enough

end of story
Dawn
ps: anyone that wants to talk to me about this at anytime is more than welcome...

Sistersteel
05-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I am grateful for friends who stand by me
through the ups & downs of life
My truest friends are those
who know everything about me
but love me just the same

I am grateful for the sun shining today, for my beautiful son "Storm", for my friends & family, for a good job (I have the greatest job on the planet as a personal trainer & coach), for my health & happiness, for the GREATEST COACH ON THE PLANET: DAVE PALUMBO, for living in one of the greatest places on the earth Beautiful British Columbia, CANADA, for my animals, Honey our cat, Jack our horse, our fish, for my house & my car, and of course for NA and all my support group for my recovery... I could go on and on, but i'm sure you're like alright already...

this whole point is...
i'm grateful for absolutely everything in my life
because everything i've been through
has made me who i am
and i wouldn't wanna be anyone else or any different
my life today is freakin incredible
and its all because of gettin clean in 1996
and staying clean
the only reason it got and stayed clean was NA
early recovery i pounded it 3 - 4 meetings / day for first yr
after a yr i could work... before that is was medically declared
"Chemically Dependent" and on medical employment insurance
when i went back to work i still did a am & pm meeting for a few yrs
the bottom line is i've assimilated the program into my life
i have the tools and the support
and i know that

end of story
Dawn
ps: anyone that wants to talk to me about this at anytime is more than welcome...

AMEN Sister! Thank you for brightening up the gratitude list with your sharing today!

Happy Mother's day!

SS

Sistersteel
05-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Today was my Wedding Anniversary! I am grateful for my husband and the kind, supportive and loving man that he is.

SS

Curt James
05-12-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm grateful for laughter.

Curt James
05-12-2009, 01:55 AM
And for dogsitting!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/puppyxar.jpg

Sistersteel
05-12-2009, 02:02 AM
And for dogsitting!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/puppyxar.jpg

awwwww :love:

Sistersteel
05-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I am grateful for the new addition to our family. I hope she grows up to be a happy and healthy pup.

Big Sky Guy
05-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Cute little gal!

Sistersteel
05-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Cute little gal!

How you been buddy?? How was your trip?? Did you not say you were gone somewhere?

Big Sky Guy
05-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Took the wife's Art Club to Italy and France. 41 girls and 4 guys touring Venice, Florence, Sienna, Nice, Paris and Versailles...a history lesson extrordinaire!

Learned a ton about European culture. A very eye opening experience in terms of thousands of years of history right in front of us.

Will get some pics up in the near future.

Sistersteel
05-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Will be looking for them :)

Sistersteel
05-21-2009, 11:14 AM
I am feeling rather blue today..I was doing fine until I came across a song I had not heard since I moved to the US ten years ago. It brought back memories and emotions that reminded me of the painful burden of growing up in a broken home and the loneliness I felt as a child. I cried my eyes out and am still crying as I make this post as I express a heartfelt gratitude for the way my life turned out, despite it all...

I wish you could appreciate this the way I can..I wish everyone could feel such depth of sentiment. Really reminded me that I still hurt though I have grown into a strong woman capable of handling just about anything.

I am grateful for me today.

YouTube - Lara Fabian - Je suis Malade

SS

Sistersteel
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Its during times like these when my morbid state of mind makes me feel ungrateful, that I find my way to the gratitude list to remind me why I am here today.

Me, myself and I have had it rough lately. Tomorrow I embark on a journey with friends and my heart cannot find contentment in their company. However, I am grateful for this opportunity to get away for a few days.

I will pray for enlightenment, serenity and peace tonight.

I am grateful for the power of prayer and for Jesus watching over me in times of distress.

SS

Sistersteel
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I am busy this weekend but had to make some time to drop by the gratitude list and share this very special day with everyone. I am grateful for 5 years clean and sober on this day.

SS

Klaus Urine
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Clean and sober from what?

Big Sky Guy
06-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Congrats SS!

Sistersteel
06-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Today, I am grateful for the all my wonderful brothers and sisters In recovery. Thank you for walking this road of retribution with me a day at a time!

SS

Sistersteel
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I am grateful today for my uncanny ability to achieve just about anything i set my mind to. I am thankful for that blessing.

SS

Alex England
07-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Last night I had a really real dream I was using again. I woke up in a sweat having a panic attack. I am grateful it was only a nightmare, and that yesturday I didn't drink or use any drugs.

Sistersteel
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Last night I had a really real dream I was using again. I woke up in a sweat having a panic attack. I am grateful it was only a nightmare, and that yesturday I didn't drink or use any drugs.

Alex,
Thank you for dropping by and sharing, mate. Looking forward to seeing you around NA more often! A day aT a time buddy!

Respect,

SS

Klaus Urine
07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I woke up in a sweat having a panic attack.That's a fun feeling, huh. :(

Sistersteel
07-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Sometimes life startles us by throwing things our way that disrupt the sanctity of our sobriety...and that sends us on an emotional roller coaster, stirring buried feelings and testing our faith. In sobriety, I have learned to welcome these obstacles. They keep me in check and reaffirm my belief in myself strengthening my conviction of the what is truly important in my life and the things that really matter.

I am grateful for these obstacles today.

SS

billsfan
07-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm grateful today that I'm alive (probably shouldn't be) Grateful to have sanity back in my life. Thanks for letting me share.

Sistersteel
07-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm grateful today that I'm alive (probably shouldn't be) Grateful to have sanity back in my life. Thanks for letting me share.

Thank you for sharing billsfan. Keep coming back! :wavey:

Shawn Bellon
07-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Very grateful for my wife and health and friends and family. Last Saturday I met my father for the first time EVER! It was weird...but felt good. I have felt so disconnected in life but since this move etc I really see things differently. I am very blessed. I just need to shut the hell up and notice sometimes.

Sistersteel
07-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Very grateful for my wife and health and friends and family. Last Saturday I met my father for the first time EVER! It was weird...but felt good. I have felt so disconnected in life but since this move etc I really see things differently. I am very blessed. I just need to shut the hell up and notice sometimes.

Welcome to the safe haven of NA, brother Future. You met your father for the first time and that experience turned your life around. I went through my entire life with my father feeling rather disconnected, until I walked away from him and My life turned around...and for the both of us the change was for the better. How ironic is it that we should both find each other in these rooms?

Life.

Keep coming back brother and welcome to RX.

Respect,

SS

Alex England
07-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Alex,
Thank you for dropping by and sharing, mate. Looking forward to seeing you around NA more often! A day aT a time buddy!

Respect,

SS

Shawn Bellon
07-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the safe haven of NA, brother Future. You met your father for the first time and that experience turned your life around. I went through my entire life with my father feeling rather disconnected, until I walked away from him and My life turned around...and for the both of us the change was for the better. How ironic is it that we should both find each other in these rooms?

Life.

Keep coming back brother and welcome to RX.

Respect,

SS

I can relate as I have no relationship with my mother. My dad its great to finally meet him BUT I am just seeing what happens. Hes a virtual stranger so its not something I really was missing outright...more by principle and expectation.

Thanks for the welcomes. And I havent had a drink for several months. Feels great.

Sistersteel
07-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I can relate as I have no relationship with my mother. My dad its great to finally meet him BUT I am just seeing what happens. Hes a virtual stranger so its not something I really was missing outright...more by principle and expectation.

Thanks for the welcomes. And I havent had a drink for several months. Feels great.

It only gets better :beerbang:
A day at a time!!

Shawn Bellon
07-23-2009, 05:10 PM
But I love coffee. ;)

Sistersteel
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
But I love coffee. ;)

hehehe I am guilty of loving a few sinful pleasures myself ;)

Alex England
07-24-2009, 02:53 AM
I am grateful that despite the health problems I have had recently all my compound lifts are slowly creeping up to be comparable to when I was jucing. Gives me alot of satisfaction.:)

Sistersteel
07-24-2009, 03:30 AM
I am grateful that despite the health problems I have had recently all my compound lifts are slowly creeping up to be comparable to when I was jucing. Gives me alot of satisfaction.:)

wow! That certainly is something to be very grateful for! :wavey:

Shawn Bellon
07-24-2009, 08:58 AM

SWEET! Keep it up bro.

Alex England
07-26-2009, 08:18 AM
I started off the day badly. I felt overwhelmed by a crushing sense of saddness and loss. I am grateful that I didn't have a drink to 'take the edge off', even though if I honest, for a while I was tempted.
And I am grateful that the feeling has started to lift a little.
And I am grateful that Columbo is on TV this afternoon as it was my dad's favorite show having it on makes me feel a little like he is there.

buckimscl
07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I started off the day badly. I felt overwhelmed by a crushing sense of saddness and loss. I am grateful that I didn't have a drink to 'take the edge off', even though if I honest, for a while I was tempted.
And I am grateful that Columbo is on TV this afternoon as it was my dad's favorite show having it on makes me feel a little like he is there.

AE, it is amazing how those small things can reaffirm or make a difference in a day that starts out so badly. I am glad the feeling is lifting for you.

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 11:39 AM

How long ago did you lose your dad Alex? (HAULT) Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired are the triggers for any addict. I am sorry for your loss. It seems you and your dad were close. Grief and betrayal are the biggest triggers for me. So I can only imagine how hard it must be to be trying to keep it together while in a state of grief. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just take it a day at a time buddy. And remember, a drink is not going to fill that emptiness you are feeling and only make you feel worse rather than aleviate your discomfort. You are stronger and in less misery without it.

Keep coming back and thank you for sharing.

I am grateful today for Sundays, this is the day of the Lord and I should be getting to church. If I do not make it, I will give thanks anyway and ask for forgiveness.

SS

Alex England
07-26-2009, 12:09 PM
How long ago did you lose your dad Alex? (HAULT) Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired are the triggers for any addict. I am sorry for your loss. It seems you and your dad were close. Grief and betrayal are the biggest triggers for me. So I can only imagine how hard it must be to be trying to keep it together while in a state of grief. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just take it a day at a time buddy. And remember, a drink is not going to fill that emptiness you are feeling and only make you feel worse rather than aleviate your discomfort. You are stronger and in less misery without it.

Keep coming back and thank you for sharing.

I am grateful today for Sundays, this is the day of the Lord and I should be getting to church. If I do not make it, I will give thanks anyway and ask for forgiveness.

SS

Oct 10th last year. He died on my birthday so its an easy date to remember. We were very close, he was the only person in my life who truely believed I had the potential to be more than a screw-up. I would have never gone to university or started writing without the confidence his unwavoring belief in me gave me.

After that things got a bit fucked up. I am well aware the anger and loneliness I feel now are a direct result of decisions I made when I was drunk/high. I definatly have a problem with anger, directed at myself, at others. I threw my last relationship away, burnt bridges with most everyone I know, generally cut myself off. By the time I regreted it it was to late to turn back the clock.

But now I am sober, that is something to be grateful for, and they say the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

BrotherIron
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I am grateful that God brought SS into my life.

I am grateful for everything she does and what she has helped me become, which is a better person.

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I am grateful that God brought SS into my life.

I am grateful for everything she does and what she has helped me become, which is a better person.

And I am grateful God sent me an angel like you to always watch over me.
Your love defines the sole purpose of my existence. You are the biggest blessing in my life and a better man than I ever thought I deserved.

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Oct 10th last year. He died on my birthday so its an easy date to remember. We were very close, he was the only person in my life who truely believed I had the potential to be more than a screw-up. I would have never gone to university or started writing without the confidence his unwavoring belief in me gave me.

After that things got a bit fucked up. I am well aware the anger and loneliness I feel now are a direct result of decisions I made when I was drunk/high. I definatly have a problem with anger, directed at myself, at others. I threw my last relationship away, burnt bridges with most everyone I know, generally cut myself off. By the time I regreted it it was to late to turn back the clock.

But now I am sober, that is something to be grateful for, and they say the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

And that is very true indeed. Have you ever worked the steps? The anger, resentment and guilt you are feelings are very normal sentiments for a recovering addict. The program teaches you how to develop coping skills to deal with these emotions. I gather you have never attended an AA meeting or support group of some sorts??

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. With such a solid support system though, what do you feel was the reason you started using in the first place, and how did your father feel about your drug and alcohol use?

LainaJ
07-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I am grateful for my six year old boy who had an incredicble rough entrance into this world and has been kicking serious ass ever since.. He is healthy and beautiful and mine.. I can ask for nothing more in this life!!! I LOVE HIM DEARLY

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I am grateful for my six year old boy who had an incredicble rough entrance into this world and has been kicking serious ass ever since.. He is healthy and beautiful and mine.. I can ask for nothing more in this life!!! I LOVE HIM DEARLY

And may God bless you and your family and watch over you always, LainaJ. Thank you VERY much for sharing! :)

Alex England
07-27-2009, 02:57 AM
And that is very true indeed. Have you ever worked the steps? The anger, resentment and guilt you are feelings are very normal sentiments for a recovering addict. The program teaches you how to develop coping skills to deal with these emotions. I gather you have never attended an AA meeting or support group of some sorts??

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. With such a solid support system though, what do you feel was the reason you started using in the first place, and how did your father feel about your drug and alcohol use?

I attended NA meetings in the '90's. Didn't workout for me that time. Then I got clean from heroin and crack, methdaone ect, and thought that I could continue to drink and smoke weed, and use steroids. Carried on smoking and drinking without releapsing onto class a's for almost another eight years. I didn't even think I had a problem really. Then I quit drinking as well, but was still smoking all the time. Then I fucked up everything at the start of this year and hit a point of total dispair. Came so close to killing myself. So close.
Then I swore I would never get in that state again. I can't go through it all again. The sense of loss still haunts me. If I had had the sense to just fucking stop everything last year my life would be so diferent now.

I didn't really have a support system when I was younger. I hated school and started drinking before I went in from the age of 13 and left home when I was 16. I lived in a squat in London with a punk band I played in, we were all shooting up speed before we were 17, booze, pills.
I hid alot of stuff from my dad. Then he got alshiemers and to stop him having to go into a home I stepped up to the plate and cared for him. I knew, as I would have to handle his money, I had to get off heroin and crack. So I did. But I still drank. I used to get up at 6:30am just to drink half a bottle of vodka before I had to me at university a 9:00 and I still got a 1st. My dad knew I drank to much but he used to be a fleet street journalist so he was used to seeing that, and the fact I had gone back to uni and was doing well there covered the extent of my problem.

I have both NA books which I read everyday, plus alot of other books as well. I am well aware that recovery for me is something that I need to work at. I am also working the 12 steps. I am doing OK, I feel strong. I just feel overwhealmed with emotion, anger, sadness ect.

I think the fact I am moving to LA tomorrow, and I don't know anyone out there and have never been there before, is adding to my stress levels.

Alex England
07-27-2009, 03:47 AM
I have done it again. I have just had almost the exact same converstion with the same person that acted as a trigger for the negative emotions that made my day yesturday so black. I am an idiot.
I have read alot about stopping negative thought patterns but nothing seems to work for me right now. Once something upsets me it is there in my head, going round and round, all day, driving me crazy like someone is shouting at me. Fucking bollocks.

I am grateful for the fact I have my last workout with my mates this afternoon as that will get me away from myself for a few hours.

Klaus Urine
07-27-2009, 03:56 AM
I have done it again. I have just had almost the exact same converstion with the same person that acted as a trigger for the negative emotions that made my day yesturday so black. I am an idiot.
I have read alot about stopping negative thought patterns but nothing seems to work for me right now. Once something upsets me it is there in my head, going round and round, all day, driving me crazy like someone is shouting at me. Fucking bollocks.Fuck, mate, when you learn how to stop that shit, tell me the method; I do the exact same thing. It's a path to absolutely fucking nowhere, but I torture myself into a black hole.

It's one of those funny moments; you posted something that was on my mind right this minute.

Alex England
07-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I feel better now:) I finally have my flat sorted out. 15 minutes walk from golds gym and real close to the beach. It has been raining here all day, to match my mood I think lol. So I am grateful that tomorrow I am flying off to the LA sunshine.

Shawn Bellon
07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Having a great cup of coffee and relaxing this morning. :) Simple but feels good. Worked alot this past week so just a few hours is so nice.

Big Sky Guy
07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Grateful you guys and gals are finding a safe place to share what is up, or down, for the day.

We're kicking along one day at a time here!

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I attended NA meetings in the '90's. Didn't workout for me that time. Then I got clean from heroin and crack, methdaone ect, and thought that I could continue to drink and smoke weed, and use steroids. Carried on smoking and drinking without releapsing onto class a's for almost another eight years. I didn't even think I had a problem really. Then I quit drinking as well, but was still smoking all the time. Then I fucked up everything at the start of this year and hit a point of total dispair. Came so close to killing myself. So close.
Then I swore I would never get in that state again. I can't go through it all again. The sense of loss still haunts me. If I had had the sense to just fucking stop everything last year my life would be so diferent now.

I didn't really have a support system when I was younger. I hated school and started drinking before I went in from the age of 13 and left home when I was 16. I lived in a squat in London with a punk band I played in, we were all shooting up speed before we were 17, booze, pills.
I hid alot of stuff from my dad. Then he got alshiemers and to stop him having to go into a home I stepped up to the plate and cared for him. I knew, as I would have to handle his money, I had to get off heroin and crack. So I did. But I still drank. I used to get up at 6:30am just to drink half a bottle of vodka before I had to me at university a 9:00 and I still got a 1st. My dad knew I drank to much but he used to be a fleet street journalist so he was used to seeing that, and the fact I had gone back to uni and was doing well there covered the extent of my problem.

I have both NA books which I read everyday, plus alot of other books as well. I am well aware that recovery for me is something that I need to work at. I am also working the 12 steps. I am doing OK, I feel strong. I just feel overwhealmed with emotion, anger, sadness ect.

I think the fact I am moving to LA tomorrow, and I don't know anyone out there and have never been there before, is adding to my stress levels.

You are a good good man Alex. You've done far more good to others than you have done damage to yourself and I KNOW your father is proud to have you as a son. So do not despair, my friend, for the good Lord sees it all and will watch over you. You moving to the USA is probably the best thing that ever happened to you. Nothing like new beginnings and a clean slate...and of course, a good support system which you have in each and every one of us. Once you get to LA, drop me a line and I will help you find a meeting and support group in your area.

Much love,

SS

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I have read alot about stopping negative thought patterns but nothing seems to work for me right now. Once something upsets me it is there in my head, going round and round, all day, driving me crazy like someone is shouting at me. Fucking bollocks.

I am grateful for the fact I have my last workout with my mates this afternoon as that will get me away from myself for a few hours.

We do that sometimes. I subject myself to bothersome situations quite frequently. It is unfortunate but, like you, I work in an unsuitable environment. We do what we can when we can. I hope you ha d agood workout. That is the best stress reliever for me.

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I feel better now:) I finally have my flat sorted out. 15 minutes walk from golds gym and real close to the beach. It has been raining here all day, to match my mood I think lol. So I am grateful that tomorrow I am flying off to the LA sunshine.

You are probably airborne as I leave you these thoughts. Embrace this new beginning Alex! I am very optimistic about the things this change will bring you. I thought of this song by Garbage when I read your post..believe me I know a thing or two about gloomy days and morbid thoughts...

YouTube - Garbage. I'm only happy when it rains.

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Grateful you guys and gals are finding a safe place to share what is up, or down, for the day.

We're kicking along one day at a time here!

Hell to the yeah :beerbang:

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 11:27 PM
More than anything, I am grateful today for all of you here with me. I have been waiting patiently for all of you to show up and keep me company. Thank you for being here and sharing in this journey.

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Gorgeous sunshine this morning and a great cup of coffee while listeing to Soundscapes on Comcast.

Alex England
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
I am grateful I have arrived in LA and don't have to get back on another plane for a long time. That was quite a journey.:)

Klaus Urine
07-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Gorgeous sunshine this morning and a great cup of coffee while listeing to Soundscapes on Comcast.Coffee is a profound daily pleasure for me.

I am grateful I have arrived in LA and don't have to get back on another plane for a long time. That was quite a journey.:)Try going from NZ to Europe. :(

Sistersteel
07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I am grateful that I will be getting on a plane Friday morning and heading back to Atlanta. I am just overwhelmed with anticipation. I only been in NYC for a few days and am homesick already. I am such a home body.

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
HERES TO HOMEBODIES :)

I am the same way. I love my routine and comfort zone. That can be such a strength to thrive or a debilitating attitude of apathy.

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm really blessed to been able to be her grandfather for 10 months. I miss her.

Big Sky Guy
07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Understand why you miss her!

Alex England
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm really blessed to been able to be her grandfather for 10 months. I miss her.

You are a lucky guy future:)

Shawn Bellon
07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I still have Adeiah, Little Bug. :)

Alex England
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
I still have Adeiah, Little Bug. :)

Great photo. You have been blessed mate.

Shawn Bellon
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks man! Did you move yet?

Alex England
07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks man! Did you move yet?

No, still in the Westin Bonaventure downtown in LA. Move into my place in Venice on saturday. This is the view I am looking at right now.:)

Shawn Bellon
07-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Wow. Nice view man.

Alex England
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
I am grateful for sunshine, swimming pools and nothing to do all day:p

Alex England
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I am very grateful for all the cool people I've met who have helped me settle in.

exit2010
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I am grateful for the guys:
Vboissiere for listening and being supportive.
Dan Rek / Andrew Koutnik for dating advice. lol
Curt James for making me laugh in his messages.

I am grateful for the girls:

Allifit for being my confidant, friend, strength, and e-companion.
Sister Steel for the chemical advice, loyalty and her constant effort to make me a sub that never works. lol
Musclegoddess for checking in on me and makng sure I am pointed in the right direction weekly and yelling at me when I am not.
Suave Swan for private words of encouragement.
Debbie Bramwell / Girlie Muscle / MsGuns for cheerleading.

These people are consistently above board and classy.

Sistersteel
08-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Sister Steel for the chemical advice, loyalty and her constant effort to

Sugar I got a stable full of subs to tend to my whims. I certainly do not need another one. I would not mind the friendship though ;)

Sistersteel
08-07-2009, 01:36 AM
I am grateful today that I can still find it within myself to build people up when they choose to tear me down. Forgiveness is a rare virtue.

Shawn Bellon
08-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Oh wow! Sorry Sister. Keep your head high. True success is what the people closest say about you.

Shawn Bellon
08-07-2009, 01:52 AM
These two :)

Sistersteel
08-07-2009, 03:59 AM
awww Tammy and the kitty cat :)

The best things in life are worth fighting for!

Sistersteel
08-07-2009, 04:00 AM
I am grateful for sunshine, swimming pools and nothing to do all day:p

Alex you badass you! Welcome to the US of A buddy!

fastmuney
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Great off topic. Its off the meat rack

exit2010
08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
:hmn:
Sugar I got a stable full of subs to tend to my whims. I certainly do not need another one. I would not mind the friendship though ;)

you already have that 10x's over.:yep:

Allifit
08-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Allifit for being my confidant, friend, strength, and e-companion.

e-companion eh? I think our hanging out in person removes that e- from companion and makes it just "companion":hmn:

Sistersteel
08-11-2009, 12:52 AM
I am grateful today for my family. My grandmother is visiting for the first time in 4 years and I am very happy to have her around.

exit2010
08-11-2009, 09:57 AM
e-companion eh? I think our hanging out in person removes that e- from companion and makes it just "companion":hmn:

Well that will erase some of the guessing on here.:flowers:

Sistersteel
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I am grateful for my health. Despite the rigors and demands of my lifestyle and the hazards of past drug abuse, I am alive and well today and never felt better.

Sistersteel
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM

Don't mean to be pushy or pry in your personal business there brother future...but would you care to share more of the misfortune that led to your loss? My deepest sympathies to you and yours...

SS

exit2010
08-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I am thankful for Allison because is teaching me the rules of balance in relationships.

Sistersteel
08-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I am thankful for Allison because is teaching me the rules of balance in relationships.

awww you guys look so happy together. Thank God for soul mates, for mine I am eternally grateful!

Sistersteel
08-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Fuck me if this shit ain't hard. Some days I can feel that overwhelming urge to fuck my life up consume me. It comes to me in my dreams, in my thoughts, in my feelings and I start to see it in everything around me. I drop to my knees in prayer and ask the Lord with such fervor to rid me of that demon that haunts me. I am struggling today. And hurting.

I am grateful that I have people who care enough about me to listen, to notice and to reach out ..I am grateful that these morbid feelings do not linger long enough to tear me down. Just as the sun sets its bound to rise.

I am grateful for days like these when my pain makes me feel alive...

SS

exit2010
08-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Fuck me if this shit ain't hard. Some days I can feel that overwhelming urge to fuck my life up consume me. It comes to me in my dreams, in my thoughts, in my feelings and I start to see it in everything around me. I drop to my knees in prayer and ask the Lord with such fervor to rid me of that demon that haunts me. I am struggling today. And hurting.

I am grateful that I have people who care enough about me to listen, to notice and to reach out ..I am grateful that these morbid feelings do not linger long enough to tear me down. Just as the sun sets its bound to rise.

I am grateful for days like these when my pain makes me feel alive...

SS

I just went through about 2 weeks of that and am coming off of those feelings. I will pray for you too. It is hard and it easier to quit but don't do it. Be strong.

Sistersteel
08-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I am grateful today for NA and all my friends in recovery...I am grateful for my family and the people I love....Happy birthday to me! Another sober one and 29 candles on my cake :)

SS

exit2010
08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
29? that is it? you are just a kid. lol

Sistersteel
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
29? that is it? you are just a kid. lol

Fortunately darling, Age and Wisdom do not go had in hand.

Sistersteel
08-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I am grateful today for an off day when I get to sit back and catch up on some much needed sleep.

Curt James
08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Stuck in traffic.

I'm grateful, however that I own a car and also that I have James Patterson's "4th of July" on CD along for the ride.

Well, when traffic begins to move, that is.

:rolleyes:

Sistersteel
08-31-2009, 01:21 AM
It is easy to be negative about past mistakes and unhappiness. But it is much more healing to look at ourselves and our past in the light of experience, acceptance, and growth.

Our past is a series of lessons that advance us to higher levels of living and loving. The relationships we entered, stayed in, or ended taught us necessary lessons.

Some of us have emerged from the most painful circumstances with strong insights about who we are and what we want. Our mistakes? Necessary. Our frustrations, failures, and sometimes stumbling attempts at growth and progress? Necessary too. Each step of the way, we learned. We went through exactly the experiences we need to, to become who we are today. Each step of the way, we progressed. Is our past a mistake? No. The only mistake we can make is mistaking that for the truth.

Today, God, help me let go of negative thoughts I may be harboring about my past circumstances or relationships. I can accept, with gratitude, all that has brought me to today.

antonbrn
08-31-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm greatful for two days off work and sleeping late in the mornings!

Sistersteel
08-31-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm greatful for two days off work and sleeping late in the mornings!

PRICELESS. Hopefully its raining both mornings. Always grateful for a rainy day.

antonbrn
08-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Yep, I sleep best on rainy nights/mornings. Somedays I feel like I could sleep the whole day, but then I don't get anything done.
So, I'm also greatful for coffe in the mornings, lol.

Sistersteel
08-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Yep, I sleep best on rainy nights/mornings. Somedays I feel like I could sleep the whole day, but then I don't get anything done.
So, I'm also greatful for coffe in the mornings, lol.

Ahh coffee....where is brother future! :)

irishpride
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM
i sometimes find myself not being nearly as greatful as i should be and luckly today is not one of those days..i have off today and i woke up nice and early and did nothing for the first few hours but sit on my porch, have a protein shake and some coffee and watch the sun come up and the deer graze on the apple trees in my backyard..for me its the little things..

Sistersteel
09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Today, I am fucking grateful as fuck for Jesus!

Today and every day, motherfuckers. And every fucking day at a time.

Goodfellas
09-05-2009, 05:32 PM
I am grateful for the 12 fish I caught today.

Sistersteel
09-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I am grateful for the 12 fish I caught today.

That is AWESOME Goodfellas! Bass?? :)

Goodfellas
09-05-2009, 05:50 PM
No sunfish at a nearby lake.

On vacation I caught 5 large trout. 15 inches plus..

Sistersteel
09-05-2009, 05:53 PM
No sunfish at a nearby lake.

On vacation I caught 5 large trout. 15 inches plus..

...rainbow trout???

AnglicanBeachParty
09-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I am thankful today that my knee seems to be healed up. I was able to do leg press for the first time in 7 weeks.

Goodfellas
09-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Brown trout.

Here are some bass I caught

Sistersteel
09-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I am thankful today that my knee seems to be healed up. I was able to do leg press for the first time in 7 weeks.

I wish you a speedy recovery my friend!

Sistersteel
09-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Brown trout.

Here are some bass I caught

Awesome GF! Looks a good 3, 4 lbs?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-07-2009, 12:27 AM
I am grateful for the small group of people close to me (friends and family), and the days that I have with them. The story of their life can come to a close at any moment, so I make the most of it at all cost.

Goodfellas
09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Awesome GF! Looks a good 3, 4 lbs?

Yes I would estimate 3 or 4. Not bad for picking up the hobby 20 years later ;)

Goodfellas
09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I am grateful for my wife, parents, and GV.

Sistersteel
09-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I am grateful that my terrible vacation has some to an end. I spent the past four days subjected to more drama than I have all year when I was supposed to be enjoying my time off.

Lord have mercy, thank God that is over.

exit2010
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I am thankful for my loyal friends.

Sistersteel
09-11-2009, 02:58 AM
I am thankful for all the ignorant twats who drop into these forums to make light of our suffering. I thoroughly enjoy ripping them a new asshole later.

Goodfellas
09-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I am thankful for someone's avatars ;)

Sistersteel
09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
I am thankful for someone's avatars ;)

Hahaha! goodfellas I'm assuming you meant mine because I been swapping mine out quite often lately. lol

I am grateful today for my twin brothers. Though we are not in touch as we should be, they are always close to my heart. One of the twins is back from overseas and is coming to visit his big sister today.

Sistersteel
10-06-2009, 02:16 AM
I am very grateful that my shoulder is feeling better and hopefully will be able to train tomorrow.

SS

Goodfellas
10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
I am grateful I found some supplements for my knee pain.

Sistersteel
10-07-2009, 11:53 PM
What kind of supplements GF?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I am grateful for my undying thirst for knowledge.

fitbody
10-15-2009, 06:53 PM
I am grateful for my son Storm cuz last week oct 8th i was 13 yrs clean from all narcotics but oct 13th tues was the hardest day to stay clean in those last 12 yrs since that first yr ! fuck if not for Storm and knowing what his life would be like if i used and died then i coulda very well fucked up ! I'm smart enough to know what to do when in trouble reaching out, talking to other friends with long time clean time, i hadn't been to meetin since before my son born so like 9 yrs - cuz work 6 plus days a wk, single mom, competitor etc... but know i had to go on tues so i went was good and took my multiple yr key fob ! and they asked me to share ! 1/2 way thru day i said to another addict / good friend - ya know if i didn't have Storm (my son) it would be like fuck the dope just give me a fucking gun i'm gonna blow my fucking head off ! it was a hard hard day, but i made it thru and I thank God for the people in my life: friends, clients, my beloved coach Dave Palumbo who emailed me several times that day and said i always had a his shoulder to lean on ! and thank God for NA cuz thatz how i got clean and thatz how i stay clean.. the tools in this program i have to thank for my 13 yrs clean, and going to that meeting which was primarily new comers showed me just how far i've come ! just always have to play out the tape, remember 1 is too many and 1000 never enough, and remember your tools, to not isolate, reach out, go to meetings and above all just don't use ! I'm grateful for so many things in my life, my son, my higher power, lots of friends who love & respect me, & clients too, a job i've had for 10 yrs, my family, my condo, my little VW, my pets, my health, my happiness, my country, MY LIFE ! and its all because i got clean and stayed clean thru using the program of NA !

bndniron4evrgal
10-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I am grateful for my undying thirst for knowledge.YOU ARE SUCH A CUTE & FIT NERD.....lol;)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-15-2009, 11:43 PM
YOU ARE SUCH A CUTE & FIT NERD.....lol;)

Proud of it too :yep: Thank you!

fitbody
10-16-2009, 02:03 AM

i wanted to use this freakin line
but you posted it right before me
but i have tons to be grateful for
if you could see my house & my office GX
you would understand that my thirst for knowledge is insanse
and i loooooooooooooooooooove books
all on BB, nutrition, fitness & my fav THE MIND !!!!!!!!!! :hypno:

fitbody
10-16-2009, 02:04 AM

THATZ why i like YOU :hmn:

njdiva
11-23-2009, 08:58 PM

Proud of it too :yep: Thank you!

HE IS A CUTE FIT NERD...break out the glasses and the pocket protector!:D

Gaoshang Xiongshou
11-23-2009, 09:01 PM
No pocket protectors. I do not cross that line :p

njdiva
11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I am incredibly grateful for having some of the most amazing friends ever. ones that laugh with me, let me get them drunk, ones that indulge me in letting me try on tiaras because it makes me happy, ones that will spend the day in Sea World just so I can see my favorite animal and understand my obsession with shopping and chocolate and of course when they let me cry when they know I need to...thank you all. you know you mean the world to me:hmn:

roseanne
12-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Got an email from a fan on facebook who commented on my powerful words each time I posted so I opended up my heart and spilled my guts...this is what he asked :.

Tell me what has gone on in your life to make you want to grab life by the throat and squeeze every great moment.

my reply: Well... when you come for having everything, the family, the hubby, the white picket fence to digging yourself out of the grave of divorce, deception, grief and addiction you learn to FEEL grateful to be alive and so so happy to still be able to smell the roses and be clean and free...from all past bumps in the road.... there is a highway of ROCKING FUN ahead and im glad to be going down that road! yeah baby!

Words I live by: >>>> “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore, dream, discover.” By Mark Twain

bodimajestik
12-09-2009, 04:18 AM
I just did potty 10 minutes ago...and I am clean now

Alex England
02-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm grateful I'm still sober, still in Cali, and just landed my first screenwriting job after 5 years of busting my ass. Oh, and hello everybody, longtime no see:)

DUKE56
08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
This may sound hokie, but that's ok. I'm grateful just to wake up every morning beside my wife of 36 years. Yeah we have our fights, but don't we all ? I'm grateful for my 3 kids and 6 grandkids + the one extra that i consider a grandson. Even though his mom won't allow me or my wife to see him i still consider him my grandson. Also i'm grateful my son is home from iraq for midtour. He'll be coming by sometime to visit for 2 or 3 days, then back to iraq. I guess i got so much to be grateful for i don't really have room on this string.

Big Sky Guy
08-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Right on Duke!

boost_addict
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I am grateful for alot, I dont usually talk about this kind of stuff on forums.
I am thankful for my wife, who is the most understanding person I have ever met, she's seen me at my absolute lowest and she's seen me at my best, regardless she has always been there.
Over the last 5 years I have dealt with alot of things that may seem trival to some, but to me they are big things, and maybe I havent dealt with them in the best ways, (rec drugs, alcohol, prescription drugs) but I recently I have had a major health scare, and every morning I wake up, clear minded and motivated is a win for me.
I need to keep in a positive state of mind and hope everything turns out for the best.

Thank you.