PDA

View Full Version : cheese cake for you high fat low carb dieters

joe d
05-18-2010, 06:41 PM
this cheese cake tastes great (just like a regular cheese cake) and although it looks complicated to make it is really simple. and wouldnt be to bad on a keto diet so many of you seem to love so much.

Ingredients:

3 packages (1 and 1/2 lbs) cream cheese (room temperature) (get the lowest carb you can. should be less than 1g)
3 scoops of vanilla whey (i used vanilla nut whey to build muscle)
5 eggs (preferably room temperature)
1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 Tablespoon) vanilla
1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 Tablespoon) lemon juice
1 and 1/3 cups sugar equivalent of artificial sweetener (I like zero-carb liquid sweeteners (http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/a/liqsplenda.htm)for this recipe) (stevia is best)
1/4 cup sour cream (again lowest carb)
Crust:
1 cup almond meal (i just crushed raw almonds with a rubber mallet and a canvis sack)
2 Tablespoon melted butter (zero carb fake butter)
2 Tablespoon sugar equivalent in artificial sweetener
Preparation:
Heat oven to 375 F.

Tip: If you have bricks or a pizza stone or unglazed ceramic tile*, put them on the lower rack of the oven. This will hold the heat in the oven. This is good for cheesecakes not baked in a water bath. (Well, actually, it's helpful for any kind of baking, as it keeps the heat in the oven more constant. I keep a pizza stone in the oven most of the time.)

Combine ingredients for crust, and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown.

Raise oven heat to 400 F, or lower to 350 F if you're using a water bath (see below).

Put cream cheese in mixing bowl, and beat until fluffy. Add other ingredients, scraping the bowl and beaters each time (this is very important), fully incorporating each ingredient. When all ingredients are combined, scrape one more time, beat one more minute, and pour mixture into pan over crust.

i did not follow all the crap below. i just put the stuff on the crust in a regular pie pan, put it in the 400 digree oven then turned it down to 200 digrees. it was done in 80 minutes.

Instructions for water bath: Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan in foil, put it in a baking pan and pour boiling water around the sides. Bake at 350 F for 60 to 90 minutes, checking often. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 155 F, remove from oven.

Instructions for non-water bath: For this method, you start the cake at a high temperature, and it slowly drops. If you have stoneware, bricks, etc, this allows it to happen at a slower rate, and I get better results in less time. Put the cheesecake on a sheet pan in case of drippage. After putting the cheesecake in the oven at 400 F, turn the oven down to 200 F. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, checking often after an hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 155 F, remove from oven.

Scott Stevenson
05-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Do you have the macros on that puppy?...

-S

joe d
05-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Do you have the macros on that puppy?...

-S

no because they are verry adjustable between brands and types of ingredients. high protein, high fat, verry low carb. you can adjust the carb/fat ratio a lot. if you get the low fat and fat free stuff the carbs go up. if you get the full fat stuff the carbs go down. you can also use egg whites instead of whole eggs to lower the fat.

i wouldnt eat it much but it can be worked in here and there on a keto.

Scott Stevenson
05-18-2010, 08:34 PM
no because they are verry adjustable between brands and types of ingredients. high protein, high fat, verry low carb. you can adjust the carb/fat ratio a lot. if you get the low fat and fat free stuff the carbs go up. if you get the full fat stuff the carbs go down. you can also use egg whites instead of whole eggs to lower the fat.

i wouldnt eat it much but it can be worked in here and there on a keto.

To hell with that! I'm coming out with the Cheesecake diet - nothing but cheesecake for a MONTH. 30lb in 30 days. LOL

-S

joe d
05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
lol. something like that would probably fly.

cat
05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
"1 cup almond meal (i just crushed raw almonds with a rubber mallet and a canvis sack)"

They actually sell them pulverized for baking, so you don't have go bashing your nuts with a hammer

joe d
05-18-2010, 09:31 PM
"1 cup almond meal (i just crushed raw almonds with a rubber mallet and a canvis sack)"

They actually sell them pulverized for baking, so you don't have go bashing your nuts with a hammer

what fun would that be. wacking my nuts with a hammer is the highlight of my day, and the store i was in didnt have anything other than whole or slivered almonds.

Scott Stevenson
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM

what fun would that be. wacking my nuts with a hammer is the highlight of my day, and the store i was in didnt have anything other than whole or slivered almonds.

I'd definitely bring those back to the store and ask them to "wack your nuts" for you... :slap:

-S

The Big Sexy
05-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll pay you $$$ to make that for me and send it. That looks like a lot of fucking work!

joe d
05-19-2010, 08:15 AM
I'll pay you $$$ to make that for me and send it. That looks like a lot of fucking work!

lol im tellng you it looks hard but its simple.

cat
05-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I'd definitely bring those back to the store and ask them to "wack your nuts" for you... :slap:

-S

He would have to say "Pleeeeeeeeze whack my nuts for me" or else I doubt they would do it.:spank2: