PDA

View Full Version : Team Universe Banned Substances

HammerStrength12
05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Anyone know what they test you for at this show? Is it like the INBF where pretty much everything is off limits or like the NGA where if it's available OTC, it's legit?

DAVIDHARDY
05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Shit, the team U is notorious for some big bastards. You know a good bit of them are show day clean.

HammerStrength12
05-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Well, I'm 5'10 over 200lbs, stay lean year round, never used any AAS/PH. I've never done an NPC show before, but I thought this would be a good one to start out with since it's "natural." and close to where I live. If I do it, I'd play by the rules, regardless of what other people are doing. But if some NPC regional shows are less competitive, maybe I'd look for one of those instead.

HammerStrength12
06-26-2010, 09:11 PM
So I can't find anything anywhere.

Is it basically implied that you can take whatever the fuck you want as long as you're not using the day of the show?

GirlyMuscle
06-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Team Universe is national level. You'll have to qualify first.

HammerStrength12
06-26-2010, 09:23 PM
^^

I'm confused though. How can you qualify if there are no regional "tested" shows?

Shouldn't team u be less competitive than the regional non-tested shows? I know that's not the case, but it just seems weird..

fitmomma3
06-26-2010, 09:27 PM
there are some NPC tested shows regionally. Mike Catz use to have one in CT and there use to be a few in NH and RI check out the sites...

HammerStrength12
06-26-2010, 09:30 PM
^^

But you can still qualify in a non-tested show?

fitmomma3
06-26-2010, 09:33 PM
yeah I don't really get it its a national level show for everyone, but more appeal to those natural I guess, you turn pro to go into untested pro ranks though... confusing I guess.

HammerStrength12
06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
It's bizarre.

But I suppose if they're not going to enforce the rules than it's their own fault that everyone is breaking them.

fitmomma3
06-26-2010, 09:41 PM
They did take away one of the female bodybuilders winners titles this past TU because she failed the test. So they are testing. Exact substances or how extensive, or how long natural I'm not sure.

HammerStrength12
06-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I wonder when the competitors actually find out what they can and cannot take since it's nowhere to be found online. It'd be pretty ridiculous to lose your title when you don't even know what's banned...

~gymdiva~
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
it's all over the place....there were threads on here last year around the time of Team U (may be gone now)....we had them at MD, too....

as for the show, it's an NPC national level, potentially procard earning show just like the rest....only thing that makes it stand out is the possibility of being tested....I only say possibility b/c it changes from year to year who actually gets tested....and before anyone starts (b/c someone always does) it's a TESTED show, not a NATURAL show....big difference! :)

~gymdiva~
06-26-2010, 10:12 PM
well dammit now I can't find it on here....and I refuse to go to MD :p

I say easiest thing to do would be to stop by Dave's Q&A and ask....I know he has a list....nutshell version: all aas and diuretics....

HammerStrength12
06-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the clarification. It looks like I won't be doing this show any time soon. Some of the other NY/NJ ones seem less competitive.

I'll ask Dave in his thread anyway just cuz I am curious

stephaniewicked
06-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the clarification. It looks like I won't be doing this show any time soon. Some of the other NY/NJ ones seem less competitive.

I'll ask Dave in his thread anyway just cuz I am curious

If you've never done a show and you live in Jersey, then do a Jersey show... they're all run really well! There's 2 in August and 2 in October. The NYC shows tend to attract more regional competition, so if you're just looking to get on stage for the first time, try it out locally first and then if you want to compete in NY too, you can.

www.njnpc.com (http://www.njnpc.com)

Big Dave Smith
06-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Take a look at the heavyweight and light heavyweight men's divisions in the Team Universe and compare those guys to one of those super duper natural crazy tested shows. You'll see a big difference.

I FUCKING HATE guys that use and do the Team Universe. If you want to be natural, be natural and compete in those shows. If not, stick to doing untested NPC shows like the rest of us. There should be no inbetween. I understand that athletes are tested in the MLB, UFC, etc... but there is no "non-tested" vs "tested" baseball. It's obvious those guys use, but it's at their own risk of being caught, fined, suspended, and they also feed their families with that money. Our sport is a HOBBY.

If you have the choice like we do, make it and be respectful.

I'm surprised they don't make the Team U a big joke and add a Super Heavyweight men's class.

tammyp
06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
remember this show it a TESTED show, not a NATURAL show. big difference.

MMC78
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
remember this show it a TESTED show, not a NATURAL show. big difference.

This needs to be repeated. And this pretty much goes for all NPC 'natural' shows. Other orgs have stricter requirements for natural competition.

HammerStrength12
06-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Take a look at the heavyweight and light heavyweight men's divisions in the Team Universe and compare those guys to one of those super duper natural crazy tested shows. You'll see a big difference.

I FUCKING HATE guys that use and do the Team Universe. If you want to be natural, be natural and compete in those shows. If not, stick to doing untested NPC shows like the rest of us. There should be no inbetween. I understand that athletes are tested in the MLB, UFC, etc... but there is no "non-tested" vs "tested" baseball. It's obvious those guys use, but it's at their own risk of being caught, fined, suspended, and they also feed their families with that money. Our sport is a HOBBY.

If you have the choice like we do, make it and be respectful.

I'm surprised they don't make the Team U a big joke and add a Super Heavyweight men's class.

So a "tested" show means that there are rules, but they will only sometimes be enforce while a natural show means the rules will always be enforced? Seems sort of silly to me. They should either make it natural, or not test at all...

~gymdiva~
06-28-2010, 04:00 PM
it's tested simply b/c of it being a qualifier to worlds....which is also tested....that's it....which is why most are not tested here b/c there's no need for a 5th place finisher to be tested when they are not going to be sent overseas to represent the US....

shawncathey
06-29-2010, 06:24 PM
im doing the pacific usa natural and its a national qualifier (does that mean team universe or npc nationals?). anyway there method of testing is a lie detector tho not sure tho if the test the overall winners more in depth. if ur going to compete in the npc id go into it counting on substances will be used at a 'natural" show or not..there are other natural organizations inbf i think