PDA

View Full Version : Bikini class suits

GirlyMuscle
05-21-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm looking for a suit for a bikini competitor. Can you gals post up links/sites for me on where to get them?

stephaniewicked
05-21-2010, 08:34 AM
www.suitsyouswimwear.com (this is where most of the suits I've seen come from)
www.passionfruitdesigns.com
www.thebergeswim.com (new designer - she custom-made mine this year!)

There's more, but this is just a few to get started...

GirlyMuscle
05-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Thank you! Next question...can you point in the right direction for posing? I'm training a bikini chicka for her first comp and I'm not that informed on bikini.

stephaniewicked
05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
You're welcome. It really depends on how much she wants to spend. I've seen some of the girls who have won their pro cards look as though they bought an 'off-the-rack' suit, so as long as it is figure-flattering, it should be okay.

If it's her first show, she may want to stick on the lower cost side since she can get away with it at the local level. I spent $450 on my first suit last year and it's beautiful, but I don't plan to wear it again so it was alot of money invested (live and learn!)

As for posing, I think it's pretty simple. As much as I actually cringe at the whole "flirty" factor that seems to have been adopted in the bikini posing, it is what it is and that's what is going to contribute to higher placings it seems.

Hardbody.com interviewed Sandy Williamson recently, where she described the ideal poses and criteria for bikini.

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2010/05/06/interview-with-ifbb-womens-head-judge-sandy-williamson/

Hope that helps!

sassy69
05-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Sonya, who did a couple of my suits in Atlanta (she's based out of the Atlanta area), does beautiful work and recently started doing custom airbrushed suits ! - for bikini, figure, bb.

This is actually really cool: Bambi Boutique (www.customposingsuits.com (http://www.customposingsuits.com) or www.bambiboutique.com (http://www.bambiboutique.com))

(Free shipping if you mention RX Muscle)

Sledge
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Come on Miss GM. You'r planning on switching to bikini aint ya. i'll need pics of you doing that cocked hips looking back over your shoulder pose. is that pose called a rear double glute?

GirlyMuscle
05-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Can you imagine me in bikini? LMAO!!!!

Sledge
05-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Hobit class?

In heels
You should practice the pose.

sassy69
05-29-2010, 02:06 AM

Um .... avatar?

tight booty
05-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Your backs too wide and thick.....there's no second thoughts when someone sees you that you are "bodybuilder"....:yep:

Sledge
05-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Maybe an ittsy bittsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot...........

GirlyMuscle
05-29-2010, 07:57 AM
I always thought it would be a fun routine to wear a polka dot yellow bikini and pose to that song.

She's decided to go off the rack, I think. I think it's a wise choice. She's doing a really small show. She was showing me Vicky's Secret suits and they will work. No need to spend over $100 on a suit. Besides, if she buys a Vicky Secret suit she can wear it this summer, too.

Thanks, gang!

Sledge
05-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks, gang!

No problem. Anytime you want advice on posing suits or any FBB/figure/fitness/bikini related info you know I'm always happy to help with relevant and up to date advice.