PDA

View Full Version : Eat Clean Diet...NOT a new concept!!

LisaRD23
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Ok...so this whole *Eat Clean Diet* craze is really starting to drive me nuts.

Eating clean is not a new concept, esp in the fitness/figure/BB community. I thought eating clean was a life style, it now has become the latest diet craze.

I've been hearing ladies at the gym talk about how they are now on the Eat Clean Supercharged diet. Then they hop off to the jazzersize class while talking about about how they took the but & gut buster class, then they plan to walk on the treadmill for 60min, and then go to Chipolte to get a salad because lettuce, chicken, and avacado are "clean". Are you kidding me!!

Now I'm not trying to knock Tosca or anything, I actually do have a few of her Clean Eating magazines where I found some great Off Season recipies that I do enjoy, but really. How do you turn a common conception into a whole diet empire:confused:

...sorry...end rant.

dallas3
05-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Never heard of it before but it sounds like another fad that people are looking for an easy way out to losing weight rather than using common sense and putting in work to get results.

Suzanne
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Actually it is common sense similar to body for life(not exact food etc) but that eating "clean" whole food not a bunch of processed stuff leads to lower caloric intake

most people are clueless about food and it's caloric content

for weight loss these types of plans is the way to do it not strict dieting like for prep

chipotle is clean
contest prep clean no but clean for real life eating

LisaRD23
05-24-2010, 12:09 PM
chipotle is clean
contest prep clean no but clean for real life eating

Not when you add all the sides...beans(thay have bit of pork in it), sour cream, piles of guacamole...:drool: I love Chipolte.

Wh1teruss1an
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Not when you add all the sides...beans(thay have bit of pork in it), sour cream, piles of guacamole...:drool: I love Chipolte.
Now i'm hungry, you just helped me decide where to eat lunch. :peace:

tammyp
05-24-2010, 01:34 PM
its all oxygen mag is anymore..and that tosca reno...

LisaRD23
05-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I think I'm going to come up with a Figure girl magazine, then write a book called "The Figure Girl Diet...anyone can look like a compeitor" I'll sell it to all the Jazzersize girls at the gym:p

thesamewords
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
That "eat clean" diet marketing is as obvious is an "eat food" diet. Its so damn old its new like... yoyo's and afro's.

stephaniewicked
05-24-2010, 03:08 PM
You can still eat clean and gain weight. It's not necessarily a weight loss solution... though it can be and IS for most people, but it still boils down to the old formula of calories in vs. calories out. Consuming more clean calories than you burn in our world is considered "bulking". The real problem is that people need to get educated about what is and isn't healthy, learn portion control and stop being lazy!

*Fun fact*: I read an article about a pizzeria owner (www.tourdepizza.com (http://www.tourdepizza.com/)) who did a 30-day pizza diet last year... lost 24 lbs, lowered cholesterol by 86 points, lost 10.8% BF, lowered blood pressure, lost 5 inches around his waist... by eating nothing by pizza for a whole month. It sounds sketchy and I don't know all the details (nor would I ever dare try such a thing!), but from what I read, he was monitored by doctors throughout the process, ate in moderation, exercised like he always did and made it his mission to prove that even pizza can be "healthy" given an active lifestyle and that it isn't over-consumed, etc.

Anyway, back to the point... not everyone is willing to take dieting and exercising to the extreme that everyone on RX does, but if they learned and applied some of the basic principles, they could be successful in their weight loss and healthy lifestyle efforts too. Unfortunately though, everyone would rather talk the talk than walk the walk... and then look at people like us and think we have a secret or a magic pill because ya know, being lean and fit is sooooo easy and effortless. :rolleyes: :)

LisaRD23
05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
*Fun fact*: I read an article about a pizzeria owner (www.tourdepizza.com (http://www.tourdepizza.com/)) who did a 30-day pizza diet last year... lost 24 lbs, lowered cholesterol by 86 points, lost 10.8% BF, lowered blood pressure, lost 5 inches around his waist... by eating nothing by pizza for a whole month. It sounds sketchy and I don't know all the details (nor would I ever dare try such a thing!), but from what I read, he was monitored by doctors throughout the process, ate in moderation, exercised like he always did and made it his mission to prove that even pizza can be "healthy" given an active lifestyle and that it isn't over-consumed, etc.

He probally ate WW, thin crust, low fat cheese, and had 1 slice 3xs a day. I can eat 1 chocolate chip cookie for every meal and loose weight!!

Has anyone seen the Taco bell diet commercials? Eat from the "Fresco" menue every day, drop pounds, get healthy....seriously!!

Lann1011
05-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Was n't there a marathon runner who did the Supersize Me all Mcdonald's workout and he lost weight too...

stephaniewicked
05-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Lisa - exactly! I think he said he had 1 slice 5 or 6 times a day and he mixed it up between regular pizza and making it with chicken, low fat cheeses, etc.

Of course, I would rather eat all my meals than all that pizza. I think the message is "moderation is key", but it definitely should not be a model upon which a diet is built upon.

fitmomma3
05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
It is a new concept for MOST. Our obesity level is RISING and RISING clearly people don't know what CLEAN EATING is. Even the old school diet housewifey type diets are cold cereal, yogurts, bananas, salads (no meat), or fat free everything, or "light" frozen meals... or just drink coffe and go for some runs... none processed, whole grains, clean eating is VERY NEW for MANY... OBV not on a BB board.

And marketing is half the battle, I saw a commercial for pure protein that I thought was ABSOLUTELY GENIUS an average looking mom eating a bar, and mixing in some powder for her kids!! And guess what go to walmart and its hard to find pure protein bars cause they fly off the shelf. NOW to us protein bars are pretty much JUNK, but to the average person even a fit health conscious person its clean eating.
HpfoJmcN5O0

Lann1011
05-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Tosca took an old concept, dumbed it down for the masses and is doing quite well off it. Good for her. Better than another cabbage diet or some other crap people are trying all the time.

fitmomma3
05-26-2010, 06:59 AM
^^^true... there are actually BBs out there who BELIEVE Dave P "created" Keto... you hear "oh Dave's diet"... it's like, oh you mean keto dieting... no "Dav'e diet"... oh, oh, you mean keto. He def made a reputation, name, and success personalizing it and teaching it... but it's no new concept. People are simply learning new ways to hit it and if it's marketable good for them. The Diet industry is a BILLION $$$$ INdustry as I type this its makes me sick to think why I am not in it lol as I go to sit in a bank for 9 hours ugggg lol

Sandpig
05-26-2010, 08:00 AM
Agree with Fitmomma. The whole idea behind it is $$$$$$$.