PDA

View Full Version : Cycle off creatine?

Wrex
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I was told awhile ago that it is not necessary to cycle on and off creatine. So I take creatine mono all year round. Do you think It would be beneficial to cylce it?

Chris Pearce
05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
You should cycle all supplements... your body will begin to habituate to them and eventually they'll be ineffective.

gottabecool
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
I cycle everything.

Justin198922
05-25-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't believe in cycling creatine. I think it's a neccesity.

Wrex
05-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Maybe I'll get off of it for a month and see what happens

daywalker72
05-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Always cycle for the best results

Justin198922
06-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Doesn't craetine aid in repair and muscle growth? What's the reason for cycling off?

HammerStrength12
06-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Doesn't craetine aid in repair and muscle growth? What's the reason for cycling off?

Scientifically, I have no clue, but I only get results with it if I cycle it. Even if I take it for a month or two, take a month off, and start taking 5g a day a couple months later, it doesn't do anything for me. I gotta wait a while for it to be effective again

Die4Mass
06-02-2010, 06:20 PM
You should cycle all supplements... your body will begin to habituate to them and eventually they'll be ineffective.

hmmm...i actually have never heard of a down grade of "creatine receptors" i mean, its not like you would cycle off of vitamin c or vitamin d, or whey protein powder, glutamine etc. IMO creatine is important to have constantly. the only time i wasnt using it was 6wks out from my show. i dont cycle off OTC supps, i think they are essential, and you wont down grade receptor sites as you would with AAS

MusclesMarinara
06-02-2010, 10:04 PM
i cycle everything except protein and multi

Die4Mass
06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
i cycle everything except protein and multi

yeah i just dont get the point of "cycling off" creatine. your body needs it if you are weight training and breaking down muscle. plus it has zero side effects.

MusclesMarinara
06-02-2010, 11:55 PM
yeah i just dont get the point of "cycling off" creatine. your body needs it if you are weight training and breaking down muscle. plus it has zero side effects.

i believe your body will eventually become used to it and it wont have the same effect as if cycled.

LookinFit75
06-11-2010, 08:33 PM
How does you body become used to something that is naturally occurring in our diet? That's like saying, I cycle off of steaks because I don't want my body to get too used to the creatine in the steak.
What scientific proof do you have that one's system becomes immune to the effects of creatine?

Justin198922
06-12-2010, 04:17 PM
How does you body become used to something that is naturally occurring in our diet? That's like saying, I cycle off of steaks because I don't want my body to get too used to the creatine in the steak.
What scientific proof do you have that one's system becomes immune to the effects of creatine?

I'm agreeing with you. I think this cycling thing comes from people saying creatine will have negative effects on liver or kidney, can't remember which. I do believe creatine is the second energy source after ATP used in contracting muscles. Meaning I think it's necessary.

Costco77
06-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I would normally say to cycle it, but i've never taken more than two weeks off from creatine and i've consistantly used it for almost two years. Maybe it might be good to just lower the dosage for a couple of weeks, like 2g per day.

joe d
06-12-2010, 09:13 PM
imo creatine should always be used in a dosage from 5-10g per day in addition to what you are getting from your diet. if you are eating creatine rich foods daily then id stick to the 5g personally and id use it pre w/o than in your whole food post w/o meal id eat fish and down a glass of skim milk.