PDA

View Full Version : Clearing more "BroScience"

Mufasa
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Sassy and Others:

The "man-jaw" side effect seems to be "explained" as much by "Broscience" as anything else on these Internet Forums.

1) Is it "caused" by Growth Hormone; excess androgens; some combination of both; or neither?

2) Is the hypertrophy within the jawbone itself; or within the masseter muscle itself? (I've attached a pic).

3) In your experience, has it tended to be reversible?

Thanks!

Mufasa

sassy69
05-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I think it would take MASSIVE amounts of growth hormone. Dunno about the androgens. I think MOST of what people think is this "man jaw" is really just how the person looks when they are dieted down. Very little bodyfat in the face can look stark on some people.

s2h
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I think it would take MASSIVE amounts of growth hormone. Dunno about the androgens. I think MOST of what people think is this "man jaw" is really just how the person looks when they are dieted down. Very little bodyfat in the face can look stark on some people.ya i agree wit ya.....the drawn heavliy depelted look gives a female a more manly apperance....along w/ alot of female AAS users get facial hair....so they have to go to more frequent extremes to keep there face clean ie:laser treatment....so on

tammyp
05-27-2010, 08:24 AM
agreed...even figure girls have the jawline when they are depleted. not very many people look good in the face on contest day if they are shredded.

crossbellas
10-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I have this argument on a daily basis with FBB haters that live here

Bryan Hildebrand
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
to answer the question, its a combination of both drugs that can lead to regenerative growth of the TMJ and distal sections of mandible. the growth plate segments there are weaker than any other in the human body and would be susceptible to additional growth with the proper environment.

paul dillet is a classic example. if you look at his pics from his early 20's to that of his last olympia, you can see definitive strutural differences.