PDA

View Full Version : New Coach... New Approach!

Oldsuperman
05-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Well after 2 years, I let my old coach Sean Calder go, for a new Coach, IFBB Pro Bleu Taylor. I watched Bleu work his magic with two of my friends and I couldn't help to notice how dramatic the change was.

Sean will always have my respect and appreciation for how he took my from the amateur stage to the National stage. Yet I have been struggling terribly with loss of appetite and lagging body parts. For that reason, I started interviewing for a new coach.

Bleu is a student of Hany Rambod a coach who has worked with IFBB pro's Jay Cutler, Phil Heath and many more. Our goal is to bring me into the NPC Masters National in the Super's undeniable.

I received my diet and training outline today, and it is a totally different approach then any one I've done over the past 5 years. Hany is known for his FST-7 Training Doctrine and almost "Gut feeling" psychology diets.

I'll do cardio everyday for 20 mins right out of the sack in the morning on an empty tummy to get my body hungry for food.

Bleu's approach is to get my body craving food again. He'll start by having me eat for breakfast buckwheat or oat flour pancakes and turkey bacon and eggs, and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast!

Every other day in place of my post workout shake, I'll eat 2 triple meat cheese burgers! This is a technique Hany did on Jay Cutler when he also lost his appetite. Hany sent Jay to In an Out Burger everyday.

Then feed me Kale, Arugula bitter greens to help stimulate appetite in the afternoon.

Lots of ground lean beef and hash brown taters. Some veggies. Every three weeks, I check in.

All in all, it's an awakening for me and I'm pumped to do it! Out with the old and in with the new. Here is a video of Bleu by Shawn Ray.

http://www.biggertube.com/video/1124/Shawn-Ray-Interviews-Bleu-Taylor-2009-Nationals-Bantamweight

Baldiewonkanobi
05-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Supe this is exciting....change. Sounds like you and your physique are ripe for this bombarding of nutrients. The Rambod school of training seems to be the tits. Watching you grow will be fun indeed. 2011 Pittsburgh?

However you did not need to mention IN-OUT-BURGERS while so many of us are nose deep into tuna cans. http://www.in-n-out.com/history.asp

Baldie (who designed the IN-N-OUT logo)

v1hyp
05-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Good luck!

axioma
05-27-2010, 08:46 AM
sounds a lot like my approach, however I don't have guru endorsment. I just ate two dbl beef qtr lbers w/cheese meals yesterday. Keeping carbs around 350-400. I am interested in how my novice, non-guru approach stacks up with the big boys at nats.

axioma
05-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I mean shit, just look at me...shave down and and god help all of you...

Neal Grossman
05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Ed,
Good luck with the new approach. Sometimes change alone is a great catalyst.

Neal

gman
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey Ed, sounds like a great plan! Will see you on stage when you win your card

I have the appetite part down pat, but all it does is grow my lower back!

Oldsuperman
05-27-2010, 05:16 PM
This was taken last week. We're gonna work on the arms and sweeps of the quads for the next 6 mths.

Oldsuperman
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Supe this is exciting....change. Sounds like you and your physique are ripe for this bombarding of nutrients. The Rambod school of training seems to be the tits. Watching you grow will be fun indeed. 2011 Pittsburgh?

However you did not need to mention IN-OUT-BURGERS while so many of us are nose deep into tuna cans. http://www.in-n-out.com/history.asp

Baldie (who designed the IN-N-OUT logo)

Sorry bout that Baldie. I wish we had an IN-N-OUT here, but alas... Burger King will have to do! :yep:

freebirdmac
05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Hard to believe looking at that pict that you have lagging body parts. :p

bodyhard
05-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Good luck with the new routine, like I said on the phone Ed, that is crazy, but you will know if it works or not.

old-time-lifter
06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
This was taken last week. We're gonna work on the arms and sweeps of the quads for the next 6 mths.

Hard to believe looking at that pict that you have lagging body parts. :p

Ditto there! Looking huge!

Hammerfit
06-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Well after 2 years, I let my old coach Sean Calder go, for a new Coach, IFBB Pro Bleu Taylor. I watched Bleu work his magic with two of my friends and I couldn't help to notice how dramatic the change was.

Sean will always have my respect and appreciation for how he took my from the amateur stage to the National stage. Yet I have been struggling terribly with loss of appetite and lagging body parts. For that reason, I started interviewing for a new coach.

Bleu is a student of Hany Rambod a coach who has worked with IFBB pro's Jay Cutler, Phil Heath and many more. Our goal is to bring me into the NPC Masters National in the Super's undeniable.

I received my diet and training outline today, and it is a totally different approach then any one I've done over the past 5 years. Hany is known for his FST-7 Training Doctrine and almost "Gut feeling" psychology diets.

I'll do cardio everyday for 20 mins right out of the sack in the morning on an empty tummy to get my body hungry for food.

Bleu's approach is to get my body craving food again. He'll start by having me eat for breakfast buckwheat or oat flour pancakes and turkey bacon and eggs, and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast!

Every other day in place of my post workout shake, I'll eat 2 triple meat cheese burgers! This is a technique Hany did on Jay Cutler when he also lost his appetite. Hany sent Jay to In an Out Burger everyday.

Then feed me Kale, Arugula bitter greens to help stimulate appetite in the afternoon.

Lots of ground lean beef and hash brown taters. Some veggies. Every three weeks, I check in.

All in all, it's an awakening for me and I'm pumped to do it! Out with the old and in with the new. Here is a video of Bleu by Shawn Ray.

http://www.biggertube.com/video/1124/Shawn-Ray-Interviews-Bleu-Taylor-2009-Nationals-Bantamweight

Looking Good! Yep FST-7 is the real deal. Been using Hany's techniques for awhile now.