PDA

View Full Version : Carbs???

Bubba Bronko
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Are complex carbs really needed to build lean quality muscle? If so why or why not...

Frosty
03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Not really, but let me add that I've never seen a gaining diet that contained NO carbs. They all use them at some point.

CanadianBacon
03-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Nahh - it's protein that helps you rebuild muscle, cc are used to give you a longer more constant supply of energy (compared to simple c that are usually refined/high in sugar and cause a bigger insulin spike).

buster12
03-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Not really, but let me add that I've never seen a gaining diet that contained NO carbs. They all use them at some point.
x2.

Voland
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Are complex carbs really needed to build lean quality muscle? If so why or why not...

I need them, unless i wanna faint.

chucksm00th
03-16-2009, 09:53 AM
protein and fat builds muscle, carbs fuel the process. Carbs help push nutrients into the muscels because of the spike of insulin bro

TheJackHammer
03-16-2009, 10:52 AM
quick question about carbs, is there a carb powder form that you can just add in ur protein shakes to make them a gainer shake? cause i want to be able to use more carbs but i just cant eat any more when it comes to really food. and i dont want to buy a gainer protein cause i want to be able to have both when ever i want it.

Youngguns
03-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Jack, try blending oatmeal into your shake.

Strikerrjones
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
quick question about carbs, is there a carb powder form that you can just add in ur protein shakes to make them a gainer shake? cause i want to be able to use more carbs but i just cant eat any more when it comes to really food. and i dont want to buy a gainer protein cause i want to be able to have both when ever i want it.

Just buy 2 different proteins. You'll only be using half as much of either, so they'll last as long as if you bought them one after the other. Also, Optimum sells a premixed Oatmeal and Whey powder that mixes perfectly with milk and water.

Bubba Bronko
03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
couldnt you just get your carbs from fruits and veggies instead of a complex carb like oats or yams/ wouldnt it be less calories but your still getting your carbs??

chasebny
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
couldnt you just get your carbs from fruits and veggies instead of a complex carb like oats or yams/ wouldnt it be less calories but your still getting your carbs??
Most of those carbs would be fiber, which is not digest, and just passes through the system, cleaning you out. Do you need carbs to gain muscle? No. But its a hell of a lot easier with SOME carbs.

Frosty
03-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Poliquin and Di Pasquale use plenty of carbs, but they are usually either PWO or on carb days or meals that are different from normal low carb meals. Otherwise they're meat and veggie kinda guys for a lot of people.

Poliquin has a lot of requirements of carb intake. Fatties shouldn't be eating many carbs period, while lean guys can take in tons of carbs without getting fat if done properly, but most of the time eat low carb.

Studies have demonstrated untrained people gaining muscle on a reduced calorie keto diet because of so much additional protein, but absolutely NO ONE uses a zero carb approach to gaining quality weight.

Angela123
03-17-2009, 01:35 AM

waxy maize.