PDA

View Full Version : Calling ALL 35 and up FITNESS division Competitors!

Lann1011
05-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I sent an email asking HOW we can get Fitness put back on Masters nationals.. this is the answer that I got from Gary Udit:

Subject: Re: Hi, I was wondering...
To: "Leslie Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 1:09 PM

I would love to have fitness. We had to stop running it due to very low participation. If you can come up with 10 athletes we'll have it.

For example girl called from NY last month with 18 TEEN Fitness athletes. I said we would run it if the athletes were in. When all was said and done she had 3 competitors as the others opted for a gymnastics camp.

The NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS that I promote has fitness September 3/4.

It's July 24th, in Pittsburgh, PA Here is a link to the site:http://www.garyudit.com/npc_information.html

2010 GNC NPC
TEEN, COLLEGIATE
AND
MASTERS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Bodybuilding Figure Bikini
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO QUALIFY
Bodybuilding competitors need only to have entered a previous NPC
contest, no matter what the year, no matter what the placing, no matter what the category - Teen, Novice, Collegiate, Masters, Open, etc.

Figure and Bikini competitors are not required to pre-qualify for this event.
NPC MEMBERSHIP
All contestants must be registered as athletes with the computer service of the NPC National Physique Committee as of June 23, 2010. For an application, contact the NPC at PO Box 3711, Pittsburgh, PA 15230 412-276-5027.

Competitors MAY NOT register for an NPC card at the Check-In/Weigh-In.
US CITIZENSHIP
Men Over 40/Over 50/Over 60, Women BB Over 35/45, Figure Over 35/45 and Bikini Over 35
Due to the fact that these Divisions are Pro Qualifiers you MUST be a US citizen to enter this event and proof MUST be sent with entry (copy of birth certificate, voter registration, or military discharge).

---------------

He is talking to Jim Manion on tuesday about if there could be a pro card given to the over all winner.. But if not this year then definitely NEXT year IF we can get 9 more girls to make a showing here! Please help if you know of any Masters figure girls that want to try fitness or any Fitness girls that are over 35! This could be a huge step in getting us another pro qualifier back :)

Lann1011
05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
OH and remember there are no more Mandatory moves you have to do anymore! So if you have a dance background, or martial arts or are just strong or flexible there are all kinds of women and routines that will do well now!

~gymdiva~
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
wish I could do this! :( oh well, maybe in 3yrs!

MsGuns
05-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Im in...just joking!
Lann you need to post this on all the boards...

Lann1011
05-31-2010, 12:27 AM
I've done souixcountry, my facebook, muscular developement and bodyspace...

MsGuns
05-31-2010, 12:29 AM
I've done souixcountry, my facebook, muscular developement and bodyspace...

Cool...any responses?

tammyp
05-31-2010, 05:44 AM
would love to see this take off. maybe email cathy savage, mike davies, kim oddo. they train alot of fitness girls.

fitbody
05-31-2010, 08:03 AM
i got a girl who just won overall May 22
her big comeback after 8 yrs
would love to see this at the North Americans
cuz then Canadians could compete too

Debbie Bartlett 42 yrs young

tammyp
05-31-2010, 08:08 AM
they already have fitness at NA fitbody..so she is all set!

fitbody
05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
they already have fitness at NA fitbody..so she is all set!

Masters Fitness ???????

MsGuns
05-31-2010, 09:30 AM
WoW Fitbody @ 42 she is moving & shaking...SWEET!

Ibarramedia
05-31-2010, 10:40 AM
i got a girl who just won overall May 22
her big comeback after 8 yrs
would love to see this at the North Americans
cuz then Canadians could compete too

Debbie Bartlett 42 yrs young

Good work dawn!

~gymdiva~
05-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Masters Fitness ???????

no, regular fitness at NA's....masters fitness at masters natls is the aim...

paula williams-Gulman
05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
I sent an email asking HOW we can get Fitness put back on Masters nationals.. this is the answer that I got from Gary Udit:

Subject: Re: Hi, I was wondering...
To: "Leslie Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 1:09 PM

I would love to have fitness. We had to stop running it due to very low participation. If you can come up with 10 athletes we'll have it.

For example girl called from NY last month with 18 TEEN Fitness athletes. I said we would run it if the athletes were in. When all was said and done she had 3 competitors as the others opted for a gymnastics camp.

The NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS that I promote has fitness September 3/4.

It's July 24th, in Pittsburgh, PA Here is a link to the site:http://www.garyudit.com/npc_information.html

2010 GNC NPC
TEEN, COLLEGIATE
AND
MASTERS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Bodybuilding Figure Bikini
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO QUALIFY
Bodybuilding competitors need only to have entered a previous NPC
contest, no matter what the year, no matter what the placing, no matter what the category - Teen, Novice, Collegiate, Masters, Open, etc.

Figure and Bikini competitors are not required to pre-qualify for this event.
NPC MEMBERSHIP
All contestants must be registered as athletes with the computer service of the NPC National Physique Committee as of June 23, 2010. For an application, contact the NPC at PO Box 3711, Pittsburgh, PA 15230 412-276-5027.

Competitors MAY NOT register for an NPC card at the Check-In/Weigh-In.
US CITIZENSHIP
Men Over 40/Over 50/Over 60, Women BB Over 35/45, Figure Over 35/45 and Bikini Over 35
Due to the fact that these Divisions are Pro Qualifiers you MUST be a US citizen to enter this event and proof MUST be sent with entry (copy of birth certificate, voter registration, or military discharge).

---------------

He is talking to Jim Manion on tuesday about if there could be a pro card given to the over all winner.. But if not this year then definitely NEXT year IF we can get 9 more girls to make a showing here! Please help if you know of any Masters figure girls that want to try fitness or any Fitness girls that are over 35! This could be a huge step in getting us another pro qualifier back :)

Count me in!!! Paula Williams Gulman National Fitness Class A 40 yrs

Lann1011
05-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Paula that is awesome!!!

Lann1011
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I just spoke to Gary Udit, Jim Manion can not sanction a pro card for this event this year. I would need to know who would still like to compete without one. It was just too close to the event, and not enough time to advertise the division.

Also I only have til Saturday to find all 10 girls.. I still want to see Fitness Represented at this show! Ladies we are very much under a deadline now.. Let me know asap.