PDA

View Full Version : Heather Mae French Wins IFBB California Pro Figure!

huge285
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Congrats to SPECIES NUTRITION's HEATHER MAE FRENCH for winning the 2010 IFBB CALIFORNIA PRO FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS! She's really on a role this year!

IFBB PITTSBURGH PRO FIGURE: 1st Place
IFBB NEW ZEALAND PRO FIGURE: 1st Place
IFBB CALIFORNIA PRO FIGURE: 1st Place
IFBB Ms FIGURE INTERNATIONAL: 3rd Place

sba220
06-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Hmf for president

AllieCos
06-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Go Heather!

The Big Sexy
06-01-2010, 11:34 PM
and no one at the show even boo'd!! (well, they didn't boo Heather...)

Jude2
06-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Her legs look a little smaller, but she looks great.

antonbrn
06-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Congrats to Heather, she looks great!

This Is War
06-02-2010, 06:13 AM
She looks a lot tighter than the last show....could be the lighting though!

Go HMF and Species!

Rattbones
06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Dave any word on another HMF video?

AnglicanBeachParty
06-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Wow, Heather Mae is really on a roll! :yep:

BigBench
06-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Go HMF! Congrats!

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Good for her! She is what Figure should look like. Ripped off at the ASC so the 'girl next door' could win another one. Elite level physique competition should NOT look like something that just anyone can achieve.

Too bad Nicole Wilkins Lee will not train or diet as hard and will come in looking like a college cheerleader and win the O again...

Warped
06-02-2010, 08:41 AM
She deserve it.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 08:56 AM
She plays football? Is this like a legit womens team or a powder-puff team?

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Too bad Nicole Wilkins Lee will not train or diet as hard and will come in looking like a college cheerleader and win the O again...

Uhh, nice try BUT she's actually a three years out of college and has been a competitive gymnast since she could walk, undergone MULTIPLE surgeries for injuries, and completed at the Arnold gymnastics show in 2006. I'm willing to bet you'd never even bothered to look at her training program before you said that. She squats, deadlifts and power cleans on a regular basis. She can clean over 200, how many female BODYBUILDERS do you know that can do that?? Yes, they're not really necessary for bodybuilding, but either way its a pretty impressive and you don't get their by not "training and dieting hard"

I think they both look great, but I don't think there's a stark difference between HMF and NWL. Their physiques look VERY similar relative to what's out there. There are plenty of figure girls out there that finish near the bottom of every comp that are WAY more muscular than the two of them

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Uhh, nice try BUT she's actually a three years out of college and has been a competitive gymnast since she could walk, undergone MULTIPLE surgeries for injuries, and completed at the Arnold gymnastics show in 2006. I'm willing to bet you'd never even bothered to look at her training program before you said that. She squats, deadlifts and power cleans on a regular basis. She can clean over 200, how many female BODYBUILDERS do you know that can do that?? Yes, they're not really necessary for bodybuilding, but either way its a pretty impressive and you don't get their by not "training and dieting hard"

I think they both look great, but I don't think there's a stark difference between HMF and NWL. Their physiques look VERY similar relative to what's out there. There are plenty of figure girls out there that finish near the bottom of every comp that are WAY more muscular than the two of them

Why are you giving me her resume?

I never said she was in college. I don't care if she's been a gymnast since she was an embryo. What does that have to do with the fact that she wins the sport's top prizes without having to get into the same shape as past standard bearers?

I don't care how many injuries she's had or how much she can clean. I care that Figure has devolved to the point that someone that is that smooth can win the O and Arnold.

She shows up softer, so she's obviously not putting in the time and diet that the other girls are.

The "stark difference" is that NWL is SMOOTH. The only difference between her and some of the bikini chicks that I've seen is the absence of big fake boobs.

My statements were less an indictment of her and more that of the IFBB. If they're determined to force bikini on us for the girls that don't want to get into real stage shape, then at least reward the Figure girls for coming in hard and tight.

NWL is, and has been, CLEARLY softer than the rest of the Top 5 in her signature wins. She's a pretty face on a physique that doesn't deserve to carry the Arnold or O titles.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 10:02 AM

I never said she was in college. I don't care if she's been a gymnast since she was an embryo. What does that have to do with the fact that she wins the sport's top prizes without having to get into the same shape as past standard bearers?

I don't care how many injuries she's had or how much she can clean. I care that Figure has devolved to the point that someone that is that smooth can win the O and Arnold.

She shows up softer, so she's obviously not putting in the time and diet that the other girls are.

The "stark difference" is that NWL is SMOOTH. The only difference between her and some of the bikini chicks that I've seen is the absence of big fake boobs.

My statements were less an indictment of her and more that of the IFBB. If they're determined to force bikini on us for the girls that don't want to get into real stage shape, then at least reward the Figure girls for coming in hard and tight.

NWL is, and has been, CLEARLY softer than the rest of the Top 5 in her signature wins. She's a pretty face on a physique that doesn't deserve to carry the Arnold or O titles.

It's stupid how vague the figure standards are. I've always agreed with that. I was just trying to show that contrary to popular belief, she's no slouch...

Carry on...

JohnnyStyles
06-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Now a days... figure has gotten a major change...I remember standing next to Nicole last year and being like...whoa...This is gonna change it all...She was indeed soft but pretty...so let's see what happens.

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
soft but pretty

Add some boobs, and you've got the criteria for Bikini.

That said, NWL isn't pretty. Let's be honest, she beautiful. BUT her body should not be the standard.

doubleogordo
06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
team species does it again!!

Kitty Kat
06-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Congrats Heather ;-)

hulk7280
06-02-2010, 11:15 AM

But what about Erin Stern, who is considerably harder and more muscular. How is she 2nd and NWL 1st??

The Prodigy
06-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats girl! You rock!

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
But what about Erin Stern, who is considerably harder and more muscular. How is she 2nd and NWL 1st??

Which further illustrates my point.

She's (NWL) a pretty face. That's all.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 11:26 AM

Even at the regional shows, you'll find figure girls that are far harder and more muscular than any of the top 5 you see at the Arnold/Olympia, yet still finish near the bottom of the REGIONAL shows.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Which further illustrates my point.

She's (NWL) a pretty face. That's all.

You can ALWAYS find figure girls harder and more muscular that the winner, regardless of who you give it too. My girl Angela finished dead last, but I thought she came in leaner than any of the top 5...

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 11:30 AM

Reps for your entire post.

The bold - Nicole has fake boobs. Just not big ones.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 11:32 AM

The only "point" I was getting at was that she does indeed work just as hard as anyone else. I don't get what the boobs, finishing places, or anything else has to do with that..

The Big Sexy
Good for her! She is what Figure should look like. Ripped off at the ASC so the 'girl next door' could win another one. Elite level physique competition should NOT look like something that just anyone can achieve.

I don't think they are going to give Nicole any gifts at the O... They gave Cutler a gift at the O and he came back looked bad again and they took it away from him. I think her gift was at the Arnold - there will be a new sheriff in town this year... who it will be? I don't know... no Gina Allioti to compete against... which, would put it in the hands of maybe a HMF or Erin Stern ?

Ibarramedia
Congratulations to Heather Mae French. :ok: :beerbang: Also props to Katina Maistrellis who always looks awesome! :beerbang:

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
The only "point" I was getting at was that she does indeed work just as hard as anyone else. I don't get what the boobs, finishing places, or anything else has to do with that..

I just have to disagree.

You don't "work as hard as anyone else" and come in 6 levels of softer.

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think they are going to give Nicole any gifts at the O... They gave Cutler a gift at the O and he came back looked bad again and they took it away from him. I think her gift was at the Arnold - there will be a new sheriff in town this year... who it will be? I don't know... no Gina Allioti to compete against... which, would put it in the hands of maybe a HMF or Erin Stern ?

I sure hope you're right.

French or Stern either one would be a better choice.

sba220
06-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote of the week...no contest.

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I just have to disagree.

You don't "work as hard as anyone else" and come in 6 levels of softer.

This. It's almost ridiculous soft. At least when she won the Olympia she had some decent shape, lines had an AMAZING gold suit (probably one of the best I've ever seen). At the Arnold - she was on a whole different level than everyone else... like... placing 12-15 level... and she won.

To me, it's a slap in the face to the other competitors. I know competitors at EVERY figure show who have better physiques, structures, look, etc. than girls in the top 10 and they finish in the 11-NP positions because they are nobody. It has to be so hard to be them... working, training, coming in good... and seeing a girl finish 8th with a flabby ass and cottage cheese because she has a contract with someone (yes, a girl in the top 10 at the Cal was in that condition - at least 2nd call out (I think))

I mean, think of it if you were bodybuilding and you were shredded and bigger than a guy who was soft and smaller but he places 2-3 places higher than you. It would be SO frustrating.

Sandpig
06-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Agree, Lou. Her conditioning shouldn't even win her a local show.

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Agree, Lou. Her conditioning shouldn't even win her a local show.

That's the messed up thing. Girls at the local levels who are winning are harder than the girls at the pro levels. Shit... I've seen bikini competitors who are harder than the figure girls at the pro level.

The inconsistency is ASTOUNDING. At least in bodybuilding - there is some sort of reasoning behind it. It is still VERY subjective... but in figure it seems almost arbitrary. If I were a woman and a figure competitor... It would be very confusing and frustrating for me to try to deal with how the judges are judging and what they are looking for. They say "structure, glute ham tie ins, suit, color, etc." - then you see a girl in the top 5 with a horrible suit, soft ass and odd structure!

I would love to sit down with an IFBB pro judge and just talk with them. Get honest answers to questions I have as to what they are looking for and how they judge. I promise I wouldn't be disrespectful - I would be very reasonable with my questions - as I believe they are questions that just about everyone out there would have.

I think it would be a very good interview for Off-Topic radio... IF you could get some honest answers to good questions (meaning - no questions like "Why are you corrupt?" or shit like that)

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 06:02 PM
http://gallery.musclecontest.com/index.php?page=competitor&entry_id=1123

Finished 13 out of 19. Beating Candace Houston who came in 2nd to last.

Sandpig
06-02-2010, 06:53 PM
http://gallery.musclecontest.com/index.php?page=competitor&entry_id=1123

Finished 13 out of 19. Beating Candace Houston who came in 2nd to last.

Oh you just hit a nerve. Can't believe where Candace finished. :mad:
She may not have been at her best, but no way was she the second worst girl on that stage.

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh you just hit a nerve. Can't believe where Candace finished. :mad:
She may not have been at her best, but no way was she the second worst girl on that stage.

She may also have (arguably) one of the best presentations in the IFBB. Her posing and grace is really good. Her physique has been softer as of late - but I think she is trying to play the "softness" game. I wish she would go back to being harder when she was battling it out with Crystal Lowry (now married with a different name?) in the NPC for a few years.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
The placings in figure comps NEVER make sense its not just Nicole. Like I said, even if they award HMF or Erin the title, you could still go to small local comps and find girls placing LAST who are more muscular and leaner than them. The judging is retarded makes no sense at all, but honestly at this point, any girl who even contemplates doing figure should know this by now.

hulk7280
06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
You can ALWAYS find figure girls harder and more muscular that the winner, regardless of who you give it too. My girl Angela finished dead last, but I thought she came in leaner than any of the top 5...

you complety missed my point bro.. you have a physique like Nichole wilkins.. an APPLE, and then you have an Orange like Erin Stern.. how can you reward Nichole wilkins who has a SOFT physique, and then reward a HARD/muscular physique like Erin Stern and give her a second..

IMO.. if your going to reward a SOFT physique, then the rest of the girls in the top 5 should look similiar, IF thats the look they are going for..

Im just saying if your going to give Nichole 1st, then somebody who has a similair PHYSIQUE should be 2nd!!! not the EXTREME OPPOSITE..

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
you complety missed my point bro.. you have a physique like Nichole wilkins.. an APPLE, and then you have an Orange like Erin Stern.. how can you reward Nichole wilkins who has a SOFT physique, and then reward a HARD/muscular physique like Erin Stern and give her a second..

IMO.. if your going to reward a SOFT physique, then the rest of the girls in the top 5 should look similiar, IF thats the look they are going for..

Im just saying if your going to give Nichole 1st, then somebody who has a similair PHYSIQUE should be 2nd!!! not the EXTREME OPPOSITE..

Problem is at the Olympia - you had Nicole in 1st, Gina in 2nd, HMF in 3rd and then a bunch of hard physiques on up to 10 or so. Gina and Nicole being two different (WAY DIFFERENT) physiques. Gina, IMO, has the best physique and has had the best in the business for years now. It's a damn shame she is not getting on stage this year... frankly, I don't blame her.

I agree with you though Hulk.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM

I never said the judging wasn't inconsistent....

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Gina's my favorite. I had a poster of her in my apartment room in college

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Gina's my favorite. I had a poster of her in my apartment room in college

I'll tell her for you - I see her every day.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 07:46 PM

LOL it was a free pullout from Flex/MD something like that, I used to get shit for it all the time

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
LOL it was a free pullout from Flex/MD something like that, I used to get shit for it all the time

Don't backtrack now...

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Don't backtrack now...

Honestly, I didn't even know you could buy actual posters of her. Tell me where you can and I'd be more than happy to admit I'd pay for one lol, she's hot as fuck

edit: you can tell her I said that too. As we'd say in Jersey, she's one hot bitch

hulk7280
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Tell her she is my favorite too!!! :yep: I actually bought her DVD for my now EX-Girlfriend.. Biotch..LOl

Sandpig
06-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Honestly, I didn't even know you could buy actual posters of her. Tell me where you can and I'd be more than happy to admit I'd pay for one lol, she's hot as fuck

edit: you can tell her I said that too. As we'd say in Jersey, she's one hot bitch

Hell, I just met her for the first time this week. :drool:
Her freakin calves are awesome. It's also the first time I've ever seen her in person, not in contest, hard shape. :D

tight booty
06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Heather looks amazing! Big congrats to her...:)

Triple-H_2005
06-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I would love to sit down with an IFBB pro judge and just talk with them. Get honest answers to questions I have as to what they are looking for and how they judge.

I don't think that would do any good...after listening to John and Dave talk to Steve W after the Arnold (or was it the O?), I'm not convinced that even the judges know what they're supposed to be looking for.

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
NWL and HMF do not compare on any level....HMF has by far the best physique.
NWL shouldnt be the LOOK of FIGURE when 2nd-6th dont look like her (they lok like figure gurls)
NWL should do bikini...
Erin Stern and HMF are what FIGURE should LOOK like.
If NWL wins the O then its all politics...I guess Erin and HMF arent training w/ the right people.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
NWL shouldnt be the LOOK of FIGURE when 2nd-6th dont look like her (they lok like figure gurls)
NWL should do bikini...
If NWL wins the O then its all politics...I guess Erin and HMF arent training w/ the right people.

Figure judging just doesn't make any sense to me

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Figure judging just doesn't make any sense to me

Yeah every since NWL won the O and the I it really doesnt make any sense.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah every since NWL won the O and the I it really doesnt make any sense.

True. Like I said before though, even if Erin or Heather do win the O, there will still be a million figure girls bigger, leaner and more proportional than them finishing in dead last at regional shows. The whole thing is flawed

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
True. Like I said before though, even if Erin or Heather do win the O, there will still be a million figure girls bigger, leaner and more proportional than them finishing in dead last at regional shows. The whole thing is flawed

I disagree...
2nd-6th at the O and I all looked about the same...Nicole was the odd ball.
You cant compare regional shows to Pros...a whole different level.

HammerStrength12
06-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I disagree...
2nd-6th at the O and I all looked about the same...Nicole was the odd ball.
You cant compare regional shows to Pros...a whole different level.

2-6th looked the same yep, Nicole was out of place.

I'm sayin there are girls that train at my gym in jersey that I think look much better than 2-6th at the O, and these girls don't even win regional shows. But that's just my opinion though...

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
http://www.gfitsportswear.com/store/main.php

http://ginaaliotti.net/ifbb-contest-bikini-fitness-figure-photos.php

Her websites - I'm pretty sure you can request an autographed picture of any thing she has there... Her clothes are great for chicks - of course, she looks knock-out in them - with her physique, she could wear a garbage bag and it'd look great lol

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Gina's contest history since 2007...

2007 IFBB TOC Pro Figure 1st Figure
2007 IFBB Figure Olympia 2nd Figure
2007 IFBB West Palm Beach Pro Figure 1st Figure
2008 IFBB Arnold Classic Pro Figure 1st Figure
2008 IFBB TOC Pro Figure 1st Figure
2008 IFBB Figure Olympia 2nd Figure
2009 IFBB Arnold Classic 2nd Figure
2009 IFBB Figure Olympia 2nd Figure

Tell me if there has been any competitor who has this sort of dominance in figure in recent years. Also, she was 2nd place at 3 straight Olympias to three different competitors... who all had 3 different physiques. I think that was the turning point for her to take a break (if I had to guess) ... it's not like Jay vs Ronnie... it's like whoever else is next in line will just beat me again????

Damn that is impressive...

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought this was a HMF thread...lol

AnglicanBeachParty
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM
NWL should do bikini...

Or ... she should train to really look her best and keep doing Figure. But the temptation is always to follow what the judges are rewarding. I don't think she'll harden up (and I know she could) until the judges "punish" her for being soft.

Recall: NWL was also a very talented Fitness competitor. It would have been difficult to decide which division for her to compete it in. Except the judges rewarded her in Figure and not in Fitness.

The Big Sexy
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Or ... she should train to really look her best and keep doing Figure. But the temptation is always to follow what the judges are rewarding. I don't think she'll harden up (and I know she could) until the judges "punish" her for being soft.

Recall: NWL was also a very talented Fitness competitor. It would have been difficult to decide which division for her to compete it in. Except the judges rewarded her in Figure and not in Fitness.

I don't blame her at all... hell, if I got on stage and looked bad and the judges were like "YOU ARE AWESOME!!! HERE IS 1st!!!" I'd be like cool... go increase all my prices, every girl from across the land would want to train with me and I'd be like "I dunno... I pretty much eat what I want to and do a little cardio as I go along yeah?"

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 10:36 PM

I think she should go back to fitness.

hulk7280
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
NWL should do bikini...

They all train with Kim oddo! lol

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 10:46 PM
They all train with Kim oddo! lol

When did Erin start training w/ Kim?
Species sponsored athletes dont train under Dave? interesting...

hulk7280
06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
When did Erin start training w/ Kim?
Species sponsored athletes dont train under Dave? interesting...

maybe not Erin, but I know HMF and NWL are.. and 90% of the pro girls are! lol

MsGuns
06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
maybe not Erin, but I know HMF and NWL are.. and 90% of the pro girls are! lol

Yeah Erin does her own diet...I was just curious where you got that info...
I now know...

hulk7280
06-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah Erin does her own diet...I was just curious where you got that info...
I now know...

its on flexonline, and im pretty sure dave interviewed her about it.

Sandpig
06-03-2010, 06:51 AM
NWL should do bikini...

Agreed NWL has the perfect body- For Bikini! :yep:

fltallpaul
06-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Tell her she is my favorite too!!! :yep: I actually bought her DVD for my now EX-Girlfriend.. Biotch..LOl

I am sure you did buy it for your ex, wink wink....

Sandpig
06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
here's what Gina looked like at the Cal!

hulk7280
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I am sure you did buy it for your ex, wink wink....

you got me buddy!!!

how is everything going? you ready for that meet?

Ibarramedia
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Heather Looked very good. Katina Looked outstanding. :beerbang:

BIG DUB
06-03-2010, 10:11 PM
here's what Gina looked like at the Cal!

Damon Wayans.

Ibarramedia
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
http://gallery.musclecontest.com/media/images/full/ed/4e/ed4e08206ce00df99b2f59de6d2d8d3a.jpg

http://gallery.musclecontest.com/media/images/full/dc/75/dc7530a5a6d4365522e8d90c085905b3.jpg

http://gallery.musclecontest.com/media/images/full/c3/b3/c3b37fba2ddaa9607100a5cec18cf730.jpg

Heather Mae French

http://gallery.musclecontest.com/media/images/full/ef/80/ef801f80d4c51b643c17286356375dc5.jpg

http://gallery.musclecontest.com/media/images/full/45/8c/458c07feafcef9e21d2b319b7248a2b8.jpg

http://gallery.musclecontest.com/media/images/full/f4/36/f43621f73c1087fdddd8430dc299013a.jpg

Katina Maistrellis

Pics courtesy of musclecontest.com and Nga Azarian.