PDA

View Full Version : Fair Hourly Rates For Photoshoots?

Musclepapa John
06-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm paying athletes for shoots now along with continuing to charge for shoots that athletes want for their own occasions that I can't otherwise market to make a buck off of. I'm wondering what hourly rate is fair? As I increasingly produce work for my own paysite the intention is to make money off the content. Thus, I pay the athlete/models. Of course many of the top industry photographers do free shoots that the model gets all or a sample of the photos and most or all of the photos find their way to some paysites with the models getting no money.
The national level gals that have already been shooting with those paysites that have been around for years have a given expectation for their time while newbie local/regional competitors typically have none. Experience level also varies from model to model regardless of whether they be local or national level.

In the mix of payment are the terms for receiving all or a portion of the photos for your own marketing. I can also trade out all sorts of stuff including self promoting video, websites, other marketing, but all that aside what do ya think is fair for an hourly rate? This is rather important to me and a big investment upfront in the models where I don't have any immediate return on the investment. Fairness is important to me though. The shoots are themed, often with weapons and no nudity, but a little artsy fartsy stuff.

Musclepapa John
06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh, and you can email me particularly if in Florida and want to shoot and we can discuss the rate you want/expect and see if we can get'er done.

Sample of my dirty work:p