PDA

View Full Version : Novedex XT

k8525
06-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Who has used Gaspari's Novedex? I haven't used any anti-aromatase supplements before. I'm wondering what kind of side effects anyone has experienced playing with their estrogen levels? How did it work for you? I'm having a lot of trouble bringing down my lower half, been dieting 23 weeks with tons of cardio. My trainer suggested this supplement because I'm pretty young so my estrogen is naturally higher.

tammyp
06-04-2010, 05:31 AM
didnt the fda pull this in jan?

k8525
06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Discontinued, but still out there. Amazon.com has it

sassy69
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I've heard people having luck with it - its an aromatase inhibitor and not a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM, like nolvadex) so it is primarily operating on the estrogen that results from conversion of either exogenous testosterone (e.g. steroids) or from a small amount of natural androgen your body generates. (This would be the only source of estrogen in a post-menopausal female.) If I recall it has some testosterone booster properties or something like that as well.

I would google "women Garpari Novedex XT" and look for everything you can find that other people have posted on forums or wherever. A lot of using any supplement you're not familiar with is just straight up research that you do yourself - not that everything you read on the internet is to be taken as gospel, but in this case you can look for personal experiences so you have a sense of the range of responses that can happen (as no one person's body chemistry is going to respond the same as everyone else's).

I would pay attention to the sides that you could expect tho so you aren't suprised if you experience them - e.g. will probably interrupt your menstrual cycle for a while. To a degree just a dramatic drop in bodyfat or increase in exercise can do this as well (amenorrhea). Everything tends to come back to normal once your bodyfat is back up (e.g. post contest , > 12%bf) but it can also come back w/a pretty good rebound effect (i.e. water retention, etc.) I suspect acne is also a possible side.

s2h
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Who has used Gaspari's Novedex? I haven't used any anti-aromatase supplements before. I'm wondering what kind of side effects anyone has experienced playing with their estrogen levels? How did it work for you? I'm having a lot of trouble bringing down my lower half, been dieting 23 weeks with tons of cardio. My trainer suggested this supplement because I'm pretty young so my estrogen is naturally higher.your having trouble bringing down your lower half?In what way?....is it muscle?....fat?....holding water?....

k8525
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
your having trouble bringing down your lower half?In what way?....is it muscle?....fat?....holding water?....

Fat. My upper body tightens up fast, my diet has been tight with plenty of cardio. I'm thinking the trouble with my bottom half has to do with being young and naturally higher in estrogen.

k8525
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I've heard people having luck with it - its an aromatase inhibitor and not a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM, like nolvadex) so it is primarily operating on the estrogen that results from conversion of either exogenous testosterone (e.g. steroids) or from a small amount of natural androgen your body generates. (This would be the only source of estrogen in a post-menopausal female.) If I recall it has some testosterone booster properties or something like that as well.

I would google "women Garpari Novedex XT" and look for everything you can find that other people have posted on forums or wherever. A lot of using any supplement you're not familiar with is just straight up research that you do yourself - not that everything you read on the internet is to be taken as gospel, but in this case you can look for personal experiences so you have a sense of the range of responses that can happen (as no one person's body chemistry is going to respond the same as everyone else's).

I would pay attention to the sides that you could expect tho so you aren't suprised if you experience them - e.g. will probably interrupt your menstrual cycle for a while. To a degree just a dramatic drop in bodyfat or increase in exercise can do this as well (amenorrhea). Everything tends to come back to normal once your bodyfat is back up (e.g. post contest , > 12%bf) but it can also come back w/a pretty good rebound effect (i.e. water retention, etc.) I suspect acne is also a possible side.

Thank you for the info. In general, are there long-term side effects I should worry about when using an aromatase inhibitor? I'm 24, could short-term use (4 weeks) have a permanent effect on me?

sassy69
06-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Thank you for the info. In general, are there long-term side effects I should worry about when using an aromatase inhibitor? I'm 24, could short-term use (4 weeks) have a permanent effect on me?

Nope.

sassy69
06-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Fat. My upper body tightens up fast, my diet has been tight with plenty of cardio. I'm thinking the trouble with my bottom half has to do with being young and naturally higher in estrogen.

This is very common for most women, period. Its the way estrogen promotes depositing of bodyfat as a survival tactic to store more fat to help support a healthy birth, preserve fat as an enegy source in case of "drought environment" and generally provide more 'padding" around the womb for healthy birth.

s2h
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Novedex XT will not help ya much....my expeience with women that hold fat in there lower half(glutes thru the hams/hip area)is to run...have a friend(female)about your age that competes in figure and she has the same problem...she now runs...distance 2-4 miles and does run/walks and it pulls that fat from her tuff areas very well...i would say dump the cardio stuff at the gym and hit the track...

sassy69
06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
For women, esp those doing their first competition or first time they've ever cut ultra lean, it may take A LOT of cardio and tight dieting, and most likely, more than one cycle of competition prep to "train" your body to be tighter. Essentially you're trying to dramatically alter the "way" your body is. It isn't necessarily going to happen quickly or on the schedule you want.

I've seen some great results from sprinting / HIIT cardio. Personally I still have challenges w/ conditioning in the ass/ hams area. I can't do HIIT cardio very well anymore becaues of shitty knees. But at age 24, I'm sure you can. If its not what you do now, it might require some working up , e.g. 10 min, 15 min , 20 min, and then work that into your program w/ steadystate. (I'd recommend this only if you're not doing a ketogenic diet - keto removes carbs, which are your "burst energy' source. Trying to do any sort of burst exercise I've found just leaves me very winded or light headed.)

Novedex might help some - as I noted, its not addressing your ovarian-originating estrogen, but it does help to tighten up a little (promoting testosterone). Even tho its not literally a steroid, you're impacting your hormones so you will have a period fo time coming off where it will take a while for your natural hormone balance to re-establish itself. This is not particularly dramatic or a big deal - just understand that there are hormone balances readjusting.

For what you're looking for , it might help, but it won't be "the secret weapon".

k8525
06-06-2010, 02:38 AM
For women, esp those doing their first competition or first time they've ever cut ultra lean, it may take A LOT of cardio and tight dieting, and most likely, more than one cycle of competition prep to "train" your body to be tighter. Essentially you're trying to dramatically alter the "way" your body is. It isn't necessarily going to happen quickly or on the schedule you want.

I've seen some great results from sprinting / HIIT cardio. Personally I still have challenges w/ conditioning in the ass/ hams area. I can't do HIIT cardio very well anymore becaues of shitty knees. But at age 24, I'm sure you can. If its not what you do now, it might require some working up , e.g. 10 min, 15 min , 20 min, and then work that into your program w/ steadystate. (I'd recommend this only if you're not doing a ketogenic diet - keto removes carbs, which are your "burst energy' source. Trying to do any sort of burst exercise I've found just leaves me very winded or light headed.)

Novedex might help some - as I noted, its not addressing your ovarian-originating estrogen, but it does help to tighten up a little (promoting testosterone). Even tho its not literally a steroid, you're impacting your hormones so you will have a period fo time coming off where it will take a while for your natural hormone balance to re-establish itself. This is not particularly dramatic or a big deal - just understand that there are hormone balances readjusting.

For what you're looking for , it might help, but it won't be "the secret weapon".

Thank you, this is helpful information! I've been doing a lot of interval cardio and dieting for about 21 weeks. But like you mentioned it's probably going to take a few show-prep cycles.