PDA

View Full Version : Expecting period last week before comp - how to deal??

shankuan
06-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I am curious to know how any of you (that still see a period) were/are able to handle seeing a period in peak week (incl the day b4 or on comp day)? How did it affect you're protocol (whether fat loading, weight fluctuations, ability to drop water etc).

I know different ppl experience the same things differently but I'm just curious to know how you managed with it and whether or not it affected you (positively or negatively) on or before competition day.

LisaRD23
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
oh gawd...girl I got my period 15min before stepping on stage, at my very first show!! I was a mess!!

It came early, so I wasn't expecting it. I would just suggest to keep it in the back of your mind so you're prepared. Keep some tampons on hand, and hopefully you won't bloat too much. You should be pretty dry I'd imagine, so the bloat will probally be minimal.

I wasn't prepared so it messed me up. My focus was not there when I had to go out. I did bloat a little, but by the evening show I was fine. Hopefully if your curse from Eve does arrive...it will either be a day or 2 before so initial crappiness can pass, or better yet it will come the day after!

sassy69
06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I think if you're on BC you can skip the 4th week of placebos and go straight to the next month's pills to put it off.

Pheedno
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM
I've had it happen to a couple of my clients coming into the last week. If you set your water and salt manipulations up right to get ADH down sufficiently, the bloat should be minimal and you can use some asparagus extract tabs on show day to help in drying out a little more if you need it(that's if you're tech free, as my 2 clients were)

In both instances, it ending up being a non-issue

tight booty
06-04-2010, 08:25 PM
It happened to me and if affected how I looked. I was doing a bodybuilding comp though, so I needed to come in as hard as I could. I got down to my desired weight which was 52 kilos ( I was going in the 52 and under kilos cat) and then I noticed that my weight began to go up. Throw in bloat and a sore tummy and I knew my period was coming early. I found that my body wouldn't release the water that it should have when I cut my water out.
I got my period on the day of the comp. I didn't make my weight devision...instead I had to compete in the 52 kilos and over. My weight on the day was 56 kilos. So that was 4 kilos extra that I didn't have up until my hormones kicked in....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

baby gorilla
06-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Do not wear a white posing suit!!

tight booty
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Thank god for tampons...that's all I can say!

Tu Holmes
06-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Basically, you're a woman... I sympathize, but you're screwed.

tight booty
06-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Basically, you're a woman... I sympathize, but you're screwed.
It's one more thing to add in, when competing. That's why men have it easier in a way....they don't have to deal with hormones like we do. Imagine doing your 16 week prep and everything is running on schedule...you are down to the weight you want to be at and then you have your last week which includes the manipulation of carb depleting, carb loading and then dropping water and your period is due!!!!! It throws your last week out....:mad: It is so upsetting....

Suzanne
06-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I found even script diuretic dont' help if the bloat is period related. I think the npc schedules the show based on my cycle i have been due on prejudging days at 6 or more of my shows :mad:

I still get symptoms (water, mood ...) right on sched even if don't actually get it

shankuan
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I think if you're on BC you can skip the 4th week of placebos and go straight to the next month's pills to put it off.

Not on BC so i'll have to ride this one out.

THANK GOD for black suits!!!

Thank god for tampons...that's all I can say!

X10!!!! Never leave home without it!!!

I found even script diuretic dont' help if the bloat is period related. I think the npc schedules the show based on my cycle i have been due on prejudging days at 6 or more of my shows :mad:

I still get symptoms (water, mood ...) right on sched even if don't actually get it

Suzanne, NPC is one with your cycle??? - almost like it's saying "whats one more obstacle for the CHAMP eh?". lol

My one concern is really the bloating and the cramps both of which are horrid on day 1 then all but disappear by day 2/3. I'm honestly not trying to worry too much about it except to be ready for it. I'd rather it be late than early this time around but somehow i doubt it if the last few months are anything to go by (it shows up 2 or so days earlier than i calculate)

InHonorInMind
06-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Jill, totally true but I wouldn't rec'd that. Everytime I try to skip a week, I usually bloat even more bc you don't get that 'release' (for lack of a better word)......sometimes its better to just ride it out. I think you'd probably have to lower your salts etc a lot sooner? To make sure the bloat doesn't affect you.

tight booty
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Not on BC so i'll have to ride this one out.

THANK GOD for black suits!!!

X10!!!! Never leave home without it!!!

Suzanne, NPC is one with your cycle??? - almost like it's saying "whats one more obstacle for the CHAMP eh?". lol

My one concern is really the bloating and the cramps both of which are horrid on day 1 then all but disappear by day 2/3. I'm honestly not trying to worry too much about it except to be ready for it. I'd rather it be late than early this time around but somehow i doubt it if the last few months are anything to go by (it shows up 2 or so days earlier than i calculate)
If you get your period a couple of days before your comp, then you will be able to drop the water and the bloat should be gone before you step on stage. So my advice is don't stress or think about it, just keep going with your prep staying focus and then deal with it, if you have to.

SallyAnne
06-09-2010, 02:15 AM
My period stops when I hit around 15% BF, sometimes higher. I don't get any symptoms after my period stops, either.