PDA

View Full Version : Question on controlling cortisol post cycle?

kratos47
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Was reading through heavys pct protocol and he suggests 3 grams of vitamin c to help combat cortisol. But i have read about that 11oxo is great for controlling cortisol. so it seems like it would be a great addition to this proticol along side the vitamin C. Thoughts?

shorty9
06-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I dont think I would use 11-oxo for controlling cortisol during PCT, bc from what I have read in several sources, 11-oxo has some anabolic properties and activity on its own and can be slightly suppressive. I dont think it is anything dramatic, but bc of this would worry that it may be slightly suppressive in its own right. if it isnt dramatically suppressive, or even if it doesnt effect HPTA fuction and natural testosterone production at all, why risk taking something that may hinder your recovery at such a delicate time? Anything that can tip the balance in your favor as far as holding on to muscle, limiting storage of adipose tissue, and recovery of full HPTA function could be beneficial when coming off of AAS, and on the flip side anything that could cause the opposite I wouldnt touch with a 10ft pole.
-That being said, Competitive Edge Labs (used to produce alot of quality PH at damn good prices) has a product called "suppress-c" that is meant to help reduce cortisol levels temporarily. It doesnt totally block production of cortisol by adrenals, which something like Cytadren can do-which can be dangerous and potentially detrimental to ones health. I have read alot of positive reviews of the product, and it sounds interesting. Enough so that I went ahead and bought a couple of bottles to throw in when run pct for cycle I just started. I dont shell out money on supplements lightly, especially not something that hasnt been "tried and true" and has survived the test of time bc their is so much crap out there. Tfsupplements.com carries Suppress-C which was on sale, 29.95/bottle, with each bottle contains 120ml. which is 60servings. I figured for that price, with the positive reviews, if it actually works the way it is supposed to, then it could be an awesome tool to use with rest of pct protocol.

shorty9
06-04-2010, 09:56 PM
cheers,
Shorty