PDA

View Full Version : Which birth control methods do YOU use?

nicoledominique
06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
As I get older, I realize more and more that I don`t really want children.
My boyfriend and I have so much that we want to do together in our lives and a baby really doesn`t fit into the mix. Not to mention the toll it would take on my body if I were to go through pregnancy and labour....I just don`t even want to think about it!

So my question is, what birth control do you ladies use and why? Maybe stupid, but for the past 3 years my boyfriend and I have been using the `pullout` method. I am starting to get fearful that if an accident ever did happen, we would be stuck in a situation neither of us really want.

I don`t really want to use birth control (more female hormones??), and I am trying to find other methods. Is there a birth control out there that any of you would recommend, being muscular, athletic women?

Any input is greatly appreciated....

stephaniewicked
06-06-2010, 07:06 PM
If you don't want kids, why don't you try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iud?

I'm on the ring, which is a low dose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NuvaRing... I'm happy with this method since I quit the pill last year, but it's still a hormonal-related birth control.

Other than that, there's always condoms... but most people I know in committed and/or long-term relationships don't usually want to use them. :dunno:

GirlyMuscle
06-06-2010, 07:19 PM
If I had to think about this I would use a non-hormonal IUD.

tight booty
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
If I had to think about this I would use a non-hormonal IUD. I had the mirena in for a few days, had to have it taken out due to heavy and non stop bleeding but I think that was due to the hormones because the pill makes me bleed non stop as well. So I wish they have of tried me with the non hormone kind, but I was pushed into the mirena. But having said that, if you have a shallow vagina (which I do) then the string/wire attached to the IUD can be felt when you insert your finger. That was another reason why I had it removed because I didn't like the thought of having the man feel this wire inside me. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole....:hypno: I knew I did the right thing, having it removed.....;)
I have a friend who had her IUD go missing and had to have surgery to have it removed. Another woman had her IUD pierce her bladder and she was very sick for at least 18 months. Last I heard she was sueing the doctor who put it in....not sure what has happened.

sassy69
06-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I have a Mirena and have had no issues at all with it.

stl50
06-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I had the essure clips inserted into both tubes and LOVE it! It's an outpatient procedure and takes 3 to 6 months to be completely effective.
However, it is permanent, but it was completely covered under my health insurance (my pills weren't...WTF??). I, like you, decided I didn't want kids, and was tired of taking pills/hormones everyday that were making me cranky(er) and fat.

LisaRD23
06-07-2010, 09:30 AM
once I got off hormonal BC I haven't wanted to do back. Hubby and I just use condoms and when we don't want to use I use a spermacide gel (after I make sure I'm not near my ovulation week)

nicoledominique
06-07-2010, 09:49 AM
These are all great suggestions!! Thank you all...I had no idea about the copper iud (non-hormonal).

I am going to have to do my research. I read up a bit on the iud and apparently a lot of doctors will not insert into a woman who has never been pregnant! The string thing does weird me out a little bit...and the pain that comes with insertion.

Thanks again!

stephaniewicked
06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
That was another reason why I had it removed because I didn't like the thought of having the man feel this wire inside me. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole....:hypno:

Umm, OWW!!

cat
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
"My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole...."

And THAT in and of itself would be sufficient to end the festivities!!!

So maybe that's how it functions as 'birth control'...

Ibarramedia
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I had the mirena in for a few days, had to have it taken out due to heavy and non stop bleeding but I think that was due to the hormones because the pill makes me bleed non stop as well. So I wish they have of tried me with the non hormone kind, but I was pushed into the mirena. But having said that, if you have a shallow vagina (which I do) then the string/wire attached to the IUD can be felt when you insert your finger. That was another reason why I had it removed because I didn't like the thought of having the man feel this wire inside me. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole....:hypno: I knew I did the right thing, having it removed.....;)
I have a friend who had her IUD go missing and had to have surgery to have it removed. Another woman had her IUD pierce her bladder and she was very sick for at least 18 months. Last I heard she was sueing the doctor who put it in....not sure what has happened.

You're deadly Karen. We would howl like a wolf in pain. Yikes.

tight booty
06-07-2010, 11:49 PM
And THAT in and of itself would be sufficient to end the festivities!!!

So maybe that's how it functions as 'birth control'...
Exactly and that in itself was enough to turn me off sex. I didn't want to have sex with that foreign object inside me.....so I had it removed a few days later.

tight booty
06-07-2010, 11:51 PM
You're deadly Karen. We would howl like a wolf in pain. Yikes.
I never tried it out! I didn't want the dam thing in, especially with all the bleeding. Once it came out, I felt relieved.

tight booty
06-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Umm, OWW!!
My doctor told me it did hurt the men he had spoken to. If a woman has a shallow vagina in otherwords she is not that deep, then she really isn't a candiate for a IUD. I just wasn't....and that's cool! :)

Ibarramedia
06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
A little off topic: I have heard stories of some prostitutes with blades in their vagina. *** Shudders***

tight booty
06-08-2010, 12:01 AM
A little off topic: I have heard stories of some prostitutes with blades in their vagina. *** Shudders***
Omggggg that is evil! They must hate men, to do that and have serious issues!
I couldn't even have sex with my then boyfriend, knowing I had that wire inside me. He was upset that I went and had it removed, but it was my body and I wasn't happy and the constant bleeding.....I just knew that it wouldn't go away because the mirena releases hormones into the unterus and I have never been able to take the pill due to the constant bleeding etc.
I knew that if I kept the mirena in just to make him happy, I would have left him out of resentment. I ended up leaving him anyway, shortly afterwards so.....:dunno:

Wetdawg
06-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Omggggg that is evil! They must hate men, to do that and have serious issues!
I couldn't even have sex with my then boyfriend, knowing I had that wire inside me. He was upset that I went and had it removed, but it was my body and I wasn't happy and the constant bleeding.....I just knew that it wouldn't go away because the mirena releases hormones into the unterus and I have never been able to take the pill due to the constant bleeding etc.
I knew that if I kept the mirena in just to make him happy, I would have left him out of resentment. I ended up leaving him anyway, shortly afterwards so.....:dunno:
It should be something both in the relationship share. Selfish that he wanted you to bare the burden. He couldn't wrap that rascal? We had our kids, Was less complicated for the male, so I got the snip, throwing blanks since 1998.

The Big Sexy
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm batting 100% with the old pull out and skeet. No pregos in the past I don't even know how many years of relationships.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
06-08-2010, 12:27 AM

I most certainly cannot speak for now, but I heard that during Vietnam War, a lot of the prostitutes had razor blades in their mouths and vaginas, and were quick to lure in an American soldier to wound him.

Wetdawg
06-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I most certainly cannot speak for now, but I heard that during Vietnam War, a lot of the prostitutes had razor blades in their mouths and vaginas, and were quick to lure in an American soldier to wound him.
Never heard that, More stories about Black VD from that place/time frame. Razors I heard were in gang members women, in case they were jumped by rivals.

Ibarramedia
06-08-2010, 12:36 AM

I think that is similar to the stories I heard.

tight booty
06-08-2010, 03:52 AM
It should be something both in the relationship share. Selfish that he wanted you to bare the burden. He couldn't wrap that rascal? We had our kids, Was less complicated for the male, so I got the snip, throwing blanks since 1998.
Yes, selfish that he didn't care about my health or well being. Which btw, sealed the deal for me leaving him. The previous boyfriend before him told me he wanted me to go off the pill, when my period was 21 days straight and didn't look like it was stopping. It wasn't light spotting btw, it was a full on period. I was depleted in iron, miserable and going to become broke from constantly purchasing tampons...not to mention that I was worried about having a tampon in me 24/7.

tight booty
06-08-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm batting 100% with the old pull out and skeet. No pregos in the past I don't even know how many years of relationships.
I always used this.....it's great and the best birth control! :yep:

nicoledominique
06-08-2010, 08:46 AM

I always used this.....it's great and the best birth control! :yep: I agree in a way BUT I am very scared of an accident happening! I have been reading up a lot on the copper iud, but I really don't want strings hanging down inside of me. Also, you mentioned that some women are not candidates for it - well I am only 5'0 (short body), so I think this may very well apply to me.

Hmmm.....

musclemilf
06-08-2010, 09:29 AM

I have a beautiful 21 year old daughter from using this very method :D

Pre-ejaculation does contain sperm....most men can't control or detect pre-ejac

LisaRD23
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM

I have a 13yr old using this method....

cat
06-08-2010, 02:52 PM

Okay, add another to this 'method'..... I'm paying college tuition for my "pull out and skeet". :yep:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Keep trying to beat the clock if you want to. One day, you are going to lose though. :yep:

Jello
06-08-2010, 03:12 PM

I got clipped after my daughter was born. After watching what my wife went through with both kids I felt that doing that was the least I could do.

I keep telling her it was really so I could fool around on her and not worry about getting anyone pregnant. She never finds that very funny though:dunno:

tight booty
06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I agree in a way BUT I am very scared of an accident happening! I have been reading up a lot on the copper iud, but I really don't want strings hanging down inside of me. Also, you mentioned that some women are not candidates for it - well I am only 5'0 (short body), so I think this may very well apply to me.

Hmmm.....
I am not sure if height comes into it. I am 5'4 and have a shallow vagina and my best friend is 5'1 and doesn't. When you go for an examination, the doctor will measure you. The thing that urks me, is the doctor knew I had a shallow vagina and yet she pushed for me to have the mirean IUD. When I went back and saw her about it very upset, she said I had a shallow one...:dunno:
So my advice would be to bring this up when you have a consultation with your doc. Ask as many questions as you can, until you feel comfortable and confidant to make a decision.

GENESIS
06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Pull and Pray....

tight booty
06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Anal sex is 100% foolproof....:p

Sledge
06-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole....:hypno: .

Some guys pay extra for that.

Sledge
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I've heard that the sperm have trouble surviving through the digestive tract. So really shouldn''t be an issue.

tight booty
06-09-2010, 01:07 AM
I've heard that the sperm have trouble surviving through the digestive tract. So really shouldn''t be an issue.
Exactly and they never find an egg in the booty.....:yep:

tight booty
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Some guys pay extra for that.
Some guys are just sickos...:dunno:

Jello
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Exactly and they never find an egg in the booty.....:yep:

That's twice you made a reference to ass play, are you in need of some and haven't been getting it?

Ibarramedia
06-09-2010, 07:53 PM
AsS heard on the radio show, she likes it. ;)

tight booty
06-10-2010, 01:43 AM
That's twice you made a reference to ass play, are you in need of some and haven't been getting it?
Yes and even if I was getting some, I would probably still be making references to ass play........hehehe :p

tight booty
06-10-2010, 01:45 AM
AsS heard on the radio show, she likes it. ;)

:atm:

nicoledominique
06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh man, what did my thread turn into??!

GirlyMuscle
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
There's a lot of pervs around, Nicole. Just ignore. Or join in. :D

nicoledominique
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
There's a lot of pervs around, Nicole. Just ignore. Or join in. :D Well, I like being a perv just as much as the next one! However, I do draw the line at ass play! :p

SweetCapri
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Is ass play a form of birth control? Muahahahaha.

fitmomma3
06-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Ewww the IUD story from TB is freaking me out... honestly as naive as it sounds I could never do it cause to me it looks like just leaving a tampon in and it grosses me out, now hearing the wire being felt I'm def good... pull out works when done properly lmao I can't believe we as adults are saying this is ok but more people use that method than want to admit... No judgment but if you're using that method and not in committed long term relationships ewwww... but pregnancy related... it can get very sloppy and make babies, few drinks delayed reaction... a little to greedy towards the end... lol... thats too risky... also risky,condoms... seriously get a little crazy, upside down, or too much squeezing and accidently you could pull one off and not even know... just saying...

fitmomma3
06-10-2010, 11:51 PM

or the throat :p

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/E-baine/jokes%20cartoons/tonsils.jpg

GENESIS
06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
pull out works when done properly lmao I can't believe we as adults are saying this is ok but more people use that method than want to admit... No judgment but if you're using that method and not in committed long term relationships ewwww... but pregnancy related... it can get very sloppy and make babies, few drinks delayed reaction... a little to greedy towards the end... lol... thats too risky... also risky,condoms... seriously get a little crazy, upside down, or too much squeezing and accidently you could pull one off and not even know... just saying...

excellent post. I agree with all of it. when im not with my girlfriend, i definatly wrap it up.

lol@ being greedy towards the end...

sassy69
06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
excellent post. I agree with all of it. when im not with my girlfriend, i definatly wrap it up.

:confused:

nicoledominique
06-11-2010, 04:25 PM
:confused: My thoughts exactly...I started to write a response, and I didn't even know what to say!

haha

cat
06-12-2010, 01:41 AM

:slap:

neofarq
06-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Safest bet is to date a guy on the sauce, pretty solid chances he's firing blanks!

PTB
06-15-2010, 02:44 PM

x2.

My wife and I have 3, and we knew we didn't want anymore. We made a deal with the 3rd one.... if by any reason, she had to have a C-section, then she'd get her tubes tied, otherwise, I'd get the v-sect.

It was the smoothest of all 3 deliveries, so I lost.....

So I'm shooting blanks right now, but now while everything works fine, I've lost a bit of velocity and distance with those bullets. :p

GENESIS
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
My thoughts exactly...I started to write a response, and I didn't even know what to say!

haha

:slap:

:confused:

You cant applaud a guy for making sure his women is safe? geez... women these days.

ohhhh.... im on the girls forum..... carry on....

sassy69
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
You cant applaud a guy for making sure his women is safe? geez... women these days.

ohhhh.... im on the girls forum..... carry on....

Well, you said "girlfriend' which implies some sort of relationship that we generally consider exclusive. Hell even here I can't figure out -- you make sure your "women" is safe? "Women" is plural, but "is" is singular.

Not knowing the nature of your relationship w/ your "girlfriend", I'm curious if you consider it cheating to just get blow jobs?

Jello
06-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, you said "girlfriend' which implies some sort of relationship that we generally consider exclusive. Hell even here I can't figure out -- you make sure your "women" is safe? "Women" is plural, but "is" is singular.

Not knowing the nature of your relationship w/ your "girlfriend", I'm curious if you consider it cheating to just get blow jobs?

Strange question, I say if you don't want her doing it with someone else and you do it, it's cheating.

GENESIS
06-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Woman* sorry. Monogamy is a novelty idea. If i ever settle down and MARRY her, i would consider it "cheating".... until then, NO.

Side question: does curt ever log in under your username?

Jello
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Woman* sorry. Monogamy is a novelty idea. If i ever settle down and MARRY her, i would consider it "cheating".... until then, NO.

So with that theory in mind, say your girl went out with her friends and hooked up with a guy at a club or something and he went down on her, you wouldn't care? What if she gave some random guy a blow job? That would be the same as you getting one wouldn't it? Just asking.

sassy69
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM

LOL - I'm not trying to be an ass. It just hit a couple of us funny how you said when you're not w/ your girlfriend, and we wondered.

Jello
06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Yes and even if I was getting some, I would probably still be making references to ass play........hehehe :p

You get reps for that one babe:hmn:

GENESIS
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
So with that theory in mind, say your girl went out with her friends and hooked up with a guy at a club or something and he went down on her, you wouldn't care? What if she gave some random guy a blow job? That would be the same as you getting one wouldn't it? Just asking.

It would be, but that scanerio wouldnt play out in real life. TRUST me... lol.

sassy69
06-15-2010, 07:54 PM

And reversing that, your girl doesn't care if you share, even if you're wrapping it?

Jello
06-16-2010, 11:30 AM
It would be, but that scanerio wouldnt play out in real life. TRUST me... lol.

Ok, but if she did you would stay with her? I guess it would make you a hypocrite if you didn't, but you could honestly forgive and forget if she did that as long as you guys are not married.

Jello
06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
And reversing that, your girl doesn't care if you share, even if you're wrapping it?

I would find that hard to believe. Only way that would be possible is if she is getting some on the side herself.

GENESIS
06-16-2010, 01:02 PM

What one doesnt know, cannot cause harm.

Ok, but if she did you would stay with her? I guess it would make you a hypocrite if you didn't, but you could honestly forgive and forget if she did that as long as you guys are not married.

:hmn:

sassy69
06-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Not always true. Good luck w/ that.

cat
06-16-2010, 02:27 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of that if i were you.......:whistle:

GENESIS
06-16-2010, 02:35 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of that if i were you.......:whistle:

Sure, If you take it out of the context that im using it in.

Jello
06-16-2010, 05:49 PM

So is this more of an open relationship? As long as you guys don't talk about it then it's O.K.

I know a few people that are that way, I couldn't be, but as long as it's working for you:dunno:

sassy69
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
So is this more of an open relationship? As long as you guys don't talk about it then it's O.K.

I know a few people that are that way, I couldn't be, but as long as it's working for you:dunno:

Tiger thought it would work.. but it kinda backfired on him.

cat
06-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Tiger thought it would work.. but it kinda backfired on him.

he he

kentuckyslim
07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Anywaaaaayyy....:zip:

Nicoledominique, I got my Paraguard (copper IUD) a month ago, and I love it. I wanted to get off of hormonal birth control because my mother has estrogen-receptive breast cancer, therefore pumping artificial estrogens into my body seemed like a bad idea to me. Plus, the pill made me moody and KILLED my sex drive!

I wouldn't recommend the Nuva-Ring, everyone I know massively evil mood swings, including yours truly.

Wetdawg
07-01-2010, 01:17 PM
We said the heck with it and had three kids!

dcbaker
08-07-2010, 02:43 PM
The one thing with the copper iud is that it causes heavy and painful bleeding...

sassy69
08-07-2010, 06:26 PM
The one thing with the copper iud is that it causes heavy and painful bleeding...

This is why they often recommend a Mirena if you choose to go that route. I've had mine for 3 yrs now w/ absolutely no issue.

Kekoa
08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Girl on top, the gravity will stop her from getting prego.

sassy69
08-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Girl on top, the gravity will stop her from getting prego.

You take that to the bank?

The Big Sexy
08-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Did I already post on here the "Skeet Technique"? I think I did... if I didn't, then I was high and just making up false memories.

jciii1976
08-30-2010, 06:02 PM
my wife has an iud. works just fine but i can actually feel it inside her.

what ever happened to just swallowing?

fitmomma3
08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I need to revist this subject again... beside IUD... which are the best and least hormonal... I am not a fan of BC tried it for years and at first it was great but then I had spotting (like 3 weeks out of the month, thats birth control ritgh there! who the hell feels sexy with that going on) and weight gain like 7 pounds I could not shake from the depo and came off and voilla gone! I NEED to find something though... I'm having ovulations that are worse than my periods (cramping pain, vomiting, the whole nine) and my doc is recommending a BC to help... my issue is too much estrogen (high breast cancer risk) and break through bleeding or wight gain... at this point my ovulation are taking me to my knees and if I can't get it under control with BC I have to have a laparoscopy which I'm trying to avoid... suggestions? again? thanks! my appointments on the 8th and if I can research some before then that I think may work that would be great!

musclemilf
08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I need to revist this subject again... beside IUD... which are the best and least hormonal... I am not a fan of BC tried it for years and at first it was great but then I had spotting (like 3 weeks out of the month, thats birth control ritgh there! who the hell feels sexy with that going on) and weight gain like 7 pounds I could not shake from the depo and came off and voilla gone! I NEED to find something though... I'm having ovulations that are worse than my periods (cramping pain, vomiting, the whole nine) and my doc is recommending a BC to help... my issue is too much estrogen (high breast cancer risk) and break through bleeding or wight gain... at this point my ovulation are taking me to my knees and if I can't get it under control with BC I have to have a laparoscopy which I'm trying to avoid... suggestions? again? thanks! my appointments on the 8th and if I can research some before then that I think may work that would be great!

Can't really answer the BC question but I'd like to shed some light to what is possibly going on:

It's likely not too much estrogen , it's sounds like too much progesterone. Progesterone takes a dominant role in the luteal phase of your cycle to suppress estrogen and prepares your body for possible pregnancy. P can cause bloating, diarrhea irritability , food cravings, just to name a few. Estrogen gets such a bad rep without people really understanding a woman's endocrine system. It's the imbalance of female hormones that cause problems, not the hormones themselves.

sassy69
08-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Progesterone ... the OTHER hormone.

musclemilf
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Progesterone ... the OTHER hormone.

You mean progesterone, the EVIL hormone.lol

sassy69
08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
You mean progesterone, the EVIL hormone.lol

Kinda .. exactly -- people don't realize when that's the one that is off and causing all sorts of chaos because people never think about it. Its always either test or estro. Also some exogenous test promotes progest so they don't make that connection in evaluating results / effects.

fitmomma3
08-31-2010, 05:32 PM
see i just rememebr when I was on BC they can tell by which day you start having break through bleeding which hormone is affecting you negatively and I always seemed to do better with higher progesterone based BCs but my bodys changed a lot in the last few years since I had my boys so this is good info thanks!

foxbody351w
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Can't really answer the BC question but I'd like to shed some light to what is possibly going on:

It's likely not too much estrogen , it's sounds like too much progesterone. Progesterone takes a dominant role in the luteal phase of your cycle to suppress estrogen and prepares your body for possible pregnancy. P can cause bloating, diarrhea irritability , food cravings, just to name a few. Estrogen gets such a bad rep without people really understanding a woman's endocrine system. It's the imbalance of female hormones that cause problems, not the hormones themselves.

I got my tubes tied 2 years ago because I wanted a non-hormonal approach to BC and because I had insurance at the time and my bf didnt so it was free for me to get done....long story short...

I would NEVER recommend having your tubes tied EVER...2 years after having your tubes tied your progesterone starts declining..in my case preparing for a competition and getting my bodyfat low on top of already low progesterone was MAJOR health issues for me. I lost tons of hair, started gaining weight rapidly despite strict diet and cardio, anxiety, fatigue, and it caused me to have major thyroid issues that Im still battling with today. Im 24 and now on HRT, Thyroid meds for hypothyroid, and my hair has still not grown back:(

Doctors will tell you there are NO long term side effects to tubal ligation but that may be true for an average woman, but women who compete or take lifting and their body composition seriously will develop major hormone issues. If I could take back tying my tubes I would in a heart beat. Obviously there are women that can fare well with tubal, there are always exceptions to everything. It just seemed that not many ppl responded to this post have had their tubes tied so I wanted to give my opinion.

If you search Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome you can see the things that COULD happen after having this procedure.

musclemilf
10-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I got my tubes tied 2 years ago because I wanted a non-hormonal approach to BC and because I had insurance at the time and my bf didnt so it was free for me to get done....long story short...

I would NEVER recommend having your tubes tied EVER...2 years after having your tubes tied your progesterone starts declining..in my case preparing for a competition and getting my bodyfat low on top of already low progesterone was MAJOR health issues for me. I lost tons of hair, started gaining weight rapidly despite strict diet and cardio, anxiety, fatigue, and it caused me to have major thyroid issues that Im still battling with today. Im 24 and now on HRT, Thyroid meds for hypothyroid, and my hair has still not grown back:(

Doctors will tell you there are NO long term side effects to tubal ligation but that may be true for an average woman, but women who compete or take lifting and their body composition seriously will develop major hormone issues. If I could take back tying my tubes I would in a heart beat. Obviously there are women that can fare well with tubal, there are always exceptions to everything. It just seemed that not many ppl responded to this post have had their tubes tied so I wanted to give my opinion.

If you search Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome you can see the things that COULD happen after having this procedure.

First off, I'm very sorry to hear you had a tubal at such a young age. I'd like to share my story with you, if I may.

I had mine done at 28 years old, after my third child was born. I cruised for about 5 or 6 years with no symptoms, then the heavy duty periods started (flooding requiring a towel between my legs, I kid you not). Right around my late 30's I started having panic attacks, depression, heart palps, hair loss, night sweats, insomnia, you name it. This went on until my period stopped at 45. I was "okay" for a couple of years until I dieted down last year and my estradiol levels were almost non-existent. If I wasn't getting a panic attack walking down the hall, I felt like crawling into a dark hole to die. Waning estradiol levels can have a profound impact on your emotional well being.

I've been on small dosages of bio-identical hormone and feel like I'm 30 again. Some doctors are beginning to realize how important HRT is, but most will throw antidepressants at you and tell you it's all in your head.

I also believe the tubal caused in imbalance that led to menopause at such a young age. I had post partum depression with 2 of 3 kids, so I look back and tell myself "hmmm, there's a pattern here..."

•P®øD¶G¥•
10-13-2010, 01:48 AM
When are the best (when risk of preg. is low) & Worst (when risk is high) times to fuck without condoms & pulling out only?

Those who used spermicide gel, any issues with it (without condoms) for either one?

musclemilf
10-13-2010, 07:25 AM
When are the best (when risk of preg. is low) & Worst (when risk is high) times to fuck without condoms & pulling out only?

Those who used spermicide gel, any issues with it (without condoms) for either one?

There are many humans running around on the planet who are the product of the "pulling out method".

foxbody351w
10-13-2010, 07:55 AM

Hmmm yeah I would really want to go down on a girl if shes full of chemical goop that I would imagine tastes like crap. You have to put it on a certain time before sex for it to be effective so it would be too complicated IMO than to just use a condom or BCP.

If your girl is disciplined enough to track her ovulation with the rythm method then she SHOULD be smart enough to know it doesnt work effectively.

And if you are hooking up randomly and using the pullout method and the women are okay with this method as the ONLY protection, then they are probably not telling you they have STD's or want to get pregnant so they can get child support from you!

Medium Extreme
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry ladies but damn does all this cycle talk turn me on!!

danieleslinger02
03-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I think you really you just get your man all sauced up and be happy. He'll be big, have small nuts that bang the back of your ass when your getting it on, and most all, the swimmers will be dumb with no direction. Nothing like firing blanks. I cum in my girlfriend everytime we have sex, and since she competes and bloats on the pill we keep her off of it. Well, I let lose, and knock on wood, nothing yet.

jmmass2003
03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Hello! I have the Mirena IUD and LOVE it! You have to give it a good couple months for your body to get used to it and the bleeding to stop. I never bled heavily, but just frequent spotting and now I have a VERY light 2 day period. I've had no side effects from it, have competed and am so glad I chose this method.

Wetdawg
03-12-2011, 12:23 PM
One the receiving end of all of this:

My oldest daughter got engaged in February to a Chinese national he is here studying to be one of the first Chiropractors in China. My daughter was home from Korea (She teaches English) on vacation when they got engaged. No date was set, sometime in 2012 when they get thier careers rolling. My wife tells me that she talked to my daughter and they have to get married in August now.
So I'm freaking out trying to add 9 months from February wondering how in the hell did they not use something so this did not happen. My wife is going over the fact they need to get married here in America, not over in China in 2012 as they had planned. I barley remember anything she said, i was still counting months and due dates. My wife finally tells me that they are getting married because he being from China has to remain in country (USA) for 6 months after the marriage before he can leave, which will be in time for him to graduate school.
I am still calming down from my assumption. Please use protection, some father somewhere is gonna freak out for 9 months

nicoledominique
03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
I think you really you just get your man all sauced up and be happy. He'll be big, have small nuts that bang the back of your ass when your getting it on, and most all, the swimmers will be dumb with no direction. Nothing like firing blanks. I cum in my girlfriend everytime we have sex, and since she competes and bloats on the pill we keep her off of it. Well, I let lose, and knock on wood, nothing yet.

This is a great option! I was wondering if it has the same effects on female reproduction?? I am sure it must...

Since I posted this thread, we are now engaged and DEFINITELY do not want children! I am going to try to convince him to get snipped! ;)

Medium Extreme
05-27-2011, 09:27 PM
I pull out

sassy69
05-28-2011, 01:18 AM
I pull out

They call you "Daddy", huh?

The Prodigy
06-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Hello! I have the Mirena IUD and LOVE it! You have to give it a good couple months for your body to get used to it and the bleeding to stop. I never bled heavily, but just frequent spotting and now I have a VERY light 2 day period. I've had no side effects from it, have competed and am so glad I chose this method.

Does anyone have the non hormone copper IUD?

pillowtalk
06-02-2011, 02:41 AM
I have a beautiful 21 year old daughter from using this very method :D

Pre-ejaculation does contain sperm....most men can't control or detect pre-ejac

PRE CUM DEFINITELY has sperm in it. I know many women who have gotten pregnant the pull-out method (including myself).

As far as TB saying anal is 100%-NOPE! Any type of dick fluid below the navel area is at risk for swimming up into the crotch and knocking someone up and the ass is certainly not far from there!lol

I had a tubal ligation (cauterization to be extra sure!) when I was in my mid-late 20's and NEVER had any hormonal side side effects, etc. as mentioned by the other ladies in this thread who had it done. I think it was one of the best decisions in my life-very safe, very easy to recover from, tiny incision-no trace of scar, and best of all----NO MORE KIDS!!!!

GirlyMuscle
06-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Abstinence. :D That's my method. LOL

The Prodigy
11-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Has anyone gotten an IUD recently?

GENESIS
11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
PRE CUM DEFINITELY has sperm in it. I know many women who have gotten pregnant the pull-out method (including myself).

I cant imagine the evolutionary advantages of wasting good swimmers on the lubrication process.

Are you SURE that guy pulled out before he began to come? Or is there a possibility he got a little greedy?

BC123Jm
11-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I cant imagine the evolutionary advantages of wasting good swimmers on the lubrication process.

Are you SURE that guy pulled out before he began to come? Or is there a possibility he got a little greedy?

lol. i'm way to greedy

GENESIS
11-04-2011, 12:19 PM
lol. i'm way to greedy

Every guy does. Myself included when im a little drunk. Thats actually why we switched to blowjobs or on the rare occasion anal if we are engaging in illicit activity after a few pints.

Hell get greedy and then lie (ya i pulled).

Then you make baby.

txhawkeyes
11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
My doctor told me it did hurt the men he had spoken to. If a woman has a shallow vagina in otherwords she is not that deep, then she really isn't a candiate for a IUD. I just wasn't....and that's cool! :)

Don't anyone tell my wife that there is such a THING as a shallow vagina !!!!!! Right now, I think she is convinced I am just HUGE !!!!! Let's keep it that way !

Seriously, my wife has the SubMerina. And, it does make her Estrogen a little high. BUT, things have been perfect for almost ten years with that product for her, as well as convenient too. No monthly visitor at all. (She has gone through 2-3 I think in that time frame? ) So the question came up, should I get snipped, and then she could go without? She doesn't want the monthly visitor, so she is staying on it.

Then, there is the lowered Libido question, which is a result of the hormones that raise her Est a little. Ms Sally A has suggested an Estrogen lowering product, can't recall the name, but that is one solution. With my wife's Doc, they have her on two OTC things...Pregnenolone, which is a precursor to DHEA, Test and many hormones.....and also has her on an Adrenal Extract.. Both of those have increased her energy, perked her up, and brought her Libido around some. (I used to think it was just that I all of a sudden got handsome...but I checked, its not that ! :P)

We have two little girls, don't need another boy or girl, so it is still something we deal with. The SUBmarina has worked well for her. And she is a Mom, and just started training hard about last Dec. She has toned up, lost weight, going for that last ten pounds..... If you were already training, and were already down to show shape, starting the Merina would be a lot easier I would think. You could roll with the changes as they came, and adjust.

Being on Merina (which kinda makes your body act as though you were pregnant ) made it hard to start training and get results. But she has come a long way and can see her finish line.

Here is a picture of her when I get home at night...

:bouncy:

Right before she gets in the shower......

:flash2:

And finally what I see when I get out of the shower......
pulling me towards her like a MAGNET......

:wiggle:

txhawkeyes
11-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Or, you could just do it this way.....?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXvDGUiWAjhT4Fo37MFBqzdIkyi20k0 WPZ5zoTywUUo10kDiTyXQ

txhawkeyes
11-04-2011, 04:22 PM

....then there's the getting through the airport scanner problem.....

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP....Ma'am, are you wearing a watch, rings....?"
"No"
"Do you have a belt on with a metal buckle?"
"no"
"Do you have any coins in your pockets, anything metal?"
"NO"

"Well, if you shine your FLASHLIGHT up into my Vah JayJay ...yeah, right up there....look all the way up there...I have a copper IUD."

"Well, Ma'am, I hate to ask you, but can you put it in this dish?"

""Sure. Can I borrow a fishing pole with a hook on it, or maybe a set of needle nose pliers? It'll only take a sec."

:jump:

Man, I LOVE this thread.

SheWulf
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
^^ LOL, I can see it now!

"TSA agent yanks string to woman's IUD"

txhawkeyes
11-05-2011, 09:24 AM
That's the problem. We ask TSA to do the things that they have to for security, and then we chastise them for doing it. I want em there, patting people down...keeps me safe.

They pat someone down who has an attitude, and the person then tries to get em in trouble for doing their job.

AP
TSA ARRESTED FOR PULLING OUT WOMAN"S IUD

A man in LAX today was arrested today for reaching into a woman's happy cavern and pulling out her IUD. At first, the woman asked him to reach in and pull it out, so she could get through the scanner without it beeping. But then, after reaching in, the woman noticed that the TSA person's arm was completely engulfed between her legs, and his cheek was pressing up against her belly button. The woman then turned on the TSA person and became irate when he started kissing her belly button ring.

Said the TSA person...." I just couldn't help it." :yep:

The Prodigy
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Don't get the IUD............It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO painful to get put in....TRUST me!!!!

Dkp5818
11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
I have an iud and it's great! Except the low sex drive, mood swings and of course the FAT! it's stubborn, so I would say weigh the options, I'm seriously considering getting it taken out, just dont want another kid right now

The Prodigy
11-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I have an iud and it's great! Except the low sex drive, mood swings and of course the FAT! it's stubborn, so I would say weigh the options, I'm seriously considering getting it taken out, just dont want another kid right now

Which one did you get?

sassy69
11-28-2011, 01:57 AM

I second that - what did you get? The std copper IUD is NON-hormonal - there is no reason you should be gaining fat or any other estro-related issues. The alternative is a Mirena, which is only a very small-dose, slow release progesterone IUD that helps to reduce bleeding often experienced w/ the copper IUD.

sassy69
11-28-2011, 02:11 AM
That's the problem. We ask TSA to do the things that they have to for security, and then we chastise them for doing it. I want em there, patting people down...keeps me safe.

They pat someone down who has an attitude, and the person then tries to get em in trouble for doing their job.

AP
TSA ARRESTED FOR PULLING OUT WOMAN"S IUD

A man in LAX today was arrested today for reaching into a woman's happy cavern and pulling out her IUD. At first, the woman asked him to reach in and pull it out, so she could get through the scanner without it beeping. But then, after reaching in, the woman noticed that the TSA person's arm was completely engulfed between her legs, and his cheek was pressing up against her belly button. The woman then turned on the TSA person and became irate when he started kissing her belly button ring.

Said the TSA person...." I just couldn't help it." :yep:

I'm sorry but wtf is this? The size of the law suit that would follow something like this is just about as obscene as the event itself.

Dkp5818
11-28-2011, 06:38 PM
It's the Mirena, and I swear it's killed me, after I got it put in I'm having those issues that I posted above I want to try the copper one, really don't want another bout with kids

The Prodigy
01-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Anyone who has an IUD have increased side effects during your period the first couple of months having it in? I am finding the side effects to be double!

sassy69
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Anyone who has an IUD have increased side effects during your period the first couple of months having it in? I am finding the side effects to be double!

I had zero issues. Tho my period was pretty short to begin w/. There always seems to be the chance of craziness for the first 1-3 months after you make a change to you hormone profile while your body is figuring out wtf is going on. I'd expect it to settle down quickly. Otherwise talk to your doc about it.

juiceinator3000
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Snippage=winning. I don't like any girl I'm with having to be on BC it's too much of a roller coaster ride I've noticed. And it's almost impossible to get a copper iud unless you have kids and are a certain age

GENESIS
01-25-2012, 06:48 PM
are you talking about a vasectomy?

Diggy
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I use the booty hole on mi lady

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

juiceinator3000
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
are you talking about a vasectomy?
Yep.

GENESIS
01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Yep.

Seriously? You had a vasectomy?

I dont think i would be able to let anyone snip anything of mine down there.

Brave bro. Brave...

The Prodigy
01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I am not married and have no kids and I had no problem getting my copper IUD!

These first few months the sides have been bad tho!

Blackwell
01-25-2012, 10:48 PM
The 3 month shot combined with pulling out pretty much guarantees I won't be having any rugrats anytime soon

juiceinator3000
01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Seriously? You had a vasectomy?

I dont think i would be able to let anyone snip anything of mine down there.

Brave bro. Brave...
It was nothing. I walked out of there and went to class right after. They used a 27g needle with local anesthetic. Painless.

I am not married and have no kids and I had no problem getting my copper IUD!

These first few months the sides have been bad tho!
No swimmers, no sides :)

GENESIS
01-26-2012, 11:11 AM
How old are you?

juiceinator3000
01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
How old are you?
25. I'll adopt if I ever change my mind about kids. But I dont like anything about them personally.

s2h
01-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Juice doesnt like kids...lol...what if your parents didnt like kids??..no juice..

juiceinator3000
01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Juice doesnt like kids...lol...what if your parents didnt like kids??..no juice..
Lmao. I tell them all the time if I knew what was coming in my life I wouldn't have wanted to be born. As it was my moms due date was mar17 and they cesearean sectioned me out apr4. She never went into labor. I knew better ;) lol

lymbo
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
hysterectomy...i have two done

shewolf_41
02-09-2012, 12:21 AM
I have the Mirena and its the bomb NO Period ever!!! LOVE IT!

magicmile5
02-21-2012, 10:57 PM
My sister has an IUD and she was bleeding for a few days after. Then for the next 3 months or so she would get her period but it never came the same time each month and was very light. Now she doesn't even have a period and has no other problems. She is always telling other women to get it done.

The Prodigy
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
I have had my IUD in for a few months now, and I really love it! The first month was hard, random cramping, bleeding, etc....but if you can push past that the long term is great!

stephaniewicked
03-05-2012, 06:01 AM
I had to re-visit this thread now that my situation has changed and I'm once again looking for advice on birth control. I've been off hormonal bc for about a year and a half. I realized what a mess it was making me and I really don't want that stuff in my body ever again. On the other end, I'm 29 and although I'm in a committed relationship, I'm not looking to have kids anytime soon (if ever!) Last time I asked, my doctor wouldn't perform the IUD because of my age and the fact that I don't have any kids... but it sounds like I don't have too many other options. Just curious if anyone else around my age/situation were able to get the non-hormonal IUD? Obviously, it sucks using condoms when you're in a monogamous LTR... but getting pregnant would suck way worse. I really want to avoid going back to the pill or the nuva-ring if I can help it though...

The Prodigy
03-05-2012, 09:39 AM
I have a friend who is 30 and she explained to the dr. that she competed and couldn't be on the hormones of the pill and that she knew she doesn't want kids in the next 5-7 years and the Dr. let her get the IUD. Let me warn you tho...it is not fun to get put in! lol!

2hot4u
03-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I have had 2 in my lifetime. The first one i had very little cramping during the insert. A couple days of feeling like a period cramping and that was it!!! I had my Mirena replaced because you can only keep them for 5 yrs done and had more cramping during insertion. Everyone is different but i think the pros outweigh the cons so I would recommend this any women not wanting kids for at least 5 yrs but if you did change your mind you just have it removed. No big deal.

sassy69
03-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I had to re-visit this thread now that my situation has changed and I'm once again looking for advice on birth control. I've been off hormonal bc for about a year and a half. I realized what a mess it was making me and I really don't want that stuff in my body ever again. On the other end, I'm 29 and although I'm in a committed relationship, I'm not looking to have kids anytime soon (if ever!) Last time I asked, my doctor wouldn't perform the IUD because of my age and the fact that I don't have any kids... but it sounds like I don't have too many other options. Just curious if anyone else around my age/situation were able to get the non-hormonal IUD? Obviously, it sucks using condoms when you're in a monogamous LTR... but getting pregnant would suck way worse. I really want to avoid going back to the pill or the nuva-ring if I can help it though...

I think that stance is general guidance, but if you want to shop around for a different OB/GYN or just ask if there is any reason your current OB/GYN feels you CAN'T use it? If there's no legit reason, then why not? I.e. argue for what you want or go somewhere else.

stephaniewicked
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks, ladies.. I really think it will be worth the temporary pain. I can deal with some cramps and bleeding if it means little to no hormones and peace of mind. Jill - you're right. My doctor is an amazing older woman who I've been going to for over ten years and she's completely non-judgmental... just tries to offer all the sides of a situation to help the patient make the best decisions. I think I'm going to talk to her again... reading about other people's experiences has helped me make up my mind.

LisaRD23
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I just got the Paraguard (non hormonal IUD) after having my son. It was a cheaper and quicker option than getting my tubes tied right now. Plus you can leave it in for up to 10 years.

Your doctor will usually insert it during the last days of your period b/c your cervix is supposed to be softer. I was breastfeeding and my period had not returned yet when I got mine, so she prescribed me a med that I took 3 hours before I went to the office.

Got the IUD inserted with zero probelm. Mild cramping a day or so afterwards- but that's it.

Also- I had a c-section not a vagainal delivery so that was not a factor in not having a problem with insertion.

juiceinator3000
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
I think that stance is general guidance, but if you want to shop around for a different OB/GYN or just ask if there is any reason your current OB/GYN feels you CAN'T use it? If there's no legit reason, then why not? I.e. argue for what you want or go somewhere else.
Completely agree with you. I got snipped at 25 with no questions asked and no kids whatsoever. If theyndidnt domit i would habe went somewhere else. Of course it's reverse able for 10,000$ but really it's a permanent procedure. And my GF doesn't have to be on birth control which is a beautiful thing.

PTB
04-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Completely agree with you. I got snipped at 25 with no questions asked and no kids whatsoever. If theyndidnt domit i would habe went somewhere else. Of course it's reverse able for 10,000$ but really it's a permanent procedure. And my GF doesn't have to be on birth control which is a beautiful thing.

I got snipped too after my wife delivered my 3rd. No regrets, although I have less volume than before.

juiceinator3000
04-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I got snipped too after my wife delivered my 3rd. No regrets, although I have less volume than before.
Have not experienced any less volume, not that I'd care anyway. Not getting a woman pregnant is the best thing I can do for humanity.