PDA

View Full Version : Different Anabolic Responses To Different Protein Sources

triceptor
03-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm taping a show in a couple minutes with some groundbreaking implications on the different anabolic responses to various protein sources - whey, egg. soy, veggie. If you're around and want to listen live you can use this link. Otherwise you'll have to wait till Monday!!

http://superhumanradio.com/mp3button...ast_button.htm

Carl

triceptor
03-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Show # 273

03/16/2009

- BREAKING NEWS - Which Protein Source Builds More Muscle

Guest: Layne Norton

For years, the debate over which protein source is more anabolic has raged on. Now the University of Illinois has compared egg, soy, whey, and wheat protein to see which imparts the most muscle building effects. The study isn't published yet but you can hear the result here and now!

http://www.superhumanradio.com/core/shr_archive.htm

Carl

Deimos Anomaly
03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Good stuff, thanks!

triceptor
03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Good stuff, thanks!

The results are a bit surprising as it relates to soy protein. Not what you would think.

Carl

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
i am downloading as we speak :D

triceptor
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
i am downloading as we speak :D

Let me know what you think of the interview.

Carl

buster12
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
This will be very interesting....

GENESIS
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
The results are a bit surprising as it relates to soy protein. Not what you would think.

Carl

cant even digest that stuff.

03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Let me know what you think of the interview.

Carl
i was getting into the layne one but it only downloaded like 5 mins of it...

i tried again and the same result.. yet it says it downloaded it all :/

maybe its a broken link

triceptor
03-17-2009, 09:15 AM
i was getting into the layne one but it only downloaded like 5 mins of it...

i tried again and the same result.. yet it says it downloaded it all :/

maybe its a broken link

Try listening using the SHR Player - http://www.superhumanradio.com/core/shr_archive.htm

I just downloaded the whole file using Media Player and its seems to be playing OK for the past 18 mins so far. Anyone else having problems listening?

03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Try listening using the SHR Player - http://www.superhumanradio.com/core/shr_archive.htm

I just downloaded the whole file using Media Player and its seems to be playing OK for the past 18 mins so far. Anyone else having problems listening?
no it works now :) will listen when i wake up... probably my browser stuffed it up

great informative shows

03-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I learn something every time i listen to your great show. Especially about leucine and amino acids. Also layne saying he doesn't cut water pre contest. Very intriguing.

GREAT SHOW! by the time i'm 21 next year. I will be an einstein on nutrition from your program :-D LOL

Strikerrjones
03-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I have a question concerning pre and post-workout nutrition.

So if I take a pre-workout shake of whey protein about half an hour before I train does that mean I don't need a post-workout shake? If my body is already maxed out on protein synthesis for 4-5 hours why would I need one post-workout?

This might have already been answered, but I have severe radio ADD and tend to blank out when listening.

thepump
03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
great read and post from you all

House M.D.
03-23-2009, 02:51 PM
So if I take a pre-workout shake of whey protein about half an hour before I train does that mean I don't need a post-workout shake? If my body is already maxed out on protein synthesis for 4-5 hours why would I need one post-workout?

That's right. You wouldn't. ;)

triceptor
03-24-2009, 08:16 PM
cant even digest that stuff.

And for good reason. We don't possess the enzymes to digest soy. Most get gas and bloating from large soy meals.

triceptor
03-24-2009, 08:18 PM
WOW SLIX.. you flatter me. I'm glad you like the show. Spread the word! Thanks for this.

Carl

I learn something every time i listen to your great show. Especially about leucine and amino acids. Also layne saying he doesn't cut water pre contest. Very intriguing.

GREAT SHOW! by the time i'm 21 next year. I will be an einstein on nutrition from your program :-D LOL