PDA

View Full Version : Be careful with stimulants!

Costco77
06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I just had a horrible and extreemly uncomfortable situation.

I have routinely been taking a stimulant based fat burner supplement first thing in the morning followed by my first meal which is usually a protein shake. Today I was all out of my protein powder and I didn't feel like cooking up any food, so like an idot i found some NO Shotgun in my cabinet and it has 20 grams of protein per serving +bcaa's and aminos and i thought that would be a good thing to take in the morning, so i took two scoops of that. Like an idot i completely forgot that NO Shotgun contained a good amount of stims, obviously b/c it's a pre workout sup...and on top of that I had my stim based fat burner. WHOOPS!:hypno:

As a result I od'ed on stims and it was the most uncomfortable feeling ever! I finally just pulled it together, the NO Shotgun stims did not kick in till later but it lasted for a good 30 min.; I was very scared for a moment. Just a reminder to everyone to not be as stupid as I was and read your labels and think before you take some of your supplements...just because they are OTC doesn't always mean that they completely safe, and be smart about your stim supplements.

Jason Newman
06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
ummmm seriosuyl read ur labels, it says NEVER to exceed 1 scoop of no shotgun, what stim burner were u taking?

im curious as to how many mgs u had!!!!
holy shit i bet the nausea was horrible, and so were the shakes!

shorty9
06-07-2010, 09:07 PM
that sucks, and I know from experience bc have done something similar before. I take adderall for ADD 20mg 2x per day, morning and afternoon. about a month ago we got a new new preworkout rtd from BSN called Endorush at my gym. I didnt read the bottle, its about 12oz total and just downed the whole thing (bout an hr and a half after taking the adderall, which for those who dont know is a perscription amphetamine) . shortly afterwards I realized the endorush is actually 4 servings per bottle!!! it was miserable, and I couldnt even workout-felt like a crack head, hands shaking, tremors, rapid heart beat, nauseous as hell. it sucked bad for about an hr and thought I was actually going to have to leave work. finally started to subside, but will never drink or eat anything again without reading the label 1st.
-shorty

Sandpig
06-07-2010, 09:30 PM
And now that summer is here, be careful with the stims in the heat.

Costco77
06-07-2010, 09:47 PM
ummmm seriosuyl read ur labels, it says NEVER to exceed 1 scoop of no shotgun, what stim burner were u taking?

im curious as to how many mgs u had!!!!
holy shit i bet the nausea was horrible, and so were the shakes!

i was miserable...i obviously wasn't thinking at all, i just had my mind on one thing - getting my protein in the morning and spaced out everything else, i wasn't thinking NO Shotgun and stims, i just had my mind on the protein...big mistake. Not sure how much was in the fat burner it doesn't say on the label, but at least 250 mg + two servings of no shotgun. It was a very scary experience, the shakes and nausea was horrible but I was afaid i was going to pass out.

Costco77
06-07-2010, 09:59 PM
that sucks, and I know from experience bc have done something similar before. I take adderall for ADD 20mg 2x per day, morning and afternoon. about a month ago we got a new new preworkout rtd from BSN called Endorush at my gym. I didnt read the bottle, its about 12oz total and just downed the whole thing (bout an hr and a half after taking the adderall, which for those who dont know is a perscription amphetamine) . shortly afterwards I realized the endorush is actually 4 servings per bottle!!! it was miserable, and I couldnt even workout-felt like a crack head, hands shaking, tremors, rapid heart beat, nauseous as hell. it sucked bad for about an hr and thought I was actually going to have to leave work. finally started to subside, but will never drink or eat anything again without reading the label 1st.
-shorty

That's why i wanted to share my story. A lot of times as bodybuilders we're so worried about staying on schedule and getting things immediately, cause we're so worried about going cataboic or whatever. Just remember to think before you combine all these supplements and think things through. I don't know how bad it could've gotten, but definitley felt like i was lucky in this case..i think it could have been a lot worse. What really helped me get back, was putting some sea salt on my tounge and kind of sucking on it and letting it desolve in my mouth and also taking big deep breaths and really focus on staying calm.

Wrex
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I like to just sip on a redline throughout the day for my caffeine fix. I don't take a pre workout drink anymore, I just take ON L-arginine pills instead.

Die4Mass
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
very high doses of clenbuteral does this to me aswell, sometimes i feel like im having a panic attack after taking clen in the mornings, thankfully the effects subside quickly for me.

Widge
06-09-2010, 07:36 AM
i od'd on caffeine about a year ago by not meausring out caffeine power properly pre wo, was the worst ive ever felt by far, soooo bad.

Silidons
06-10-2010, 05:04 AM
bro one time i accidentally took 800mg at once (i was taking 400mg at the time and i totally forgot that it took it, when i did like 5 mins beforehand, rofl) and let me tell you that was one shitty ass workout. i did about 3 sets of db bench and then i got this terrible feeling in my stomach of bile and a bunch of other shit, i felt like i was going to puke. i had to lay on the bench (was night time no one was there really) for like 10 minutes straight before i decided to just leave because i could barely do anything.

Costco77
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah...I'm sure you all can agree that taking too much stims = a very bad feeling, and makes you very sick and uncomfortable. I would probably recomend limiting the dosage to 200mg - 400mg at one time, what do you guys think? I think anything more than that would be counterproductive.