PDA

View Full Version : Isolyze 'Fudge' recipe

SallyAnne
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Seriously, this kicks ass. For women on Dave's diet, it's too much fat for one meal, but if you're off season or want to have a clean cheat dessert, this is it.

1 heaping tbsp coconut oil
1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop isolyze (I prefer Vanilla PB with this recipe)

nuke the coconut butter until JUST melted. Add PB and mix well. Add scoop of protein until blended. Put in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until the coconut oil solidifies again and BAM. Fudge.

Because of all the fat, it's rich and filling.

If you're using Chocolate isolyze, add a little bit of cocoa powder or chocolate capella drops (http://capellaflavordrops.com/) to make it more chocolaty.

Gerb
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
question, coconut oil is mct oil, you mean oil or butter?

SallyAnne
06-07-2010, 12:53 PM
well, coconut oil and butter are the same, IMO. If it's hot, it looks like oil - if you put it in the fridge, it solidifies. Not MCT oil...

Gerb
06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
ah got it, I have bought coconut oil at Vitamin Shoppe before and they sell it as mct oil. had never heard of the butter. yeah, it sets up fast in the frigde, I never refrigrated it for that reason...... anything chocolate to me right not sounds very good.... or peanut butter.

SallyAnne
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
ah got it, I have bought coconut oil at Vitamin Shoppe before and they sell it as mct oil. had never heard of the butter. yeah, it sets up fast in the frigde, I never refrigrated it for that reason...... anything chocolate to me right not sounds very good.... or peanut butter.

You're dieting and chocolate or peanut butter doesn't sound good? lol

SallyAnne
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
...I've made the chocolate with almond butter rather than PB and it's pretty damn good that way, btw.

shankuan
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Seriously, this kicks ass. For women on Dave's diet, it's too much fat for one meal, but if you're off season or want to have a clean cheat dessert, this is it.

1 heaping tbsp coconut oil
1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop isolyze (I prefer Vanilla PB with this recipe)

nuke the coconut butter until JUST melted. Add PB and mix well. Add scoop of protein until blended. Put in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until the coconut oil solidifies again and BAM. Fudge.

Because of all the fat, it's rich and filling.

If you're using Chocolate isolyze, add a little bit of cocoa powder or chocolate capella drops (http://capellaflavordrops.com/) to make it more chocolaty.

I was wondering how i could make a fudge or pudding with this and still keep it low fat. Any thing else can be used in place of the coconut oil? I'll want to try this AFTER my competition for sure but i'm NOT a fan of coconut oil.

Weird right??!!!!

...I've made the chocolate with almond butter rather than PB and it's pretty damn good that way, btw.

I went into a new health food store on saturday and almost died - they had all the nut butters and oils i've been searching all supermarkets and grocery stores for the past year! It was as bad as walking past the bakery in the Mega Mart, had me drooling so badly :drool:, i had to hightail it OUT!!! so as soon as comp is done, i'll be trying them out with this recipe.

Gerb
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM

ha! typo (I be depleted and can't type), "right NOW sounds good" not "right NOT sounds good" lol

blondie_bombshell
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I make this but instead of using the coconut oil, I use original Metamucil (so it gels over). Its great for low carb diets.

SallyAnne
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I make this but instead of using the coconut oil, I use original Metamucil (so it gels over). Its great for low carb diets.

there's the answer to 'low fat'. I'll give this a whirl.

TheShoemaker
06-20-2010, 05:00 AM
you could use nutella or a different chocolate hazelnut spread for the chocolate whey version without having to add anything else extra.