PDA

View Full Version : The Future Of Womens Bodybuilding

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 01:33 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs573.snc3/31252_1514370818128_1200166165_31467153_8159020_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31476810&id=1200166165) :yep: Her name is Maria "Rita" Penteado and she is thus far undefeated (6 shows & 6 1st place placings) This pic is from her last show 6-5-10. While Rita still has improving to do time is on her side at 26 and having just started competing last year she will only get better. BUT......When I say the "future" I don't mean just Rita, I mean that she represents a "new" look the sport needs to grow and attract more young girls to want to aspire to be bodybuilders. She reminds me of a really good Figure competitor but with turbo! I see Rita and others like her doing well in the future. Hopefully the judges agree. Opinions? :dunno:

debbiebramwell
06-12-2010, 01:38 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs573.snc3/31252_1514370818128_1200166165_31467153_8159020_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31476810&id=1200166165) :yep: Her name is Maria "Rita" Penteado and she is thus far undefeated (6 shows & 6 1st place placings) This pic is from her last show 6-5-10. While Rita still has improving to do time is on her side at 26 and having just started competing last year she will only get better. BUT......When I say the "future" I don't mean just Rita, I mean that she represents a "new" look the sport needs to grow and attract more young girls to want to aspire to be bodybuilders. She reminds me of a really good Figure competitor but with turbo! I see Rita and others like her doing well in the future. Hopefully the judges agree. Opinions? :dunno:

I agree! I saw her pics from last weekend and became a fan of her physique and saw so much potential. I cant wait to see how she looks at 100% for her next show. Dial her in and she will win again. She is also a great poser , she had a polished look in all her pics. I will be keeping my eye on her.:)

huge285
06-12-2010, 01:40 AM
RITA has amazing shape and symmetry...........when she dials in her conditioning 100%, she'll be extremely hard to beat. I do agree with JUSTIN that this is the "look" judges should be rewarding.

MsGuns
06-12-2010, 01:43 AM
She has a nice physique...thats something to write home about.

doubleogordo
06-12-2010, 01:44 AM
what does "the future" mean? shouldn't the future mean the more muscular woman? the softer women is why we have figure and now bikini. both of which are great. i happen to like the bb girls and i always look at the results of the female bb'ers as well as the male bb'ers. i understand the public stigma, but shouldn't the future be about the fat asses of america getting used to muscles on both males and females instead of more fat? doesn't anyone else get pumped up by the biggest loser? that is the direction ----> towards less fat and more muscle

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 02:02 AM
what does "the future" mean? shouldn't the future mean the more muscular woman? the softer women is why we have figure and now bikini. both of which are great. i happen to like the bb girls and i always look at the results of the female bb'ers as well as the male bb'ers. i understand the public stigma, but shouldn't the future be about the fat asses of america getting used to muscles on both males and females instead of more fat? doesn't anyone else get pumped up by the biggest loser? that is the direction ----> towards less fat and more muscle

No...it should be about bringing more sponcers and $ back into the sport to create greater opportunity for the athletes.....not saying anything bad against the top professional bodybuilders in the world, they all work SUPER hard to look so great and muscular and conditioned.....but the judges are constantly speaking of incorporating a "new" look into the sport that promotes both muscle as well as femeninity....thats my point.....and Rita has a long way to go to be able to stand next to women like Debbie and others who have dedicated their passion to the sport for many years...personally i'd like to see the Olympia top line up looking more like the womens NY Pro line up from this year, but thats just thru my eyes....but I think Rita has a look the sport could benefit from in the future is all

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 02:04 AM
RITA has amazing shape and symmetry...........when she dials in her conditioning 100%, she'll be extremely hard to beat. I do agree with JUSTIN that this is the "look" judges should be rewarding.

Thanks Dave....more leg size and top conditioning and Rita will have a cool look...it will be interesting to see what the judges do in the future

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I agree! I saw her pics from last weekend and became a fan of her physique and saw so much potential. I cant wait to see how she looks at 100% for her next show. Dial her in and she will win again. She is also a great poser , she had a polished look in all her pics. I will be keeping my eye on her.:)

and Debbie, you know how big a fan I am of you....both as a bber and as a person...so thank you for being you ;)

This Is War
06-12-2010, 05:12 AM
In that shot she kind looks like a supercharged version on figure! I mean that in a good way!

I still like the look NB and Kathy etc bring though...

MDagro
06-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Rita has a great shape and is deffinately a good representation of what up and coming female bodybuilders can aspire to look like

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
She just started competing last year and had to diet off 24 lbs the last 5 weeks to get in shape to win this show...Rita is doing another show in 6 weeks where she is committed to coming in much sharper and fuller, since now she has the same amount of time to just refine and improve instead of crash dieting like that. I'm excited to see how much she can improve in 6 weeks now that she is already in good shape. I think @ 26 yrs old as long as she keeps her femeninity Rita can be a GREAT womens bodybuilder and help provide the sport with a look that can help promote and market the sport. Rita also carries herself well on stage check out this video of her posing routine from her win last week.....

CUce6p5JBfY

SallyAnne
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
She can't compete at the national level, though, right? She's not a US citizen. Kinda hard to become the future of women's bodybuilding if you can't get past the local level.

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 10:47 AM
She can't compete at the national level, though, right? She's not a US citizen. Kinda hard to become the future of women's bodybuilding if you can't get past the local level.

She can always compete abroad and win a pro card that way...but whats the rush...she just started

SallyAnne
06-12-2010, 11:00 AM
She can always compete abroad and win a pro card that way...but whats the rush...she just started

I would like to see her win her pro card and then come back here to compete as a pro. I agree that her physique is beautiful and I'm always in support of the smaller girls. ;)

R_U_Red_D
06-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Every year, there's the "new look" for women's bodybuilding and every year they get ignored for the same old.

Call me when the "new look" actually get rewarded....

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Every year, there's the "new look" for women's bodybuilding and every year they get ignored for the same old.

Well shes 6 for 6...so that says something....but I agree.....theres alot of "talk" about rewarding for a better combination of femeninity but not alot of sexy marketable Women winning Ms. O or Ms. International......I think the NY Pro this year was a step in the right direction...the top 4 or 5 girls there are better in many ways than the Olympia and Arnold line-ups....its tough judging womens bodybuilding...knowing where to draw that line exactly....but as I see it, if the sport gets more amateurs and eventually pros who look like Rita it will bring more interest to the sport....rather see that than bikini....I respect all the work that goes into it much more....to see bikini taking off and womens bbing dying out makes me hope Rita and other young up and coming girls like her inspire a new generation of interest and evolution of bbing for women

EASTCOASTBEAST
06-12-2010, 05:31 PM
She is off to a bad ass start. Still looking femi and great muscles!!!!

Easy
06-12-2010, 06:48 PM

Exactly.

If she competes in the IFBB she will be crushed.

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Exactly.

If she competes in the IFBB she will be crushed.

Thats certainly what the current judging standard would lead one to believe! Thats why shes in no rush to turn pro...may as well keep improving as an amateur and "keep painting to her own picture" and create the "look" that she desires...at least thats my advise to her. Hopefully the better she and other girls in the amateur ranks start to look there will be an aura of change in the sport....maybe wt clases....maybe a slight alteration in judging criteria...maybe an "in between" division in the middle of hardcore bbing and Figure...i donno what....but hopefully something......but one thing I've learned over the years watching female bodybuilding.....women shouldnt build their physique to please the judges....they should ONLY create their own body based on what they want to show to the world

SallyAnne
06-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Thats certainly what the current judging standard would lead one to believe! Thats why shes in no rush to turn pro...may as well keep improving as an amateur and "keep painting to her own picture" and create the "look" that she desires...at least thats my advise to her. Hopefully the better she and other girls in the amateur ranks start to look there will be an aura of change in the sport....maybe wt clases....maybe a slight alteration in judging criteria...maybe an "in between" division in the middle of hardcore bbing and Figure...i donno what....but hopefully something......but one thing I've learned over the years watching female bodybuilding.....women shouldnt build their physique to please the judges....they should ONLY create their own body based on what they want to show to the world

That's easy to say, but in reality? Do men work to please the judges, or just themselves?

I think she's got a beautiful look to her, but calling it 'the future of women's bodybuilding' is stretching it, IMHO. I can think of a dozen women off hand that have a similar look and are on the national stage. What about the class winners at last year's Nationals that received pro cards? Lori Steele? Lisette Acevedo? Nicole Berg? Kris Murrell? These women are not mass monsters.

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
That's easy to say, but in reality? Do men work to please the judges, or just themselves?

I think she's got a beautiful look to her, but calling it 'the future of women's bodybuilding' is stretching it, IMHO. I can think of a dozen women off hand that have a similar look and are on the national stage. What about the class winners at last year's Nationals that received pro cards? Lori Steele? Lisette Acevedo? Nicole Berg? Kris Murrell? These women are not mass monsters.

I'm not saying they arent the future as well....in fact i'd like to see the judges place them high in contests....but i like Rita's look better....and i think that in the long term she has the most potential of all the female bbers i've seen in recent years as long as she takes her time, stays femenine and doesnt "rush" her potential to try and get a pro card or any particular placing....and mens bodybuilding is completely different....if men take testosterone they look more manly....if women take testosterone they also look more manly......but.......thats NOT a good thing....right? :no: and if you read my original post carefully "The Future" of womens bbing wasn't referring to just Rita but rather using her as an example of a "look" that is good for the sport and will help make it grow and become more popular once again to create more opportunity for the athletes

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 09:01 PM
CUce6p5JBfY..... this is good for the sport!

Sledge
06-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Good routine too. Not overly dancey and she actually holds each pose long enough to see it.

sassy69
06-12-2010, 09:15 PM
^^ I'd love to see a whole show full of that!

Its nice to see some good hamstring.

Sledge
06-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Bring back the moon pose i say. Just for hamstrings of course.

R_U_Red_D
06-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Well shes 6 for 6...so that says something....but I agree.....theres alot of "talk" about rewarding for a better combination of femeninity but not alot of sexy marketable Women winning Ms. O or Ms. International......I think the NY Pro this year was a step in the right direction...the top 4 or 5 girls there are better in many ways than the Olympia and Arnold line-ups....its tough judging womens bodybuilding...knowing where to draw that line exactly....but as I see it, if the sport gets more amateurs and eventually pros who look like Rita it will bring more interest to the sport....rather see that than bikini....I respect all the work that goes into it much more....to see bikini taking off and womens bbing dying out makes me hope Rita and other young up and coming girls like her inspire a new generation of interest and evolution of bbing for women

Just to be clear, I think that she looks great and my comment wasn't meant to be a dis towards her.

I just get frustrated at the discord between NPC and IFBB judging. The following is my POV about the difference between the judging styles.

NPC is more focused on symmetry and shape over size.

IFBB is more focus on size and conditioning at the sacrifice of shape and symmetry which "got them to the dance"

I think when both get on the same page, great things will happen.

The following is just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

sp3t5n4z
06-12-2010, 10:04 PM
When I say the "future" I don't mean just Rita, I mean that she represents a "new" look the sport needs to grow and attract more young girls to want to aspire to be bodybuilders.

What is your connection to her?

SallyAnne
06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm not saying they arent the future as well....in fact i'd like to see the judges place them high in contests....but i like Rita's look better....and i think that in the long term she has the most potential of all the female bbers i've seen in recent years as long as she takes her time, stays femenine and doesnt "rush" her potential to try and get a pro card or any particular placing....and mens bodybuilding is completely different....if men take testosterone they look more manly....if women take testosterone they also look more manly......but.......thats NOT a good thing....right? :no: and if you read my original post carefully "The Future" of womens bbing wasn't referring to just Rita but rather using her as an example of a "look" that is good for the sport and will help make it grow and become more popular once again to create more opportunity for the athletes
So...what you're saying in a really round about way is that all the other women you've seen so far look like dudes compared to her? lol Serious question.

FitnFirm
06-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Every woman is the future of Womens bodybuilding.

JUSTINIAN
06-12-2010, 11:49 PM
So...what you're saying in a really round about way is that all the other women you've seen so far look like dudes compared to her? lol Serious question.

Nope.....what i'm saying exactly is that she is younger, has better genetic structure to build on (tiny waist, wide shoulders, great proportions to build on...its her 2nd yr competing and shes 26 yrs old) and also she has more femeninity (both in her overall look and presentation) than most of the female bbers out there winning shows or placing well in national level shows.....I'm NOT saying she is ready to beat the other girls you have mentioned, nor am I knocking them in anyway shape or form. The thread was made using Rita as an EXAMPLE of a new and refreshing look that could help bring more fans, future competitors and sponsers to the sport. If you want to include other girls in this group go ahead. If you have a better example by all means use it. I'd just like to see the sport grow and gain popularity like when it was at its peak in the early 90s. To do that it needs to attract young up and coming competitors. I just think she happens to have a look that can do that for the sport is all. And also Rita is very humble and has a sweet and friendly personality. Lets face it...the sport has a bad wrap and has lost public support, even from people on the bbing forums who should be in support of the athlets. I'd like to see that change. Thats what I mean.

Ibarramedia
06-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Nope.....what i'm saying exactly is that she is younger, has better genetic structure to build on (tiny waist, wide shoulders, great proportions to build on...its her 2nd yr competing and shes 26 yrs old) and also she has more femeninity (both in her overall look and presentation) than most of the female bbers out there winning shows or placing well in national level shows.....I'm NOT saying she is ready to beat the other girls you have mentioned, nor am I knocking them in anyway shape or form. The thread was made using Rita as an EXAMPLE of a new and refreshing look that could help bring more fans, future competitors and sponsers to the sport. If you want to include other girls in this group go ahead. If you have a better example by all means use it. I'd just like to see the sport grow and gain popularity like when it was at its peak in the early 90s. To do that it needs to attract young up and coming competitors. I just think she happens to have a look that can do that for the sport is all. And also Rita is very humble and has a sweet and friendly personality. Lets face it...the sport has a bad wrap and has lost public support, even from people on the bbing forums who should be in support of the athlets. I'd like to see that change. Thats what I mean.

She looks good. Jennifer Palazzo looked real good and I like her a lot, just my preference. I'm just glad i'm not a judge.

Regarding the highlighted comment. Don't even try to get public support. If there is any indication that the public will change their opinion based on Rita's physique, it won't be anytime soon. I found that out this week and what a rude awakening it is.

Read the entire thread and the link provided.

The public is still not ready for female physique competitors - RX Muscle Forums

Do this for yourselves and for the ones that appreciate female muscle. Those that want or are interested in fbb will just gradually find thier way here. But don't for a second think that there is a revolutionary physique that will captivate the masses. It will take a massive change in the public's mindset for that to happen. Keep in mind that the public right now cannot handle any slight indication of female muscle. They can't handle the sight of a vein in a female's arm, or large shapely thighs or quads. They cannot handle figure,Fitness and Bikini competitors. They would rather turn gay and be with a fat guy than a muscle girl.

Ibarramedia
06-13-2010, 12:05 AM
They will spontaneously combust if they saw real hardcore fbbs and again they cannot even handle figure and bikini competitors.

JUSTINIAN
06-13-2010, 12:20 AM
She looks good. Jennifer Palazzo looked real good and I like her a lot, just my preference. I'm just glad i'm not a judge.

Regarding the highlighted comment. Don't even try to get public support. If there is any indication that the public will change their opinion based on Rita's physique, it won't be anytime soon. I found that out this week and what a rude awakening it is.

The public is still not ready for female physique competitors - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=36512)

The public supported female bodybuilding much more in the 80s and early 90s....and as a result the number of female bodybuilding competitors grew...there were over 30 competitors in certain wt classes in National Level shows in the early 90s....and the physiques were much better than todays amateurs...but the sport became more extreme and in doing so lost its appeal and is now being replaced by Figure and Bikini....AND I AM NOT SAYING RITA IS THE ANSWER AND SAVIOR OF THE SPORT! LMAO....I MERELY USED HER AS AN EXAMPLE. If you want to see the sport die then your do nothing approach is great. The sport will be gone and Figure and Bikini will be left in its place :-/ its happening already....there were 6 female bbers at last weeks show and 100 Figure and Bikini girls....the top pros in the sport make NOTHING and get NO exposure despite being better athletes and having better presentations than the men....I think thats a shame...and very sad.....and as a fan and historian of female bbing I'd like to see it grow and regain popularity like it used to have. However it is that that may happen I'm in favor of. Jenn is a cool girl and had great condition...best i've ever seen her! :) ....I hope she did well tonight at Juniors.....any word on how she did?

JUSTINIAN
06-13-2010, 12:27 AM

Sallyanne just looked at ur pics....u look good :)....do u compete?

Ibarramedia
06-13-2010, 12:35 AM
[quote=Ibarramedia;1045846]She looks good. Jennifer Palazzo looked real good and I like her a lot, just my preference. I'm just glad i'm not a judge.

The public is still not ready for female physique competitors - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=36512)

The public supported female bodybuilding much more in the 80s and early 90s....and as a result the number of female bodybuilding competitors grew...there were over 30 competitors in certain wt classes in National Level shows in the early 90s....and the physiques were much better than todays amateurs...but the sport became more extreme and in doing so lost its appeal and is now being replaced by Figure and Bikini....AND I AM NOT SAYING RITA IS THE ANSWER AND SAVIOR OF THE SPORT! LMAO....I MERELY USED HER AS AN EXAMPLE. If you want to see the sport die then your do nothing approach is great. The sport will be gone and Figure and Bikini will be left in its place :-/ its happening already....there were 6 female bbers at last weeks show and 100 Figure and Bikini girls....the top pros in the sport make NOTHING and get NO exposure despite being better athletes and having better presentations than the men....I think thats a shame...and very sad.....and as a fan and historian of female bbing I'd like to see it grow and regain popularity like it used to have. However it is that that may happen I'm in favor of. Jenn is a cool girl and had great condition...best i've ever seen her! :) ....I hope she did well tonight at Juniors.....any word on how she did?

I think Steve Wennerstrom, the women's historian would beg to differ on the FBB is dying theme. He has heard that from the very beginning and it is nothing new. FBB will still go on. I don't want to see the sport die and did you even read the thread and the link within that thread? I posted pics of figure girls, fitness girls, Bikini girls and a fbb or two in regular clothing, offseason and guess what? I was massacred in their comments. Do you think Nicole Wilkins Lee is muscular? They think she is a dude.... And that, my friend is the general public. Not just the average public but a NFL Football loving, sporting public.

Ibarramedia
06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm just in shock that Larissa Reis and Nicole Wilkins Lee are not even considered hot. Not good enough for them.

We weren't "intimidated by athletic women."

We were ambushed by roided-up butterfaces.

Originally Posted by Bubble Screen http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=7570033#post7570033)
I'm starting to get suspicious of this ibarramedia guy.

Originally Posted by ibarramedia http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=7572560#post7572560)
Suspicious of what?

Originally Posted by Bubble Screen http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=7572595#post7572595)
You posted a bunch of dudes in a random hot chic thread.

But you're back on track now.

Those are comments from the so-called general public. I have not even posted a pic of a contest ready fbb of any kind.

JUSTINIAN
06-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Every woman is the future of Womens bodybuilding.

oh ya, thats true....makes alot of sense :hypno: well hopefully thats limited to just competitors anyway....and lets hope for the sake of the sport most of them wont be bald with facial hair, wide waisted, with super narrow shoulders, droopy butts and loose wrinkly skin and grandma fat hangin off their arms.....because that would definately not go over well :no: lmfao!!!....i'm sorry but u just left yourself wide open with that :flowers: .....just trying to ease the tention here :hmn: i know i know...we are all important in the eyes of the lord....this is true.....we are ALL important. I wish everyone including you light and love.

Ibarramedia
06-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I get what you are saying about Rita's physique. I really do and she is similar to Elena Shportun as you have said. Anja Langer and Jitka Harazimova also ahd great symmertical physiques. But again, the public won't accept them. So forget about them.

These are just some of the pics that they find so appalling:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3748/50444larissa09.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=50444larissa09.jpg)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4675/larissarbig4.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=larissarbig4.jpg)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5062/81156larissa01122573lo.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=81156larissa01122573lo.jpg)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3930/54045nicole21122717lo.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/54045nicole21122717lo.jpg/)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6742/549621744412594ec2086a5w.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/549621744412594ec2086a5w.jpg/)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8021/l5e4ff216a7d48e891a733a.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/l5e4ff216a7d48e891a733a.jpg/)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9268/lb250f72c519427c4fc7244.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/lb250f72c519427c4fc7244.jpg/)

If you find a way to make these physiques appealing to the general public, please,please,please let me know because I would like to make that happen. Seriously.

Ibarramedia
06-13-2010, 12:55 AM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh118/ibarramedia/Heather5003.jpg?t=1276202531

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh118/ibarramedia/Heather5001.jpg

It is beyond my comprehension to see what repulses them so much about these pics.

Some of those guys would rather be with her, I kid you not. I'm sure she may be a nice person and all. Just saying....

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64616&d=1276214192

SallyAnne
06-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Sallyanne just looked at ur pics....u look good :)....do u compete?

lol

yes. nationals in october of this year, nationals the year before, a year off before that, and the USA's the year before that. ;)

SallyAnne
06-13-2010, 01:50 AM

...and I was really just fucking with you. :) lol

I know what you mean and what you intended. I agree with you in the respect that I would like to see some smaller, sleeker physiques win at the pro level.

JUSTINIAN
06-13-2010, 01:58 AM
"I get what you are saying about Rita's physique. I really do and she is similar to Elena Shportun as you have said. Anja Langer and Jitka Harazimova also ahd great symmertical physiques. But again, the public won't accept them. So forget about them"

right! Criticism is the price paid for leaping past medocrity....its just part of life.

Steve Wennerstrom has forgotten more about womens bodybuilding then I will ever know.....but that has nothing to do with the fact that womens bodybuilding has nowhere near the mainstream following and appeal that it had in the early 90s....simply the number and quality of competitors tells you that!.......the girls were awesome (both amateur and pro) and amateur shows much more competitive and deep than today (if you dont believe me then go pick up any NPC News mag from the early 90s covering national shows, look at the pictures and you tell me)...and while the prize money since that time for the men has skyrocketed, the $ and respect towards female bbing has not =( sadly to say. .....hey listen, you cant change peoples minds who dont want to be changed...many people wont accept female muscle period.......thats life. But many will. Why not focus on those?

My opinion is that Rita has the potential to one day be one of these champions....she has the toughness and the heart, she has a strong and bright mind, and she has a great natural god given structure to build on. BUT the thread used her as an example...didnt say SHE was the future....but rather her look, shape and potential. (one of the examples of her and other girls with great shape and potential) ...if you think Rita doesnt has the potential or you have something against her than by all means state your criticisms.....but knowing her personally I think she could be a great athlete and representative for the sport.

And personally i'd like to see attractive feminine girls with small tiny waists and great shape and structure...with a good presentation....especially if they are intelligent and carry themselves in a dignified manner. Call me crazy but i think that is a good thing, no? :-/ and whats wrong with wanting the girls to win higher purses (and believing this is possible) as well as getting more sponsership support and endorsement money? I think this is a GOOD thing....And hopefully you do too.

If you dont believe this is possible and attainable then really you're part of the problem, rather than actually being part of the solution. Positive energy is much better.

JUSTINIAN
06-13-2010, 02:03 AM
lol

yes. nationals in october of this year, nationals the year before, a year off before that, and the USA's the year before that. ;)

ok Cool...:)....makes sense...u have a great shape....what division/class are u compete in? whats next for u?

Ibarramedia
06-13-2010, 02:16 AM
"I get what you are saying about Rita's physique. I really do and she is similar to Elena Shportun as you have said. Anja Langer and Jitka Harazimova also ahd great symmertical physiques. But again, the public won't accept them. So forget about them"

right! Criticism is the price paid for leaping past medocrity....its just part of life.

Steve Wennerstrom has forgotten more about womens bodybuilding then I will ever know.....but that has nothing to do with the fact that womens bodybuilding has nowhere near the mainstream following and appeal that it had in the early 90s....simply the number and quality of competitors tells you that!.......the girls were awesome (both amateur and pro) and amateur shows much more competitive and deep than today (if you dont believe me then go pick up any NPC News mag from the early 90s covering national shows, look at the pictures and you tell me)...and while the prize money since that time for the men has skyrocketed, the $ and respect towards female bbing has not =( sadly to say. .....hey listen, you cant change peoples minds who dont want to be changed...many people wont accept female muscle period.......thats life. But many will. Why not focus on those?

My opinion is that Rita has the potential to one day be one of these champions....she has the toughness and the heart, she has a strong and bright mind, and she has a great natural god given structure to build on. BUT the thread used her as an example...didnt say SHE was the future....but rather her look, shape and potential. (one of the examples of her and other girls with great shape and potential) ...if you think Rita doesnt has the potential or you have something against her than by all means state your criticisms.....but knowing her personally I think she could be a great athlete and representative for the sport.

And personally i'd like to see attractive feminine girls with small tiny waists and great shape and structure...with a good presentation....especially if they are intelligent and carry themselves in a dignified manner. Call me crazy but i think that is a good thing, no? :-/ and whats wrong with wanting the girls to win higher purses (and believing this is possible) as well as getting more sponsership support and endorsement money? I think this is a GOOD thing....And hopefully you do too.

If you dont believe this is possible and attainable then really you're part of the problem, rather than actually being part of the solution. Positive energy is much better.

I never said I didn't like Rita. I like Rita and a lot if not all the competitors. And yes, I want the girls to win higher purses. If I was a billionaire, I would be handing out $$ million prize money like a lot of boxers get. Don't misunderstand. I support all competitors and all divisions. I like all kinds of fbbs. Real hardcore, symetrical, tall, lightweights, Heavyweights and all others in between. I'm just addressing the general public part. A lot of people have stated that this is a niche sport and a subculure that will never be popular. The general public-like it or not worships waif like models and to them that is the ideal. The sad thing is most of the public is overweight and fat or skinny fat. There are countless threads on the mainstreaming of fbb and the history of it. The closest it ever came to mainstream was in the 80's during Rachel Mclish's era and a little during Cory Everson's era. And that is still a stretch.

I'm all for positvity, but there is perception and there is reality. Look into the women's section and read throught he countless threads I put up in support of fbbs. Same with other places.

Tuffgirl410
06-13-2010, 11:48 AM
I love Rita! She is one of my closest friends! I love her physique & the passion she has for what she does.... I find her inspiring, and many other women that I know also find her inspiring... I find her to be reminiscent of the late 80's and 90's. Hopefully she'll be able to one day compete on the National level... but until then I think she helps the sport of Women's BB by attracting other women to the sport whether it be their first time competing or switching over from figure. If there were more competitors like Rita-- who can present a more realistic size 122-126 pounds-- then maybe more women would feel comfortable adding muscle, rather than being "afraid" of getting bigger. I think the larger women of BB today may intimidate other women to try the sport.

JUSTINIAN
06-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Rita's back the day before winning the 2010 Atlantic States

Jodie
06-24-2010, 01:39 AM
ok Cool...:)....makes sense...u have a great shape....what division/class are u compete in? whats next for u?

Seriously you ask whats next for SallyAnne? She posted it right in the very start of her last post. Last year at Nationals she was a lt hvy, but usually on the middle weights which is where she'll be this year. :)

SallyAnne...Cheesecake Factory this year? lol

Vicki Nixon
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Rita...STUNNING! I love her look and Wish I had her Hair..just a little leaner and dryer and shes PERFECT!!!!!!:yep:

JUSTINIAN
06-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Seriously you ask whats next for SallyAnne? She posted it right in the very start of her last post. Last year at Nationals she was a lt hvy, but usually on the middle weights which is where she'll be this year. :)

SallyAnne...Cheesecake Factory this year? lol

Ya, I realized after I posed the question that she said her next show was the upcoming nats....i thought she said she only did nats last year.....didnt realize she had already said shed be doing them this year as well....oops....my bad :dunno:

JUSTINIAN
06-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Rita...STUNNING! I love her look and Wish I had her Hair..just a little leaner and dryer and shes PERFECT!!!!!!:yep:

Aww, thanks Vicki! Nice to hear a sweet comment coming from an accomplished and great pro bber ;)........Rita told me about this comment while we were in the gym yesterday when i was training her on legs =) she was happy to recieve ur comment....she does have cool hair.....I agree!......ya, as far as her being leaner and dryer shes doing another show in 4 weeks where she will be MUCH leaner and dryer (as well as rounder in the muscles) so she looks forward to seeing how much she can improve now that she is already close to contest condition and doesnt have to diet down super hard like she was for this last one (had to drop 25 lbs in the last 5 weeks to make it in good enough condition) so now that she is already there she has filled her muscles back out nicely and will be coming in much more refined....and hopefully making it 7 for 7.....we'll see....she just enjoys competing....i'm the "drill sargent" :mad: lol....shes always smiling happy and easy going (except when she's training with me :-/....sigh...oh well...what can i say..just tryin to help) :) ....but again thanks for the compliments....Rita doesnt post on the boards as of yet but was super happy to see a nice compliments from great competitors like you and Debbie Bramwell and others....so thanks

Vicki Nixon
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
My Pleasure! Shes stunning and a total package and her posing skills are spot on...so with each show she will get better and I look forward to seeing her more and more!! How much does she weigh now and how tall is she? Give her ALL My best and tell her she deserves ALL those wins for sure!! And..Many More I am sure!

JUSTINIAN
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=135&year=224&bodybuilder=81#8 Rita made it 7 out of 7 (7 shows and 7 first place wins) by winning middleweight and overall at NPC Europa today!

JUSTINIAN
07-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Vicki Rita is 5'4" and was 125 here in this prejudging pic here in pink suit yesterday 7/23/10 @ Europa show....and was 128 in blue suit for finals....she was a bit flat but had 24 hrs to fill up for finals :)