PDA

View Full Version : OTC antiestrogen/anti aromitizing agents?

april 1981
06-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Hello, I am preparing for my first figure show. This show will be tested for prescription drugs. I am four weeks out and look good, but my gluts and hams are holding a little fat. My diet is in check. i'm doing plenty of cardio and i'm incorporating sprints. I was wondering if there were any good over the counter anti-estrogens that could help me to get rid of this last bit of stubborn fat? I have been looking into novladex xt, but was wondering if there was any other good options I should research. Thanks.:)

sassy69
06-12-2010, 08:48 PM
You didn't mention what show you're doing, but generally any tested show is going to ban everything from ephedra on down. Even tho Gaspari Novadex XT is OTC, I am gonna guess its on their banned list. That show or that federation should have a posted list of banned or tested substances - I would check that before just generalizing to "prescription drugs".

For example, Equipoise and Winstrol are not human grade prescription drugs - they are horse steroids, so if you generalized in prescription drugs, you might not consider those to be on the list.

In fact, I'm not sure if its actually been done, but I had heard that Gaspari Novadex XT was going to be banned by the FDA for containing other than OTC components. So that alone would make me skeptical that a tested show is going to allow it.

You're choosing to do a tested show, so be aware that this means you're all natural. Even if people apparently don't always comply w/ the 'natural' nature of these shows (eh, IMO its cheating.. there are plenty of non-tested shows to do if you want to get some supplemental help). The thing you are wanting to deal w/ is estrogen-driven, and as many of us have found, just going thru one round of competition prep may not necessarily be enough to bring about a dramatic change in the way your body has tended to be for your whole life. It can take a couple rounds of targeted prep where you're essentially conditioning your body to run more efficiently and not necessarily deposit fat where it is encouraged to by estrogen.

Another thought is that that area is also the last to go, so just continuing what you are doing can help, as well as some final water manipulation during peak week.

sam
06-12-2010, 10:14 PM
hey sassy,

april is my girlfriend. we agree that with more time, the last remaining fat will come off...at least enough of it to look good and have a fun time at her first show. i can attest to the amount of work she's been putting in. i don't think she could do more! in case you're wondering, she isn't trying to play catch up. i know that is too often the case when we see a new member create a log in and ask for pills . the way we're looking at it is, if there is anything available that might help, why not? her show says that it tests for steroids and perspiration diuretics. it also says that nothing OTC will be tested for. so i guess that in this show, that is the definition of "natural" ;). i know about various herbal and OTC supps that can help males in various ways, but am lost when it comes to the fairer sex. our friend, who is adjusting her diet, isn't schooled on anything that would work for a natural girl. we'v been researching the internet and found little bits here and there...of course nothing like the amount of info you'd find for males. so we were hoping some of you experienced gals could lend some direction for research.

You didn't mention what show you're doing, but generally any tested show is going to ban everything from ephedra on down. Even tho Gaspari Novadex XT is OTC, I am gonna guess its on their banned list. That show or that federation should have a posted list of banned or tested substances - I would check that before just generalizing to "prescription drugs".

For example, Equipoise and Winstrol are not human grade prescription drugs - they are horse steroids, so if you generalized in prescription drugs, you might not consider those to be on the list.

In fact, I'm not sure if its actually been done, but I had heard that Gaspari Novadex XT was going to be banned by the FDA for containing other than OTC components. So that alone would make me skeptical that a tested show is going to allow it.

You're choosing to do a tested show, so be aware that this means you're all natural. Even if people apparently don't always comply w/ the 'natural' nature of these shows (eh, IMO its cheating.. there are plenty of non-tested shows to do if you want to get some supplemental help). The thing you are wanting to deal w/ is estrogen-driven, and as many of us have found, just going thru one round of competition prep may not necessarily be enough to bring about a dramatic change in the way your body has tended to be for your whole life. It can take a couple rounds of targeted prep where you're essentially conditioning your body to run more efficiently and not necessarily deposit fat where it is encouraged to by estrogen.

Another thought is that that area is also the last to go, so just continuing what you are doing can help, as well as some final water manipulation during peak week.

sassy69
06-13-2010, 02:07 AM
What federation is this?

Here's a short post from the Gaspari forums:
http://gaspariforum.com/index.php?topic=5822.0

I couldnt' find much on women using this stuff. I don't know what to tell you - its a OTC but its got a test booster, which could introduce some unwanted bulk or water, and then the AI in it is going to be acting on that test and its conversion - not your natural estrogen.

musclemilf
06-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Novadex has test boosting properties, in addition to suppressing estrogen agents which cause you to fail a drug test for steroids and AIs. I think there's something on the warning label on this product about failing drug tests. Why not make an anonymous call to the federation and ask?

sassy69
06-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Novadex has test boosting properties, in addition to suppressing estrogen agents which cause you to fail a drug test for steroids and AIs. I think there's something on the warning label on this product about failing drug tests. Why not make an anonymous call to the federation and ask?

This is why I'm so skeptical about these very vague testing guidelines - there are plenty of things that are OTC that contain things that would otherwise be considered prescription. Generally even OTC AIs and test boosters are considered banned in tested federations. Only if they are literally doing urine testing will any of this stuff come up - otherwise its how well you perform on a lie detector test.

sam
06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
This is why I'm so skeptical about these very vague testing guidelines - there are plenty of things that are OTC that contain things that would otherwise be considered prescription. Generally even OTC AIs and test boosters are considered banned in tested federations. Only if they are literally doing urine testing will any of this stuff come up - otherwise its how well you perform on a lie detector test.

huh, april is having a hard time logging in. we set her account up together, used her normal password but it isn't letting her back in.we'll figure it out.

...anyway, yea, no big deal about the novedex xt. it was just one thing we came across. sounds like it's not going to be worth messing with. it also sounds like there is nothing that is really going to do what we're looking for. as a male, if i want to control dht issues for prostate health, i can consider trying saw palmetto. if i want to raise my test, i can give tribulus a try. is someone wants to drop water, they can incorporate dandelion root...thin your blood, take asprin, ect, ect, ect, but apparently, if a woman wants to reduce some estrogen, there is nothing outside of good ol fashion, tried and true, prescription drugs.

i just briefly looked into indole-3-carbinol, mentioned in that thread you posted a link to. i see that wiki says it prevents the development of estrogen enhanced cancers and a thread at bb.com says it acts like a SERM, but we have no idea how she'd respond to this, and have found no instances of female competitors using it.

sassy69
06-13-2010, 10:46 PM
huh, april is having a hard time logging in. we set her account up together, used her normal password but it isn't letting her back in.we'll figure it out.

...anyway, yea, no big deal about the novedex xt. it was just one thing we came across. sounds like it's not going to be worth messing with. it also sounds like there is nothing that is really going to do what we're looking for. as a male, if i want to control dht issues for prostate health, i can consider trying saw palmetto. if i want to raise my test, i can give tribulus a try. is someone wants to drop water, they can incorporate dandelion root...thin your blood, take asprin, ect, ect, ect, but apparently, if a woman wants to reduce some estrogen, there is nothing outside of good ol fashion, tried and true, prescription drugs.

i just briefly looked into indole-3-carbinol, mentioned in that thread you posted a link to. i see that wiki says it prevents the development of estrogen enhanced cancers and a thread at bb.com says it acts like a SERM, but we have no idea how she'd respond to this, and have found no instances of female competitors using it.

Along those lines, DIM has been recommended for estrogen mgmt.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/hormones/diindolymethane.htm

s2h
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
My question is if she is holding fat...not water...why even worry about it(OTC Anti -E's)I dont know what she is taking thermogenic wise...but that's gonna do you more good with getting off the fat..