PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan released?

~gymdiva~
06-13-2010, 08:21 PM
from wrestlezone:

by Matt Boone
Jun 11, 2010

The following is from WWE.com:

"Daniel Bryan released

WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors."

There has been speculation that Bryan's release is a work, and that WWE is continuing the NXT invasion story line. However, this appears NOT to be the case.

~gymdiva~
06-13-2010, 08:23 PM
more from WZ on the topic:

by Matt Boone
Jun 12, 2010
According to various reports from multiple sources, the reason Daniel Bryan (aka Bryan Danielson) was given his WWE release yesterday is related to the NXT angle on Raw this past Monday night.

Apparently Daniel Bryan choking out the ring announcer with his tie, after ripping his shirt off, was considered a big no-no under the current WWE PG format. The feeling was the spot was too violent and WWE management was said to be less than pleased.

According to a source, one WWE official in particular requested that Bryan be released due to the incident.
There are some who still feel Daniel Bryan's release is not a legitimate release, or is at least a move made to further the NXT angle and give it more credibility as a real life situation. Depending on which reports you believe, that is not the case and Bryan has seen his final days with WWE.

Credit F4WOnline.com for portions of the above report.

~gymdiva~
06-13-2010, 08:24 PM
John Cena is actually tweeting in response to this for everyone, including himself, to sign a petition to bring him back....I will see if I can make a clean copy and paste b/c it's about 7 tweets long!

~gymdiva~
06-13-2010, 08:30 PM
ok so read from the bottom up! HAHAHAHAHA that was way too much for me to sit here and copy and paste and rearrange and blah blah....I've got studying to do :D just wanted to update my favorite section :)

WWEJCena
That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5.
27 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
Belong with us. Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not
28 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does
29 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
Use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done
30 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could
31 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe.
32 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
Of you who are caught off guard by this choice.
34 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority
35 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
Know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But
36 minutes ago via TweetCaster

WWEJCena
I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I
37 minutes ago via TweetCaster

Uncle Benny
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow, I read about this yesterday. I hope they manage to bring him back. Finally there's a guy with pretty good mic skills and they fire him. I got studying I should get back too as well!

swoleoneday
06-14-2010, 08:17 AM
What happened to getting disciplined for something like that? Now they just fire them... Danielson has alot of potential, beyond just wrestling. He was entertaining to me on the mic, and played the Cole angle perfectly.

He got released for ripping a guys shirt off??? WTF, pretty lame to me.

~gymdiva~
06-14-2010, 11:09 AM
well no, it was the choking with the tie that's being cited....

which is way more rated R than a good ol fashioned (rated PG) gang beat down on two stars, the ref, the announcers, and the camera crew....some of whom drew blood...oh yeah, waaaaaaaay worse....

Wh1teruss1an
06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
He'll be back, the whole "release" is just part of the storyline.

swoleoneday
06-14-2010, 11:50 AM
well no, it was the choking with the tie that's being cited....

which is way more rated R than a good ol fashioned (rated PG) gang beat down on two stars, the ref, the announcers, and the camera crew....some of whom drew blood...oh yeah, waaaaaaaay worse....

I understand the tie, but that's my problem with this. the beatdown was supposed to have realism... Danielson did his job... the cameraman/production truck didn't have to show the whole choking thing... they could have switched to another camera once they realized it was too violent...

IMO, the whole angle far surpassed a PG rating.

edit, rewatched the clip, and they only showed it for 2 seconds max... so he got fired for 2 seconds of air time.

Wrex
06-14-2010, 05:10 PM
You guys want to see great wrestling?? Look up some of his matches from Ring Of Honor... This guys nickname was "Best In the World", for good reason. I really hope they bring him back, because he was a future main eventer. Oh well, if they don't bring him back, at least we will get some more classic matches out of him on the independent scene. It sucks for him, because he was finally starting to make some real money doing what he does so well.

~gymdiva~
06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I understand the tie, but that's my problem with this. the beatdown was supposed to have realism... Danielson did his job... the cameraman/production truck didn't have to show the whole choking thing... they could have switched to another camera once they realized it was too violent...

IMO, the whole angle far surpassed a PG rating.

edit, rewatched the clip, and they only showed it for 2 seconds max... so he got fired for 2 seconds of air time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA um, go back and read my post with heavy sarcasm....you'll see we're in agreement ;)

sfreemanii
06-16-2010, 07:06 AM
He is a victim of not only the PG rating WWE carries now but everyone forgets that Linda Mcmahon is running for Senate. That is what is behind this in the end. I agree with WREX, if you want to see some great wrestling then youtube Danielson vs. Nigel in ROH. It is awesome. I hope that they bring him back, because he can work circles around 99% of that roster, and his mic skills were improving.

Wrex
06-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Just found out In Augest Bryan Danielson's wrestling at the indy fed I train at/wrestle for! (NYWC) I think hes doing a clinic too, gonna get to meet him. Nice!

~gymdiva~
06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
oh sweet! definitely let us know how that goes and grab pics if you can! :)

The Big Sexy
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I heard from a wrestler that a sponsor also complained that it "resembled" what Chris Benoit did ... take it for what it is worth.

~gymdiva~
08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
if you haven't seen it (or are watching it now) the 7th member of team RAW tonight at SS against Nexus was none other than Mr. Bryan :)

let me just tell you, ol boy did not disappoint! and look for a storyline with he and the Miz now....just sayin.... ;)

Wrex
08-16-2010, 12:24 AM
if you haven't seen it (or are watching it now) the 7th member of team RAW tonight at SS against Nexus was none other than Mr. Bryan :)

let me just tell you, ol boy did not disappoint! and look for a storyline with he and the Miz now....just sayin.... ;)
Yeah I watched the show, he looked great!!! Props to WWE for letting him do his thing! Guess hes not gonna be wrestling for NYWC on the 28th anymore lol I wonder if this was a last minute decision by wwe or if they planed it. My guess is last minute.

Wrex
08-16-2010, 12:39 AM
I think it was a last minute thing, I saw this on a indie bookers facebook, who has Bryan booked for some dates:

Gabe Sapolsky (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1226304925) Ok, some Bryan answers. Yes, he will definitely be on 9/11 in Rahway, NJ vs. Sawa. It will be the only show he will be on that day. He will "most likely" be on the 9/25 & 9/26 shows. I'll have an update in a day or two. No, I was not in on it. I didn't find out anything until about 7:30pm before Summerslam and it was not from Bryan.

~gymdiva~
08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
yeah I was having a hard time telling if this was all a work or not....mainly b/c he was allowed to do indy shows and talk trash about his release....but I wouldn't put it past them to have him to that all for the sake of that surprise.....

and was Michael Cole all over the place with his announcing last night or what?!? at first I thought ok, he's taking the other side b/c someone has to....but then he'd contradict himself and then King even called him out on it a couple of times....

btw, since you watched, did you catch them saying that John Morrison started on the show Up and Up? um, what? HAHAHAHAHA I don't remember if that was Cole or Striker that said that....I was like, um Tough Enough?????

The Big Sexy
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Do we have sumerslam results?

~gymdiva~
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I'll find them and post them....nutshell version:

Kofi and Dolph was a ND b/c Nexus interrupted

Melina defeated Alicia then Lay-Cool came out, talked some trash, and attacked her

Orton won via DQ so Sheamus is still champ

Big Show pinned those two dudes that follow CM Punk after Punk bailed

Kane won....Undertaker returned....revealed (shocker) that Kane was his attacker....attacked Kane, Kane countered, Kane tombstoned UT

even after Miz had done a promo earlier in the night saying he was the 7th member when he came out Cena said, uh-uh, we didn't have time to wait on you, so here's our 7th member-enter Daniel
-->this match was actually good...Daniel got to get in two submissions and he looked freakin great....I had not been that excited to watch a match in a while....and actually, the whole match until parts at the end was very high paced and full of energy...

Jericho and Edge wound up arguing with Cena towards the end and attacking him....Cena still wound up being the last man left to face the leader of Nexus (sorry, his name is slipping me right now)....it was not going Cena's way until finally he reversed a moved, hit his submission hold, and ol boy tapped out....

HammerStrength12
08-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Kane won....Undertaker returned....revealed (shocker) that Kane was his attacker....attacked Kane, Kane countered, Kane tombstoned UT

No way?!! Why would Kane do something like that? He's never done that before!

swoleoneday
08-16-2010, 02:20 PM
DAMN IT, read this thread before watching all of SS. Oh well, I still marked a little.

I hope he's back for real. Work or not, WWE did it right, and nobody knew for sure.

I'm glad they gave him some ring time to work too, let him show how good he is.

Bryan / Miz feud can be real good if done right.

Edit: I hope they let him use his Danielson name now.

Wrex
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
yeah I was having a hard time telling if this was all a work or not....mainly b/c he was allowed to do indy shows and talk trash about his release....but I wouldn't put it past them to have him to that all for the sake of that surprise.....

and was Michael Cole all over the place with his announcing last night or what?!? at first I thought ok, he's taking the other side b/c someone has to....but then he'd contradict himself and then King even called him out on it a couple of times....

btw, since you watched, did you catch them saying that John Morrison started on the show Up and Up? um, what? HAHAHAHAHA I don't remember if that was Cole or Striker that said that....I was like, um Tough Enough?????
Haha I didn't catch that. I did hear King call Daniel Bryan, Bryan Danielson. Then Cole corrected him, and King said "How soon I forget" or something like that.