PDA

View Full Version : What else besides compete?

LisaRD23
06-14-2010, 12:40 PM
What else can someone do in the BB/Figure/Fitness industry do besides compete?

I know it is hard to get into modeling to represent supplement companies if you are not a competitor, like modeling wasn't hard enough to get into...

But what else can one do to feel they are still active in this life style besides competing?

stephaniewicked
06-14-2010, 12:45 PM
You can try to do booth work, but that might go hand-in-hand with modeling at the larger expos.

I had an opportunity last year where I worked a local show for Dymatize after speaking to the the Dymatize representative at the Atlantic States and the Garden States.

I'd be curious to hear from those who are more experienced, as I've found myself pondering this question lately myself...

LisaRD23
06-14-2010, 01:07 PM
You can try to do booth work, but that might go hand-in-hand with modeling at the larger expos.

I had an opportunity last year where I worked a local show for Dymatize after speaking to the the Dymatize representative at the Atlantic States and the Garden States.

I'd be curious to hear from those who are more experienced, as I've found myself pondering this question lately myself...

Doing booth work would be cool...but I know it's tough getting the opportunity.

stephaniewicked
06-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Doing booth work would be cool...but I know it's tough getting the opportunity.

Yeah, I would love to do it too... when you support a company and it's products, its easy to smile and talk to people about it and do your best to endorse the brand.

The Dymatize one happened by a fluke. I happened to be talking to the rep about how much I loved their one protein and he asked if I ever did vendor work and offered me the opportunity to vend a show in Brick. It was fun... I was asked to do a few others that I couldn't due to personal conflicts and never heard from them again unfortunately.

It doesn't hurt to just talk to people at shows... you never know what could come of it!

LisaRD23
06-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I think I might be done with competeing, at least for a little while any way.

But I still love the sport and I would to some how find a way to still be actively involved.

tammyp
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
if you have built up a repuatation in the sport you can judge amd promote a show or even help at shows. become a sales rep for a supp company. build websites for competitors. like for me, im a hairdresser and do make up..i could do that at shows. just gotta use what your good at i guess!

Doc Block
06-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Lisa,

I still compete but not every year, its just too much of a commitment for me at this time. I stay involved by judging, working with competitors( diet & posing), and also started a spray tanning company. It has been very fulfilling and still gives me that "fix" when I am not competing!