PDA

View Full Version : gonna sound dumb

cahemdue
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
But I don't have any size anywhere that I'm proud of. Working out 2 years, was really fat, leaned down some, went back up from bad bulking now and I'm leaning down again and getting PT for my bad back.

I make new weight left and right on my bench, bicep curls, overhead press, etc and have posted form videos on other sites have gotten critiqued so I know it's not a bad form issue.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong, like I don't get it. At all.

I get told that anyone w/ any decent size uses gear but I'm afraid to [very chemically sensitive and scared shitless of needles]. I keep hearing that stuff and don't know what to do about it. I feel like even when I work hard in the gym squatting or whatever, it's useless.

And now I'm starting to lose my hair from bad dieting in the past, I just want to see some results, somewhere from all my work.

Anyone know what I mean?

Should I just give stuff another few years and not complain or what? I know 2 years is nothing but I like to think that from hard work some come something like new muscle but it's slow as heck. I don't know if hard work is just good enough with diet or do I need something else?? I guess I mean do I need gear to get any size? My genetics are totally against me but that hasn't stopped me from working as hard as I can and usually ending up injuring my self,

fractured left ankle
screwed up my whole back but lower part
often ham/quad immobile for days after heavy ass squating or leg curls
both calves been fucked a few times

powergraham
06-16-2010, 07:11 PM
First off, don't say dumb. That is what a beginners forum is for.

I've been training two years myself, and I'm in a similar boat. But, are you sure you haven't put size on ? It sounds as if your similar to me, in that, you bulked, you put muscle on, but you also put on exponential fat, which hides your gains. Kinda like putting on a nice tee and covering it with a beige coat.

I got up to 17st 7, and I currently hover around 15st 13lb, and I'm still dieting. I look muuuuch better than I did before, so losing the fat helps.

I'm also natural, so the whole you need gear thing is bullshit. Depends what your ambitions are really, if you wana have 22" arms and a 60" chest, you probably will need some anabolic enhancement, but, you need the foundations.

First off, would you mind posting up how much you weigh, how much bodyfat % you think your carrying, your diet, and a brief idea of how you train ?

Don't fret about not being exactly where you wana be right now, because for the most part, bodybuilding and the physique culture is about the journey. As once you get to your destination, you'll probably wana change stuff anyway lol.

GirlyMuscle
06-16-2010, 08:39 PM
It's really hard to guide you in the right direction when we really know nothing about you, how you train, what you eat, etc. Consider starting a journal so others can comment on what you are doing, eating, etc. At least post up how you train, what you eat, etc here so people can help you out.

Curt James
06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
But I don't have any size anywhere that I'm proud of. Working out 2 years, was really fat, leaned down some, went back up from bad bulking now and I'm leaning down again and getting PT for my bad back.

I make new weight left and right on my bench, bicep curls, overhead press, etc and have posted form videos on other sites have gotten critiqued so I know it's not a bad form issue.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong, like I don't get it. At all.

I get told that anyone w/ any decent size uses gear but I'm afraid to [very chemically sensitive and scared shitless of needles]. I keep hearing that stuff and don't know what to do about it. I feel like even when I work hard in the gym squatting or whatever, it's useless.

And now I'm starting to lose my hair from bad dieting in the past, I just want to see some results, somewhere from all my work.

Anyone know what I mean?

Should I just give stuff another few years and not complain or what? I know 2 years is nothing but I like to think that from hard work some come something like new muscle but it's slow as heck. I don't know if hard work is just good enough with diet or do I need something else?? I guess I mean do I need gear to get any size? My genetics are totally against me but that hasn't stopped me from working as hard as I can and usually ending up injuring my self,

fractured left ankle
screwed up my whole back but lower part
often ham/quad immobile for days after heavy ass squating or leg curls
both calves been fucked a few times

Try volume training. A friend got wrecked in a car accident and did what he called a "puff and pump" routine, all high-rep and light weights.

Five sets of fifteen to twenty reps on your body parts.

I know exactly what you mean.

I'll be 48 and at age 45 I was disgusted that I was obviously NEVER going to get swole though training since age freaking 15. I chose to strip all the fat off my "skinny fat" body and get back down to my body weight at age 15.

I dieted brutally and dropped to 149 lbs. from about 175.

Rebounded and saw the best physique I've ever had (still a pathetic mess, but better than I'd previously achieved).

Was using an Ellington Darden crash diet. Designed for two weeks, I followed it for that little bit over two months. Lost two pounds ever week for ten weeks.

Yes, I lost lbm, but I don't have much to begin with, so it was almost a non-factor.

At the end of the cut:
SuGC-za9ngo
October 31, 2007 @ 149 lbs., 6'1"

After:
P5sera9-rlE
January 5, 2008 @ 186.5 lbs.

I was doing a full-body workout three times per week plus daily cardio. Near the end I was doing double cardio sessions of varying intensity. I'd spend 45 minutes to an hour on the treadmill, ten minutes at 3.0 speed, 3 minutes at 6.0, 5 minutes at 4.0, 2 minutes at 6.5, and so on.

Blogged it on BodySpace. My account is curt_james on that site, fwiw.

Anyway, no one can really give you a true evaluation or reasonable advice without seeing what you look like now.

Post pics if you want a helpful assessment. Or not. Trust me, I know what it means to feel embarrassed or less than thrilled to share physique pics. lol

Right now I'm doing compound movements using a 5 x 5 routine. I'm following a keto diet but am hoping I don't have to drop to a buck-fifty. I'm at about 185 now and hoping that ten more pounds dropped will have my waist line looking a lot leaner.

Good luck.

And, hey, you're not alone. Few people get super jacked automatically. If you want to feel better about yourself? I'm betting a trip to Walmart to do some "people watching" will reveal that you're not as bad off as you seem to believe.

Curt James
06-17-2010, 12:03 AM
It's really hard to guide you in the right direction when we really know nothing about you, how you train, what you eat, etc. Consider starting a journal so others can comment on what you are doing, eating, etc. At least post up how you train, what you eat, etc here so people can help you out.

This.

Absolutely start a journal. The feedback you receive will prove very helpful. Visit journals to get ideas as well.

G-Roy
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Like stated, start a training journal and we can all help critique you. Any plan will work as long as you stick to it. DOtn worry about AAS or prohormones, you can build a quality physique naturally.

I suspect your lack of progess is more to do with quality of diet rather than workout. WHat does you diet look like?