PDA

View Full Version : Stephaniewicked...I need your help!

GirlyMuscle
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm training a bikini girl. I can handle the training and nutrition part. I do need help with teaching her to pose. Also, is tanning the same as bodybuilding/figure? Any other tips?

stephaniewicked
06-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Sorry for the delay... been prepping for Chicago, so I hadn't been online in hours!

Well for posing, I just try to emulate the top bikini girls

HieoVWBjleA

zUkXf4iWhsc

hand on hip, cock one hip to the side, turn around, do the same thing, turn head over shoulder to look at the judges and most importantly (for anyone on stage)... SMILE!!

As for tan, mine was totally fudged last weekend and in retrospect I feel pretty crappy about it. I've seen super dark bikini girls win shows and I've seen super light bikini girls win shows. I think the key is to have smooth, even tone no matter which route you go. I've never used ProTan, but it was recommended to me by a judge to use a few coats of that, then shower it off for a nice base. Then maybe one coat (without showering) before hitting the stage...

Hope that helps!! When's her show?

GirlyMuscle
06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
She's doing the NPC Chamberlain Cup (with me...sssshhh) on Sept 18, 2010. It's a new show, only the second year and last year there were no bikini competitors (or fbbers).

She's the type of person I think bikini was designed for. She trains but does mostly cardio. Lifts a bit on her own now. She's little (5'2" and 125), cute and young (20). She wants to get into competing and she's very excited. In fact, I wanted to start training her at 12 weeks out and she is so excited she wants to start early.

I'm going to start her with two upper body days and two lower body days with cardio every day and a healthy bber type (with carbs) diet and we'll adjust as we go. If she gives me permission I might just post pics and add her training to my journal so I can get suggestions, etc.

I think I'm as excited to train her as she is to compete! Thanks, Steph! I'm sure I'll have many more questions for you as we go. :)

GirlyMuscle
06-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Great videos by the way. I'll show them to her today. She'll love it!

stephaniewicked
06-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Yay, you picked a date!! ;)

When I first started, I was doing upper/lower body splits lifting 4 days a week so I think that's a great place for a beginner or semi-beginner. I don't see why there's any reason she can't have carbs (especially if she's lifting). Thankfully Tammy didn't take mine away all prep and for that, I love her even more.. lol. Oatmeal and sweet potato FTW!!

I would love to follow along if she gives you permission to keep a journal. Best of luck to her!

debbiebramwell
06-19-2010, 02:36 PM
what great help from Stephanie. You rock sista!;)