PDA

View Full Version : T3 during TOTM

melohh
06-16-2010, 11:29 PM
so since my hormones are all out of wack when i'm on my period, and i get crazy cravings all the time, is it safe to take t3 JUST through your period then come off? i haven't done it but i'm currently waning off of it and wanted to know if it is something to do next time i get my period.

GirlyMuscle
06-17-2010, 07:33 AM
T3 is not going to cut cravings or appetite. It won't affect anything with your period...negatively or positively. What is your reasoning for wanting to use it then?

The Prodigy
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
I would think you would be better off taking a fat burner and maybe one with an appetite suppressant as part of it. T3 is something that you shouldn't take just because you feel like it or you will screw up your thyroid and metabolism.

Suzanne
06-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Just like any other craving. Just don't do it! Just make the choice not to eat It is always a choice.

InHonorInMind
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
so since my hormones are all out of wack when i'm on my period, and i get crazy cravings all the time, is it safe to take t3 JUST through your period then come off? i haven't done it but i'm currently waning off of it and wanted to know if it is something to do next time i get my period.

T3 is not going to cut cravings or appetite. It won't affect anything with your period...negatively or positively. What is your reasoning for wanting to use it then?

I would think you would be better off taking a fat burner and maybe one with an appetite suppressant as part of it. T3 is something that you shouldn't take just because you feel like it or you will screw up your thyroid and metabolism.

T3 is a thyroid hormone that needs to be ramped (dosage) up slowly and ramped down slowly if you chose to take it. Most people don't even advise taking it at all....and if you are going to you need to be smart about it. Just throwing it in for a week at whatever dose is a terrible idea. And like GirlyMuscle said, it will have nothing to do with your cravings etc. The best thing you can do is plan so you have a cheat meal perhaps pre/during your menstrual week when the cravings are worst so you can satisfy that. OR, try something alternative, like CoCo Chai tea (0 Calories ) or yes even Coffee can be great!! Caffeine helps blunt cravings as well. Just be strong, I know its hard, but don't result to T3...You'll just have to try a few different things to find out what works best for you...Tea is by far my favorite, you can even use some sugar free creamer....

melohh
06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
okay great thanks for the help.

sassy69
06-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Particularly w/ hormones (this includes thyroid and sex hormones), just "taking something" doesn't "fix" day to day things. Since hormones are the foundation of how your body works, consistency is abig deal, and slow, incremental changes and then consistency is how it likes to work. Any dramatic changes mostly just result in an equally or more dramatic rebound in the other way from what you wanted.

This is sort of like playing w/ steroids - you can't pick and choose the results and sides you want, and then you can't try to take a bunch of other stuff to suppress the sides you do have to deal with.

In this case you want to deal w/ the "cravings" that are a result of the estrogen process w/ something that isn't involving other hormones.

Honestly, just plan for it. Just because its TOTM doesn't mean you are allowed to let it all go. Half of it is just associations you have.

I'll throw out that I've successfully used Hoodia for the last 5 yrs. I use the high dose stuff (> 850 mg/tab). It doesn't work immediately but rather it starts to kill your "taste" for things.

melohh
06-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Particularly w/ hormones (this includes thyroid and sex hormones), just "taking something" doesn't "fix" day to day things. Since hormones are the foundation of how your body works, consistency is abig deal, and slow, incremental changes and then consistency is how it likes to work. Any dramatic changes mostly just result in an equally or more dramatic rebound in the other way from what you wanted.

This is sort of like playing w/ steroids - you can't pick and choose the results and sides you want, and then you can't try to take a bunch of other stuff to suppress the sides you do have to deal with.

In this case you want to deal w/ the "cravings" that are a result of the estrogen process w/ something that isn't involving other hormones.

Honestly, just plan for it. Just because its TOTM doesn't mean you are allowed to let it all go. Half of it is just associations you have.

I'll throw out that I've successfully used Hoodia for the last 5 yrs. I use the high dose stuff (> 850 mg/tab). It doesn't work immediately but rather it starts to kill your "taste" for things.

what's hoodia?

GirlyMuscle
06-18-2010, 07:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodia_gordonii

sassy69
06-18-2010, 06:28 PM
what's hoodia?

Here's what I use:

http://www.puritan.com/hoodia-528?searchterm=hoodia&rdcnt=1&page=1&sortOrder=2