PDA

View Full Version : quality affordable whey isolate?

parker7
06-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi, I just ran out of whey and am about to place a order for a whey isolate, just looking for suggestions on a good isolate that isn't too expensive. I plan on ordering 10 pounds.

Leatherhead
06-17-2010, 08:13 PM
check out trueprotien.com. cold filter whey iso. use my discount code in sig to get 5% off or 10% off 16lbs or more.

JamesWebb
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
trueprotein.com for sure. try the choc pb or choc coconut flavor for sure. and use my code instead of leatherhead's lol.

MightyMetcalf
06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
proteinfactory.com is better!
http://proteinfactory.com/shop/product.php?productid=971&cat=0&page=1
dat dere is what I use and its got 27grams protein per serving..beat that with the price..

Costco77
06-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Whey concentrate is much cheaper and if your stomach can handle it I would do that, mix it with some milk and you got yourself a great combo of whey and casein. You don't need Isolate.

I usually get mine at trueprotein.com or proteinfactory.com

...there you know you're getting quality stuff!

kratos47
06-20-2010, 10:59 PM
proteinfactory.com is better!
http://proteinfactory.com/shop/product.php?productid=971&cat=0&page=1
dat dere is what I use and its got 27grams protein per serving..beat that with the price..

am i seeing that right. 5lbs for 30 bucks?

Chris Pearce
06-20-2010, 11:09 PM
This is a brand (Muscle Gauge Nutrition) that I've been using for about a year now and I LOVE IT.
Now, I'll be honest with you, bodybuilding.com has had a difficult time keeping it in stock because it's such a decent product at a reasonable price so when it's in, I usually pick up 10 to 15 pounds.

The weight to protein ratio is like, 28.4 grams to 25 grams of protein... which is pretty decent. The remaining 3.4 grams is flavoring systems, etc...

and by the whey (sorry bad pun)... by the way, the flavors taste amazing. I highly recommend Ice Cream Sandwich, Chocolate, Chocolate Caramel, and Vanilla.

The Cinnamon Bun was decent, Cake Batter is ok as well, kinda too sweet for me though.

If you buy any, don't get Peanut Butter or Banana. The Peanut-butter wasn't that good... the Banana resembled Banana flavored runts (which I hate).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mgn/pureisolate.html

MightyMetcalf
06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
am i seeing that right. 5lbs for 30 bucks?

that is correct

beefyfan
06-24-2010, 10:17 PM
This is a brand (Muscle Gauge Nutrition) that I've been using for about a year now and I LOVE IT.
Now, I'll be honest with you, bodybuilding.com has had a difficult time keeping it in stock because it's such a decent product at a reasonable price so when it's in, I usually pick up 10 to 15 pounds.

The weight to protein ratio is like, 28.4 grams to 25 grams of protein... which is pretty decent. The remaining 3.4 grams is flavoring systems, etc...

and by the whey (sorry bad pun)... by the way, the flavors taste amazing. I highly recommend Ice Cream Sandwich, Chocolate, Chocolate Caramel, and Vanilla.

The Cinnamon Bun was decent, Cake Batter is ok as well, kinda too sweet for me though.

If you buy any, don't get Peanut Butter or Banana. The Peanut-butter wasn't that good... the Banana resembled Banana flavored runts (which I hate).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mgn/pureisolate.html
i love this product as well, but the vanilla is fucking horrible. i am going to send mine back and exchange it for more chocolate or chocolate mint.

jacshelb
06-25-2010, 01:14 AM
For whatever it's worth. I got curious about trueprotein's gemma (pea) protein. So I ordered some vanilla flavored. The taste isn't as good as whey. But, I will say it's palatable and I seriously can't tell a difference in results. Just tastes a little "chalky" or something. Not nearly as bad as the old soy proteins I used to buy in the 90s.

LookinFit75
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Whey concentrate is much cheaper and if your stomach can handle it I would do that, mix it with some milk and you got yourself a great combo of whey and casein. You don't need Isolate.

I usually get mine at trueprotein.com or proteinfactory.com

...there you know you're getting quality stuff!

what is the difference between the two and how much of a price difference are we looking at here?
Personally, I get my whey from Costco. They have 5lbs bags of EAS whey for $26. Each bag hag about 76 servings I believe. Stuff tastes good and mixes real easy.

Costco77
06-30-2010, 02:39 AM
what is the difference between the two and how much of a price difference are we looking at here?
Personally, I get my whey from Costco. They have 5lbs bags of EAS whey for $26. Each bag hag about 76 servings I believe. Stuff tastes good and mixes real easy.

A true WPI contains more than 90% pure protein...The end product of isolate is a result of further concentrating the protein usuing different ultrafiltration processes this process screens out mainly fat and lactose from the whey as a result you have proteins like: ion-exchange, CFM isolate, cold-filtration, etc....However, with all the filtration processes it further denatures the whey and changes the PH. You should want to maintain the native stucture of the protein fractions as much as possible, therefore the closest thing to whey in it's native stucture would be Whey Concentrate or Casein or better yet Micellular Casein. The reason why a lot of people go with WPI is because that filtration process takes out most of the lactose which is what a lot of people are alergic to, so if your stomach can handle it like mine stick with the whey concentrate. But keep in mind that the quality of whey concentrate is not always the same that's why i like to stick with trueprotein.com or proteinfactory.com to know that i'm getting high quality protein. And yes it is a huge price difference but it's hard to know if supplement companies are usuing high quality whey, so don't just jump on the cheapest stuff you can find. I have also seen the EAS 5lb. whey at costco it might be good stuff idk...but i just like to stick with what i know is good at trueprotein.com or proteinfactory.com the price will actually be the same as costco you just have to pay a bit more for the shipping. Hope this helps

My favorite mix is a Whey concentrate/Micellular casein strawberry mix with natural stevia sweetener

Deadlifter91
06-30-2010, 06:00 AM
i use MGN whey to but what ever you do, DO NOT get the peanut butter if you can imagine whey with a card board flavor thats it and i bought a 25 pound bag of the stuff. the cake batter flavor was meh, the cinnamon bun was good at first but got old quick, the ice cream sandwich wasnt bad though. im gonna try trueprotein or proteinfactory next

G-Roy
06-30-2010, 02:15 PM
For whatever it's worth. I got curious about trueprotein's gemma (pea) protein. So I ordered some vanilla flavored. The taste isn't as good as whey. But, I will say it's palatable and I seriously can't tell a difference in results. Just tastes a little "chalky" or something. Not nearly as bad as the old soy proteins I used to buy in the 90s.

I made a trueprotein mix of gemma/rice/whey. It was cheap and didtn tast bad, just a little chalky like you said. I put it in the blender with coconut milk, a tbsp of dark coco powder and some ice and it was awesome.

LookinFit75
06-30-2010, 05:15 PM
A true WPI contains more than 90% pure protein...The end product of isolate is a result of further concentrating the protein usuing different ultrafiltration processes this process screens out mainly fat and lactose from the whey as a result you have proteins like: ion-exchange, CFM isolate, cold-filtration, etc....However, with all the filtration processes it further denatures the whey and changes the PH. You should want to maintain the native stucture of the protein fractions as much as possible, therefore the closest thing to whey in it's native stucture would be Whey Concentrate or Casein or better yet Micellular Casein. The reason why a lot of people go with WPI is because that filtration process takes out most of the lactose which is what a lot of people are alergic to, so if your stomach can handle it like mine stick with the whey concentrate. But keep in mind that the quality of whey concentrate is not always the same that's why i like to stick with trueprotein.com or proteinfactory.com to know that i'm getting high quality protein. And yes it is a huge price difference but it's hard to know if supplement companies are usuing high quality whey, so don't just jump on the cheapest stuff you can find. I have also seen the EAS 5lb. whey at costco it might be good stuff idk...but i just like to stick with what i know is good at trueprotein.com or proteinfactory.com the price will actually be the same as costco you just have to pay a bit more for the shipping. Hope this helps

My favorite mix is a Whey concentrate/Micellular casein strawberry mix with natural stevia sweetener

Thanks for the low-down.
I just checked my EAS from costco and it's concentrate. I obviously don't have any problem digesting it as I mix it with milk HAHAHA!
I'll see what Dante's company has to offer when this is done or maybe protien factory.

beefyfan
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM
whatever you guys do, stay away from Muscle Gauge Nutriton Whey Protein Isolate. It was awesome at one time, but they changed suppliers and now it is total garbage. Mixes and tastes like shit. I had both chocolate and vanilla and no difference. Thankfully, bb.com is comping me for the entire order. Shipping included.

Silidons
06-30-2010, 10:33 PM
i used to get All The Whey Isolate, switched to Muscle Gauge Nutrition Isolate (been through about 75lbs combined) and now I am currently using Dymatize Iso-100. I enjoy the Iso-100 a lot more and I feel more confident that it is true whey isolate. The Chocolate flavor tastes AMAZING too.

TopGunnr
07-03-2010, 06:01 PM
How bout Isopure's low carb, any input on that?

baloni
07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
whatever you guys do, stay away from Muscle Gauge Nutriton Whey Protein Isolate. It was awesome at one time, but they changed suppliers and now it is total garbage. Mixes and tastes like shit. I had both chocolate and vanilla and no difference. Thankfully, bb.com is comping me for the entire order. Shipping included.
THIS!!! It tastes like protein mixed with a fine sand, total garbage.

Yonkersguy
07-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I heard that they went back to the original supplier and it now tastes great again. I could be wrong though, I haven't ordered it since March.

jspeiser
07-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Intergrated Supplements Whey Isolate, I love this stuff. Its 100% natural CFM, Lactose free, No Sucralose, No Aspatame, No added casein, No artificial flavors, and Gluten Free!!

Iron152
08-02-2010, 01:52 PM
trueprotein.com for sure. try the choc pb or choc coconut flavor for sure. and use my code instead of leatherhead's lol.

so i tried, ordered 2 lbs to start... hopefully its good

used ur promo code

big.poppa.pump
08-02-2010, 01:59 PM
trueprotein.com.........don't get isolyze, its the same stuff

Karuk
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
The makers of Muscle Milk are selling 6lbs bags of 80% concentrate 20% isolate at costco for $28. Taste is very good.

EAS bags have concentrate, soy, and isolate.

beefyfan
08-05-2010, 11:22 PM
the makers of muscle milk are selling 6lbs bags of 80% concentrate 20% isolate at costco for $28. Taste is very good.

Eas bags have concentrate, soy, and isolate.

^this^

G-Roy
08-05-2010, 11:53 PM
anyone use muscle feast protein yet? http://musclefeast.com/ 5lbs whey isolate 31.99 5 lbs casein 34.99. only thing you can get flavored is the isolate and they use stevia. free shipping on orders over $100.