PDA

View Full Version : hematocrit

Silidons
06-19-2010, 01:09 AM
my last cycle was 250mg test e for 8 wks. it was about 6 months ago. totally drug free since. i recently got tested and my hematocrit is at 44.5. i wanted to do another cycle @ 500mg test e for 12-16 weeks. will this much test raise it too high?

thanks

Bryan Hildebrand
06-19-2010, 08:44 AM
it shouldnt, as this is not a typical side effect of test alone. and unless your lab used a different scale, 44.5 is at the low end of normal. norms are 42-54% for adult males. also, when you only have one lab value to work with, its not too reliable. there are so many factors that can cause fluctuation; hydration levels, calcium levels, alcohol consumption, how hard you trained before your labs, overtraining, excessive cardio.... if you are concerned about an elevated level (for any lab) a followup lab with controlled conditions is what I advise. take 3 days off before labs, be well hydrated, minimize supplements the day before...

heavyiron
06-19-2010, 11:30 AM
it shouldnt, as this is not a typical side effect of test alone. and unless your lab used a different scale, 44.5 is at the low end of normal. norms are 42-54% for adult males. also, when you only have one lab value to work with, its not too reliable. there are so many factors that can cause fluctuation; hydration levels, calcium levels, alcohol consumption, how hard you trained before your labs, overtraining, excessive cardio.... if you are concerned about an elevated level (for any lab) a followup lab with controlled conditions is what I advise. take 3 days off before labs, be well hydrated, minimize supplements the day before...
This ^^^

Silidons
06-19-2010, 08:40 PM

alright, thanks. forgot to tell the range, it's 36-50, so it seemed on the high end of things. it's probably because of all the cardio i've done the past month and a half.

Bryan Hildebrand
06-20-2010, 12:16 AM
high that would be of pretty great concern would be 62 & up.
I had a 64 once. it was with food poisoning. I lost so much fluid shitting and hurling when i wound up in the ER I was 64. 6 liters of normal saline later and I was almost feeling human again.

rockhard
06-20-2010, 12:34 AM
alright, thanks. forgot to tell the range, it's 36-50, so it seemed on the high end of things. it's probably because of all the cardio i've done the past month and a half.
Mine runs 50-52, and I'm lifetime nattie. Doctor said I should have been an endurance athlete, plenty of O2 carrying capability.....

Silidons
06-20-2010, 02:06 AM
high that would be of pretty great concern would be 62 & up.
I had a 64 once. it was with food poisoning. I lost so much fluid shitting and hurling when i wound up in the ER I was 64. 6 liters of normal saline later and I was almost feeling human again.
that's shitty!

Mine runs 50-52, and I'm lifetime nattie. Doctor said I should have been an endurance athlete, plenty of O2 carrying capability.....
yeah i think mine is slightly higher genetically too. even when i was fat i could run as fast and as long as the other kids in middle school :D

i kinda wanted to run EQ maybe but i think that will make me push it higher and i don't want to go give blood and stuff these other guys do in order to run diff drugs.

Dave Naugler
06-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi guys, im new to the board here and i just wanted to know if anyone could post a good read on "HEMATOCRIT".. I heard Dave and John mention it on Heavy Muscle Radio, and i am curious about its meaning and functions.
By the way... luv listening to these guys, they really make me laugh...!
Thx

Bryan Hildebrand
06-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Ilike the Mayo clinics online sourcing. always a good place to start. you can also utilize the CDC's wesbite. www.cdc.gov (http://www.cdc.gov)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hematocrit/MY00381

Dave Naugler
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
thx attila. I'll look into it

Dave Naugler
06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
that was actually one of the better reads attila. So many times i get lost in all the medical terminology, but this source is very clear.
Thank you.

Bryan Hildebrand
06-21-2010, 08:56 PM
my brother in law runs the website and I have done some of the literature review... leyman friendly.