PDA

View Full Version : Setting realistic goals

alex a
06-19-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been working with quite a few competitors and people who just want to get in shape........

and in working with them....the number one thing we strive for is a realistic goal to achieve...

I always stress quality over quantity.. Being 5'4" and stage weight of 162-165 i have to have quality over quantity.

In my pic here, i just set a goal to get in the best shape of my life and dropped 45lbs... the other guy is a client of mine who lost 50lbs in 4 months..

Quite often i get people who want to work with me and want to gain like 25 lbs in a year...

And im thinking they need to lose 25lbs...

Topher
06-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Nice job! Quite a transformation!

ray_bcmb
06-19-2010, 12:13 PM
50 in 4 months is insane. Good work. I feel lucky to get 1/2 to 1 lb per week right now. Started in Jan and dropped 20 so far can't wait to get to 180, 30 more to go.

alex a
06-19-2010, 12:45 PM
50 in 4 months is insane. Good work. I feel lucky to get 1/2 to 1 lb per week right now. Started in Jan and dropped 20 so far can't wait to get to 180, 30 more to go.

stay focused .. and keep working hard.. You will get there..

Keep an eye on your strength too so you dont start losing muscle.

When i work with these guys, i keep an eye on their lifts so they dont start losing muscle in the process.. Believe it or not, i was getting stronger with each week.. At this point, i know that my diet and prep was in order..

ray_bcmb
06-19-2010, 01:20 PM
stay focused .. and keep working hard.. You will get there..

Keep an eye on your strength too so you dont start losing muscle.

When i work with these guys, i keep an eye on their lifts so they dont start losing muscle in the process.. Believe it or not, i was getting stronger with each week.. At this point, i know that my diet and prep was in order..

I'm definitely maintaining strength and getting stronger as time goes on.
Thanks for the advice! I try to look into your service later as soon as some $ frees up for me.