PDA

View Full Version : Do you say something or not?

Wetdawg
06-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I was in the Gym doing my workout, when I happen to see this guy in his 40's reping dumb bell curls. His right arm had a 35lb, his left had a 20lb. I have seen some strange stuff before, but what the hell! Do you stop what you are doing and ask this guy, wtf is he doing? :dunno:

THEFILTHYGREEK
06-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Keep your head phones on and act like you didn't even notice! Take the advice of a man, who has had a few bad experiences with stuff like this.
Before speaking with people at the gym ask yourself these three questions;
1. Is this going to be a long conversation?
2. Is this going to be a waste of my time?
3. Will anything good come of this?
Then continue on with your work out and mind your business.............
trust me
this is good advice

OHIOSTEVE
06-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Keep your head phones on and act like you didn't even notice! Take the advice of a man, who has had a few bad experiences with stuff like this.
Before speaking with people at the gym ask yourself these three questions;
1. Is this going to be a long conversation?
2. Is this going to be a waste of my time?
3. Will anything good come of this?
Then continue on with your work out and mind your business.............
trust me
this is good advice
yep.. if he was benching and had an extra plate on one side MAYBE say something.. But he OBVIOUSLY knew he had a 15 pound difference so why bother cause his explanation would not make any sense anyway.

Baldiewonkanobi
06-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Weider Principle #13

Baldie

joedemarco
06-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Maybe he was rehabbing an injury. His arm might have been in a cast for a while and is much weaker then the other.

Or, he might just be a f--king idiot.

THEVMAN
06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Either way, unless they ask you a question, your action to help is likely to fall on def ears. I used to try - I would see someone rolling their shoulders around doing heavy shrugs, or rotator cuff exercises with the stack and warn them that they could damage something in a concerned polite way --- most think they know what they are doing it even if they invented some crazy ass thing that will give them an injury. It is hard to find someone that is really interested in improving. They prefer to follow a Mag like Muscle & Fitness. I have nothing against M&F - but ever since they ran the article where they have you throw the weight in the air and catch it, I have given up on them

Mac
06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Since I prefer not to be bothered in the gym, I don't bother anyone else.

AnglicanBeachParty
06-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe he was rehabbing an injury. His arm might have been in a cast for a while and is much weaker then the other.

That's what I was thinking, too.

Wetdawg
06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Ok, after watching him two weeks, i asked him. He said his left arm is weaker than his right. I suggested that he use the max weight of his left arm for the right and build them up together. I got : "What, and loose the size in my right bicep" End of conversation, I walked. Some people you cannot help

I guess from now on, i just "see no evil" and keep to myself.