PDA

View Full Version : Sound like a plan?

British_Boss
06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Right this is my plan - I'm fairly new into body building and the likes, I've only done some weights and that since I was about 14. I'm 17 now.

I'm 180lbs, around 5"11 and my bf% if about 17% - I'm currently cutting on a keto diet and I want to reach around 8% bodyfat. After that I am going to try and lean bulk by staying on this diet (plenty of protein) but adding in carbs slowly until I reach an optimum point where fat gain is minimal and muscle gain is decent.

If the progress is crap I'll scrap that and eat 'healthy' foods, make sure I get plenty of protein and calories but not be bothered about fat gain, to ensure I build maximum amount of muscle (or at least a reasonable amount). Then if that's successful I'll cut again on keto to ensure minimal muscle loss and repeat.

Sound good or crap? Like I say, new to this really. I plan to cut from now until September, then bulk from September until March, then cut again March until June or July, then repeat over and over again.

Sledge
06-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Sounds good mate.
Make sure you give it time to work before you decide "progress is crap". Stick to the same plan for a couple of months before making the decision. A common mistake people make is to get started for a week or two and if they don't see fantastic results they change.
But all in all your plan looks pretty good. have you set some goals to monitor your progress against? You should start a log in the mens training log section so we can all follow your progress..

British_Boss
06-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Sounds good mate.
Make sure you give it time to work before you decide "progress is crap". Stick to the same plan for a couple of months before making the decision. A common mistake people make is to get started for a week or two and if they don't see fantastic results they change.
But all in all your plan looks pretty good. have you set some goals to monitor your progress against? You should start a log in the mens training log section so we can all follow your progress..
Thanks for the encouraging post, good to get some motivation! That is great advice mate, it takes a while for the body to change. Past few days/past week I've not seen much change, wake up this morning and I am looking lean! Not sure what happened, but it's good!

No goals as such, other than the cutting goal(s) which will always be to cut to around 8% bf, with building muscle I want to try and just gain as much in the 6 months or so as possible.

Thanks, might just do that. Have a great day/night!