PDA

View Full Version : help with diet

jenniferlmueller
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I am 5'8 and 164 lbs and doing my first npc bodybuilding show in 9 weeks. I was wondering about my diet and if i need to be in the cutting phase?
My diet is as follows:

7:00 am 6 egg whites and 1/4 cup of oatmeal or 1 whole pink grapefruit.

10:00 am 6oz fish or chicken and 1/2 sweet potatoe

1:00 pm 6oz fish or chicken, broc or aspragus

3:00pm synthia 6 protein shake 11/2 scoops. after workout

6:00 pm 6oz fish or chicken, broc or aspragus

10:00 1 tablespoon of natural peanutbutter of almond butter.

my problem area is my glutes.

my cardio consist of 30 min in the morning and 30 min at night. I am not sure if I am on track?

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
why do you do the fat alone?

tammyp
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
its hard to say since we dont know what you look like. can you post a pic?

sassy69
06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Yep! Also I guess you can judge the value of your program as it currently is by the results it is producing. In my experience, when you have the "burn rate" set up and running, you should be dropping around 1% of bodyfat / week. You didnt' say where you are at or what your expected stage weight is. Its hard to guess your build just on height & weight alone, or how far you have to go.

jenniferlmueller
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I am not sure why I do fat alone. I do what my boyfriend who competes tells me. I will post a current pic. He doesn't like me to question him. I wanted to get a few female opinions who have experience.

~gymdiva~
06-24-2010, 10:18 PM
he doesn't like you questioning him? oh that's a recipe for disaster....

SallyAnne
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM

^^This. Questions are a good thing - how are you supposed to learn if he is unwilling to share the what/how/why of the diet and training...unless he deliberately wants you to be in the dark.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I dealt with a past bf who never wanted to answer any of my questions, and then got mad when I started reading up on things.....he wanted to hold me back so that I was 100% dependent on him.....turns out, he was insecure and now I am glad that I know reasons behind what to do......
Do not get locked in that category......You should have a bf that encourages you to learn and be independent not totally dependent.....

InHonorInMind
06-30-2010, 03:19 PM

haha, yup!!! Plus its good if you read up on stuff on your own. BFs come and go I've found....you need to educate yourself! You don't want to dump your whole diet and all the progress you've made if he breaks up with you or it goes south for whatever reason. . . you need to be able to keep rocking gf! These chicks on here are awesome with a plethora of info! You'll be taken care of here!

sassy69
06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I am not sure why I do fat alone. I do what my boyfriend who competes tells me. I will post a current pic. He doesn't like me to question him. I wanted to get a few female opinions who have experience.

Since the last meal is almond butter, it's a fat, but it is also a protein. Most people make a fat / protein their last meal of the day because the fat slows down the rate that last meal is metabolized so you're going a shorter period of time w/o any food in your system until your next meal in the morning. Also carbs tend to burn up faster and give you a little spike that could interfere w/ your ability to sleep well.

This is sort of commonly followed, so he should be able to give you this reason off the top of his head.

RE: the rest of where you're at - can you include what is your bodyfat % right now? Are you noticing that you're losing bodyfat at a steady rate? If not you can probably very easily start increasing your cardio - I'm 5'7", compete around 145-150, 160-170 off season and I need 2 hrs of regular cardio / day to make progress.

RE: butt fat - this is typical of most women as it is driven by estrogen-pattern fat depositing. Since trying to make a dramatic change in the way your body is tends to operate (i.e. depositing fat in that area) is not somethign that just comes easily, you'll need to just keep doing what you're doing. Your upper body will continue to lean out more, but the butt & lower back is where the judges look to gauge conditioning, so you need this to come in more than you need to worry about losing mass on the top by continued dieting.

What sort of cardio are you doing? Have you tried HIIT?