PDA

View Full Version : Self Waxing

Jello
06-27-2010, 01:34 AM
My wife wants to get waxed before we go to Maui this summer but she is afraid to be in that kind of "Position" in front of someone she does not know. I keep telling her they are professional and do that for a living but she is just not comfortable.

Do any of you girls know of or use a good at home waxing kit?

Also, for obvious reasons, she wants me to do it for her. Do any of you have any tips/hints/tricks to make this thing less painful or easier?

tight booty
06-27-2010, 03:12 AM
She really should go to someone experienced, unless she knows what she is doing. Wax has to be hot but not too hot and you have to pull hair out in the right direction. Let me tell you something....at the moment, I am suffering from burnt eyelids due to being waxed. And that was from a professional too....:mad: I think she had the temp of the wax too hot but it stung like crazy at the time and then I noticed that my eyelids were bright red. Now they are scabbing up and skin is coming off....very so unsexy and it pisses me off because I paid alot for this service!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-27-2010, 05:23 AM
I only wax my face.....never my region...I would def go to a professional....they apply the right products to prep the skin and sooth the skin post waxing.....

GirlyMuscle
06-27-2010, 07:00 AM
I would never wax the bikini line myself if I wasn't trained in how to wax. (Which I am) It's very easy to cause bloodblisters from improper techniques around the bikini area. Tell her most places have you wear either your undies, a swimsuit or paper thongs (g-strings for non-Americans). They are very discreet and professional. The only way someone would see more than she's comfortable with is if she goes for a Brazilian (wax off everything).

Jello
06-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, she wants to do a brazilian.

After reading this I'm not even going to take a chance of messing up that particular plac

Jello
06-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I only wax my face.....never my region...I would def go to a professional....they apply the right products to prep the skin and sooth the skin post waxing.....

I see you're in Scottsdale, I live in Anthem. Where do you go to get it done?

stephaniewicked
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I went to cosmetology school and learned how to wax... tried to do it to myself once and it wasn't the most pleasant experience. :hypno:

Have her go to a salon and get it done by a licensed esthetician or cosmetologist. They are very professional, as it is their job, so no reason to feel uncomfortable. She can tell them it is her first time and I am sure they will be more than understanding...

If you want to try it at home though, I'd recommend the Gigi wax kit.

1. Clean the area before getting started.
2. Check temperature of wax on wrist before applying to desired area (to make sure it isn't too hot.)
3. Apply a thin layer of wax in the direction of the hair growth.
4. Smooth the wax strip on, pressing firmly.
5. Remove quickly in the opposite direction of hair growth without lifting the strip too high! It needs to pull it back, not UP!
6. Apply aftercare lotion.

I found that when I tried to do it, the position was very awkward (even with one leg up, facing a mirror) and I ended up having to shave anyway afterwards...

Jello
06-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I went to cosmetology school and learned how to wax... tried to do it to myself once and it wasn't the most pleasant experience. :hypno:

Have her go to a salon and get it done by a licensed esthetician or cosmetologist. They are very professional, as it is their job, so no reason to feel uncomfortable. She can tell them it is her first time and I am sure they will be more than understanding...

If you want to try it at home though, I'd recommend the Gigi wax kit.

1. Clean the area before getting started.
2. Check temperature of wax on wrist before applying to desired area (to make sure it isn't too hot.)
3. Apply a thin layer of wax in the direction of the hair growth.
4. Smooth the wax strip on, pressing firmly.
5. Remove quickly in the opposite direction of hair growth without lifting the strip too high! It needs to pull it back, not UP!
6. Apply aftercare lotion.

I found that when I tried to do it, the position was very awkward (even with one leg up, facing a mirror) and I ended up having to shave anyway afterwards...

Thanks, but I think I'm taking the other girls advice and leaving this one up to the Pro's. Some things you just don't want to mess up.

That being said, anyone have any horror stories related to this topic? Might as well find some humor in this one;)

06-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I see you're in Scottsdale, I live in Anthem. Where do you go to get it done?

There's a place in old town that specializes in waxing.....let me see If I can find that info for you.

06-27-2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.canyonfalls.com/spa/waxing/
http://www.suddenlyslimmer.com/brazilian-waxing.html

http://www.waxcenter.com/mrd_ppc_campaign.php?p=5&gclid=CNvcxMuUwaICFR8ZawodRFSu3A

stephaniewicked
06-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks, but I think I'm taking the other girls advice and leaving this one up to the Pro's. Some things you just don't want to mess up.

That being said, anyone have any horror stories related to this topic? Might as well find some humor in this one;)

I agree... good idea!

I don't have one, but I've heard some bad experiences. Make sure the salon is clean, sanitary and that they are licensed. Also, they should NOT be double dipping the applicator into the wax pot. They should throw the spatula (applicator) away and use a new one for each application.

Jello
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Wax Center was the one I just found last night for her. Rates looked pretty good also, but I've never really looked for this before.That Suddenly Slimmer has a numbing solution they advertise. Have any of you had that and does it work?

tight booty
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM

I have 3 horror stories. The first one was when I first got a brazilian wax. Basically the wax kept crumbing and the beauty therapist couldn't rip it off properly. I never went back.
The second diaster story was when hot wax accidently dripped onto my clit. My eyes watered, as it hurt like crazy but then It turned to intense pleasure....felt so good! :p But it was still a horror story, even though it had a good ending! ;)
The third horror story was the worst and took place in Dallas USA, when I was travelling in 2007. I went for a brazilian at a asian nail salon and I was left in a room while different women came in and inspected my pussy. About 5 guys sat outside the room and everytime the door opened as a woman left, they tried to get a look at me. :mad: Then one of the female beauty therapists began waxing me with a rollar device. I was like wtf. It wasn't ripping the hair out properly and she said "it's ok, I pluck". I was like "no you won't, don't come near me again....I changed my mind and won't be getting a brazilian from you. You have no idea what you are doing". I got up and got dressed and went out to get my nails done. :hypno:

Jello
06-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I have 3 horror stories. The first one was when I first got a brazilian wax. Basically the wax kept crumbing and the beauty therapist couldn't rip it off properly. I never went back.
The second diaster story was when hot wax accidently dripped onto my clit. My eyes watered, as it hurt like crazy but then It turned to intense pleasure....felt so good! :p But it was still a horror story, even though it had a good ending! ;)
The third horror story was the worst and took place in Dallas USA, when I was travelling in 2007. I went for a brazilian at a asian nail salon and I was left in a room while different women came in and inspected my pussy. About 5 guys sat outside the room and everytime the door opened as a woman left, they tried to get a look at me. :mad: Then one of the female beauty therapists began waxing me with a rollar device. I was like wtf. It wasn't ripping the hair out properly and she said "it's ok, I pluck". I was like "no you won't, don't come near me again....I changed my mind and won't be getting a brazilian from you. You have no idea what you are doing". I got up and got dressed and went out to get my nails done. :hypno:

You keep candles near your bed now;)

You got something down there that warranted so much attention? I would think something was wrong with them after the second one came in and looked, would have been a sign to run. Surprised you let them do your nails after that. You must have been in a hurry.

tight booty
06-27-2010, 07:35 PM
You keep candles near your bed now;)

You got something down there that warranted so much attention? I would think something was wrong with them after the second one came in and looked, would have been a sign to run. Surprised you let them do your nails after that. You must have been in a hurry.
I actually do have candles by my bed. I love candles, have had them around my home for many years now. But I haven't had wax dripped on me during sex. I should change this....:p
I did think something was wrong after the second woman came in and inspected me and left and then another woman entered the room. I believe they had never done a brazilian wax before.
My nails turned out disasterous as well. I found a really good mall a few days later and had a very professional brazilian wax. :)

fitmomma3
06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
haha google the episode of the kardashians where Kourtney puts it on Khloe and messes her up bigtime down there lol (its a cardio TV guilty pleasure) I would NEVER recommend trying it at home.

06-27-2010, 07:43 PM

yeah, asian salons only offer good face wax and nails.....I would never trust them to wax down under.......
I also would have charged them for opening the door with the voyeurs outside......

tight booty
06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
yeah, asian salons only offer good face wax and nails.....I would never trust them to wax down under.......
I also would have charged them for opening the door with the voyeurs outside......
I was absolutely mortified to have 5 guys standing at the door trying to have a look in everytime a woman left. They didn't give me a towel even to cover myself and I was laying there with my hands over myself pulling my top down over my naked privates. They obviously must have told these men what I was getting done. How unprofessional is that???? I was swearing in the end and when I said that I had changed my mind I told the woman that she better not come near me or she would be sorry. :mad: I was ready to slap her one....:mad:

Sledge
06-27-2010, 08:26 PM
For some reason as I read this thread I'm thinking of the Buggs Bunny cartoon where Buggs puts the hot towel on Elmer Fudds face and when he rips it off the entire face comes off stuck to the towel. But in this thread it's not the face that comes off.

tight booty
06-27-2010, 08:48 PM
For some reason as I read this thread I'm thinking of the Buggs Bunny cartoon where Buggs puts the hot towel on Elmer Fudds face and when he rips it off the entire face comes off stuck to the towel. But in this thread it's not the face that comes off.
Honestly you're not far off sledge. I just remembered that I was tore slightly down there, when the beauty therapist was tearing off the broken clumpy wax. I looked down saw a bit of blood, looked up at her and she said "I didn't do it" and I said "well who else did it? You are the one down there waxing me". It healed up really fast but still...imagine if it had ripped one of my lips. It was only a little tear but it should never have happened. And to add to this story, I recently had an eyebrow wax/tidy.....the woman burnt my eyelids. I have scabbing eyes as I type this. The wax must have been too hot for this delicate part of my eyes. You know I have had laser hair removal for my brazilian and underarms and never had any issues or been burnt. I am wondering why a laser is safer than dam wax...:mad: Obviously it's the people doing it. I am becoming more scared of wax than I am of a laser.

Jello
06-27-2010, 09:00 PM
haha google the episode of the kardashians where Kourtney puts it on Khloe and messes her up bigtime down there lol (its a cardio TV guilty pleasure) I would NEVER recommend trying it at home.

Watched that one with my wife the other night. Something wrong with those two:dunno:

Jello
06-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Honestly you're not far off sledge. I just remembered that I was tore slightly down there, when the beauty therapist was tearing off the broken clumpy wax. I looked down saw a bit of blood, looked up at her and she said "I didn't do it" and I said "well who else did it? You are the one down there waxing me". It healed up really fast but still...imagine if it had ripped one of my lips. It was only a little tear but it should never have happened. And to add to this story, I recently had an eyebrow wax/tidy.....the woman burnt my eyelids. I have scabbing eyes as I type this. The wax must have been too hot for this delicate part of my eyes. You know I have had laser hair removal for my brazilian and underarms and never had any issues or been burnt. I am wondering why a laser is safer than dam wax...:mad: Obviously it's the people doing it. I am becoming more scared of wax than I am of a laser.

How much did you pay for the Brazilian laser hair removal?

06-27-2010, 11:29 PM
I was absolutely mortified to have 5 guys standing at the door trying to have a look in everytime a woman left. They didn't give me a towel even to cover myself and I was laying there with my hands over myself pulling my top down over my naked privates. They obviously must have told these men what I was getting done. How unprofessional is that???? I was swearing in the end and when I said that I had changed my mind I told the woman that she better not come near me or she would be sorry. :mad: I was ready to slap her one....:mad:

yeah, that's a little on the disturbing side.....I'd have walked to the door and slapped all the men....

tight booty
06-27-2010, 11:39 PM
How much did you pay for the Brazilian laser hair removal?

I am in Australia so the price won't really be relevant. It works out cheaper in the end, as I no longer need brazilian waxes. And I never get ingrowns and am completely smooth except for a few blond hairs that the laser won't pick up. I definitely recommend it, it's superior to waxing or any other hair removal. :)
The laser hair removal session actually takes a shorter amount of time than what it takes to get waxed also. Never been burnt, torn or had my clit zapped.....;) So better than waxing....except I miss having wax applied down there.....I love that feeling of warm wax being spread down there.

tight booty
06-27-2010, 11:40 PM
yeah, that's a little on the disturbing side.....I'd have walked to the door and slapped all the men....
I didn't want to be arrested in a foreign country....;)

figure_22
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
The only time I tried to wax at home....I applied two strips, pulled off the first strip and was not pleased with the pain...after 10 min I couldn't pull off the second strip, what a wuss! haha. So I had my friend who lived next door come over and pull it off. I didn't try to finish. Professional only from that day forward.