PDA

View Full Version : Trouble gaining weight.

THE BEST DAMN GURU
06-30-2010, 06:53 AM
For the past few years I've found it impossible to gain weight. I have tried increasing my meals, but lost so much weight I went back to my normal eating pattern. I do not do any cardio, do weight training 5-6 days a week and eat 3 high calorie and super high carb meals a day. I added full cream milk but had to stop due to a severe allergic reaction. I currently weigh 102lbs but want to gain at least 10lbs. Any advice would be appreciated. I've asked Lee... but his advice is to eat more and that hasn't worked so well in the past:-)

~gymdiva~
06-30-2010, 08:27 AM
have you been to the doctor to make sure there's not something else going on first?

THE BEST DAMN GURU
06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I did... but according to them, I'm healthy. I'm just sick of looking as if I am anorexic. I've tried a few different meal plans but I either get bored with them or drop weight. I am at a complete lost right now

GirlyMuscle
06-30-2010, 09:26 AM
I hate you.

Just kidding. I can see where that woud be a problem but hey, you could always have the problem 90% of us have...losing fat.

I would like to have your problem for a week. I really would. I'll bet I could eat enough to gain. i can eat more than a man in most cases. I swear I don't have a "full" button. LOL

~gymdiva~
06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
any examples of what you've tried? any breakdown on cals taken in normally vs taken in when attempting to gain weight?

THE BEST DAMN GURU
06-30-2010, 07:17 PM
LoL GM... and here I would give anything if I could pick up weight and keep it on.

I have done a highcalorie/fat diet. High cal/carb... added mass gainer proteins. 6meals a day. Have tried a version of the bulking diet Lee is on, but no gains just a loss. I'll go on a 3000cal diet and not gain in the least. I've been trying to put on weight and maintain it for 4years now. The most I've gained was 10lbs in 4months and I was eating every 3hours with two high cal shakes added. The thing is, if I eat twice a day, I'll keep my weight steady longer. I gained 3pounds recently and with my schedule this last month, I would only eat lunch and dinner and I haven't lost anything.