PDA

View Full Version : St Kilda Melbourne Austraila

Colin K
06-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi guys, I have just moved to St kilda in Melbourne. Looking for a good gym, good enviornment dohertys are to far for me as it would need to be walking distance so 25mins or so, not using a tram/bus to get to the gym and dont drive so walking is only option. HAs to be female friendly as my girlfriend would be joining too.

I have been looking at genesis fitness around the city, checked out the one in Prahan, seems fine. Any thoughs about where i should check out?????

tight booty
06-30-2010, 07:08 PM
There's a Bodyworld gym in Prahan/Balaclava I used to train there years ago. It's hardcore bodybuilding though, so not sure your girl would feel comfortable there. But definitely a good gym!

meatheadio
07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Ill second that,I wish I lived in that area and was lucky enough to train there.

If you dont mind a little drive head over to Apollo Gym in Footscray,probably one of the best equipped in the country,expecially if you are into strength training,and they have amazing trainers there.

Doherty's is always good too.

Colin K
07-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks guys, i think i might have found a little diamond in the rough, its called chapel fitness and is located at 2 Chapel Street(St kilda/Prahan). Its in and old chapel, Mostly unknown equipment brands to me as im used to american brands from previous gyms but very nice to use, dumbelles stop at 50kg but thats not a problem just yet. Both times i have been (7pm) its has been quiet which is great for me. Best part it that its only 5min walk from my apartment.

tight booty
07-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Well if it's only 5 minutes from where you live, then you have it made! You are going to save so much time on travelling! :)

Colin K
07-23-2010, 02:43 AM
No question, i hate adding any more than 20 mins each side to my gym time.