PDA

View Full Version : i need help in Fitness

ringo365
06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey! On my boyfriend's page, just got done doing junior national's ..competed in Figure.. Really wanna cross over to the Fitness division can anyone help me with info on the mandatories, training regimine, diet, etc..Looking foward to taking the stage hopefully as soon as Oct.

Thanx!

Jennifer :)

~gymdiva~
06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
fitness no longer has mandatories so no worries there! training can be somewhat dependent on what kind of a routine you're aiming for....diet should be virtually the same as for figure unless you just need to tweek what you did before....you can come in a little harder usually than a figure gal so I don't know if that's something you can do, already do, etc, since we have no pics :)

were you looking to try it out on the local scene first?

ringo365
06-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Thankyou so much I appreciate that! Please feel free to take a look at my pics on RX Muscle ..from the Junior Nationals..Figure B..I'm Jennifer LaGuardia:)
I have a competitive dance background, but need to work on my strength movements. Any suggestions for websites that could help me with training for those strength type movements?
I am planning on doing a local show in Oct, the promoter is letting me do it as an exhibition seeing that there are no fitness competitors here! If all goes well, I'd like to compete at the Kentucky Muscle in Nov..and hopefully qualify for something next year! Appreciate any suggestions! Kinda on my own! :)

~gymdiva~
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
awesome! I'm not thinking of any websites off the top of my head but youtube is a great source in terms of watching technique that others use....if you ever wanted personal choreography I say hit up Lishia Dean....she can do stuff in person and online....she is literally Jen Hen's righthand woman :)

welcome to the board Jennifer! I'm so excited to hear someone else is interested in fitness! maybe we can get a growth spurt happening in this category once again! keep us posted! :o

Catwoman
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Siouxcountry.com has a whole thread devoted to saving fitness with a lot of resources. Also Mike Davies fitness factory works with a lot of successful fitness girls. You should definately go for it now. You can always come back to figure or give bodybuilding a try later on.

ringo365
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks to all