PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests, recovery, and a run at a show

esplendido
07-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Just got my blood test back. Been cruising on 325mg Sustaplex per week. Test was 1800. HDL 38, LDL 130, Triglycerides 130, total cholesterol 200. Creatinine was just over the high/normal, which it should be for a bber. BUN and all liver and kidney functions perfect!!!

Dr. said I could start light leg extensions. At the end of July, I can start training them heavier...and go up as I'm able. That gives me 10 weeks to try to put some size back on them before my show, Oct. 9th, the Red River BBing Champs. in Moore, Oklahoma. I'll be doing just the 50-over since my legs will be somewhat behind (actually a lot behind). But I'm doing it as a moral victory, since my kids and my Dr. wanted me to retire from competing after tearing my quads! F*^k 'em!!!

axioma
07-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Just got my blood test back. Been cruising on 325mg Sustaplex per week. Test was 1800. HDL 38, LDL 130, Triglycerides 130, total cholesterol 200. Creatinine was just over the high/normal, which it should be for a bber. BUN and all liver and kidney functions perfect!!!

Dr. said I could start light leg extensions. At the end of July, I can start training them heavier...and go up as I'm able. That gives me 10 weeks to try to put some size back on them before my show, Oct. 9th, the Red River BBing Champs. in Moore, Oklahoma. I'll be doing just the 50-over since my legs will be somewhat behind (actually a lot behind). But I'm doing it as a moral victory, since my kids and my Dr. wanted me to retire from competing after tearing my quads! F*^k 'em!!!

One of these :hmn: waiting for ya in Pitt...you lay down too long and they think you got the cholic and they Shoot ya

Hammerfit
07-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Never Quit! Get ready for your show Bro! You know what to do. Go for it! Just be smart. Ive had way too many knee operations to remember and it's tough not to come back too soon. Once you start feeling strong you just want to keep progressing as fast as possible. Listen to that little twinge when you feel it and back off slightly.

esplendido
07-01-2010, 11:53 AM
One of these :hmn: waiting for ya in Pitt...you lay down too long and they think you got the cholic and they Shoot ya

No shit! Grow a few gray hairs and they head you for the glue factory!!!

esplendido
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Never Quit! Get ready for your show Bro! You know what to do. Go for it! Just be smart. Ive had way too many knee operations to remember and it's tough not to come back too soon. Once you start feeling strong you just want to keep progressing as fast as possible. Listen to that little twinge when you feel it and back off slightly.

Agreed. Not gonna push too hard. Heavy training for legs is coming after the show. I just want them hard and ripped!

cook
07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I love it "Damn the torpedos full speed ahead"..good luck but be safe

THEVMAN
07-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Much respect - getting back on the horse. Enjoy

Down4whatever
07-02-2010, 12:07 PM

I assume we'll meet in Pittsburgh, Rick.

If you do this show, I'll come out and support since it's about 100 miles from me! Kick ass man!

Baldiewonkanobi
07-02-2010, 04:08 PM

^^
Baldie

Asmolenski
07-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Go for it! 2 or 3 g fish oil twice a day will lower your LDL and triglycerides and raise your HDL.

Dr Smo