PDA

View Full Version : Cellulite Help

inkedleo88
07-01-2010, 06:50 PM
My girlfriend hates the cellulite on her thighs. She is 30 and in great shape. Eats low carb, wish I could get her to eat a little more and a little more fat, but that's just me. She is a hardcore workout junkie and I am conserned that she isnt getting enough food for what she burns.
Any advice?

blondie_bombshell
07-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Once I lowered my bf the small amount of cellulite I had disappeared. I am also on a low carb (keto) diet but, i take in about 1200 cals and many of them are from healthy fats.

sassy69
07-01-2010, 07:56 PM
My girlfriend hates the cellulite on her thighs. She is 30 and in great shape. Eats low carb, wish I could get her to eat a little more and a little more fat, but that's just me. She is a hardcore workout junkie and I am conserned that she isnt getting enough food for what she burns.
Any advice?

Sounds like you're dealing w/ more skinny fat than just plain old fat. Lowering bodyfat is really the key. For her that may mean more increasing her muscle mass than trying to drop fat.

I would suggest she post up her diet and lets see what we're talking about. Generally "low carb" is a great way to starve your body of the energy souce it needs to function. If you're not eating enough carb to fuel your body for the energy demands you put on it, but too much to actually be using a ketogenic approach, you're just starving your body and forcing it to look for energy sources elsewhere, like your muscles. Often just some minor tweaks to a diet will help get things going in the right direction. If you're not eating enough, all the training in the world is just going to cause catabolism -> skinnyfat.

JocelynL
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Drink more water too!!! Im averaging at least 1.5-2gal a day and it has diminished my "fun pockets"...btw im not on keto...i just keep my food clean, sodium moderate, and workout intensity high

tight booty
07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Take care of the skin too. Good elasticity helps also.

Melissa
07-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I think genetics are involved to a certain degree with cellulite, too. I can remember it being a real problem for most of the women on my mom's side of the family, and it's been something that I struggle with all the time. I would say that mine probably doesn't go away until just a few weeks out from a show.

There's also something to be said for building the muscle up in that area as opposed to just focusing on getting rid of the fat. In the past two years since I switched to bodybuilding and changed my training up quite a bit, I have noticed that having more muscle in my glutes and hams has decreased the amount of cellulite that that I get, or rather it starts to develop later in the offseason.

inkedleo88
07-02-2010, 12:34 PM
She thanks everybody for the help. She is very muscular, but without much knowledge. She has great genes for muscular growth, but feels like she has to workout for hours or she'll get fat. I'll post some pics this weekend. Her upper body looks like she is 8 weeks out from BB show, but I think the diet and over training is the cause for the lower body to "hold on" to that extra layer.
She is in the middle of an academy right now so her diet is clean, but quick.
5am - shake 30g protien 15g waxy maize
9am - bar
12pm - 4oz chicken, spinach, 1.5 tbs pb
2pm - bar
7pm - 6oz steak or chicken or fish, 1 low carb tortilla or spinach/broccoli

sassy69
07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
She thanks everybody for the help. She is very muscular, but without much knowledge. She has great genes for muscular growth, but feels like she has to workout for hours or she'll get fat. I'll post some pics this weekend. Her upper body looks like she is 8 weeks out from BB show, but I think the diet and over training is the cause for the lower body to "hold on" to that extra layer.
She is in the middle of an academy right now so her diet is clean, but quick.
5am - shake 30g protien 15g waxy maize
9am - bar
12pm - 4oz chicken, spinach, 1.5 tbs pb
2pm - bar
7pm - 6oz steak or chicken or fish, 1 low carb tortilla or spinach/broccoli

Its really not a bad diet - but go to the next step and get better results, there are easy tweaks to be made. I think she probably needs some more calories and better quality calories. I'd replace the bars w/ some real food and some better carb sources e.g. a potato or oats or something. Also an easy way to get more calories and more fats in would be w/ something like protein powder + 1 tbs PB mixed in w/ just enough water to make a 'pudding' for a last meal. Also w/ some fats it will slow down metabolization of that meal so its not so long until the next meal.

I get the whole no time to eat thing - but I think all of us have been living out of a cooler on a daily basis for years and find the time to eat better if we want results. Always remember that your body can only reflect your lifestyle in terms of the food you fuel w/, the energy demands you put on your body, and the recovery time you allow. If you don't like what you're getting from your current lifestyle, then look for those simple things to optimize to get the results you want w/o disrupting everything or having to go way out of your way. It requires a little bit of planning & prep time to do it, but its worth it if you get the resutls you want. Otherwise you'll continue doing the same thing and get frustrated w/ not getting the results you want.

Those bars are convenient but they really shouldn't be a staple of your diet. And like I said - the PB thing as a last meal gets in more calories and gives more fats in the diet. I started to put this diet into a food counts program to see what the calories & macronutrient breakdown are, but I don't have enough detail in what is the protein bar, etc. to be able to do it accurately. I'd suggest she do that to get an accurate baseline of what she's really eating, and then look for some better sources of food than 14 bars / week.

Also if she's been following the same diet for a long time, I'd encourage a scheduled carb up / cheart / shitload at least 1/week. If she's operating on low energy resources, her metabolism is going to stall out as it assumes its in "drought environment" (body's surivival tactic). She'll have more energy, sleep better, get better results if she's fueling optimally. I also encoruage this and not get too hung up on OMFG I GAINED A LB. I"m 45 yrs old and I have to bust ass to get results - she's in her 20s (I'm assuming) so I'd rather see her take advantage of her youth and fuel appropriately instead of starving herself.

HammerStrength12
07-03-2010, 04:52 PM
My gf has it. She's very insecure about it, but I tell her all the time I don't care if she has it or not. She's in phenomenal shape, is very lean/strong, eats healthy, is very toned, and works out like crazy. So what does it matter. Obviously if she diets down to competition bodyfat levels, it will go away. I'd tell her you don't care though. Pretty much every woman out there have some, even Jillian Michaels admits to it. I mean honestly, why would anyone think any differently of an incredibly hot girl with a great body and personality just because she has some bumps on her ass?

inkedleo88
07-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks for all your help. We had a long talk this weekend and decided to do more food prep and no lifting on long hard cardio days. This is day 2. No bars. 5 meals and she feels better already. We found that quinoa (sp) works really well with her digestive system, in case anybody is looking for a new carb to add

InHonorInMind
07-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Sassy's post are always spot on! I posted this in another thread a while back as well for more info:

I was intrigued myself so I did some research a few months ago....you can see that cellulite is caused by fibres from the muscles that attach from the lean muscle tissue to the skin are stretched out via the fat cells. The more fat you have the further it stretches the fibres and pulls at the skin therefore creating that 'dimple' like appearance. After you lose 'bodyfat' aka decreasing the mass of the fatcells....then the skin will flatten/smooth out as the fibres will no longer be strained and pulling at the skin...however....once this happens....yes you can't TOTALLY get rid of cellulite...its still there under the skin, or rather those stretched out fibres are still there...so if you gain the bodyfat back aka increase of fat cells (as we all know fat does not accumulate uniformly) so the cellulite will return. Now the thing to do so that the APPEARANCE is gone...is to reduce body fat...and in turn, build muslce for a firmer look....and to maintain this. It is possible to totally fix the APPEARANCE of cellulite...but to do this you must "LOSE FAT (AKA DECREASING FAT MASS)---BUILD MUSCLE----MAINTAIN".....

sassy69
07-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all your help. We had a long talk this weekend and decided to do more food prep and no lifting on long hard cardio days. This is day 2. No bars. 5 meals and she feels better already. We found that quinoa (sp) works really well with her digestive system, in case anybody is looking for a new carb to add

Updates?

Quinoa is an awesome carb source - outside of any issues w/ gluten allergies, grains are awesome. I've also found barley to ba great and very robust carb + small protein source. I have a rice cooker I use to make it in a big batch, put in some veggies like onion, celery, etc --- good stuff!

suzie
07-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I have had major problems with cellulite on my thighs and when I lost weight it was still there but not as noticable but when I gained the weight back it returned with a vengence! I have even gone as far as having lipo dissolve injected into to my thighs to reduce fat... that was excruciating painful and it didn't work!

sassy69
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I have had major problems with cellulite on my thighs and when I lost weight it was still there but not as noticable but when I gained the weight back it returned with a vengence! I have even gone as far as having lipo dissolve injected into to my thighs to reduce fat... that was excruciating painful and it didn't work!

Yep, you can't cheat your body. Even lipo can blow up in your face and leave you w/ flab in places you never knew you had to deal w/ if you don't keep your diet in order, esp after the surgery.

tight booty
07-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Sassy's post are always spot on! I posted this in another thread a while back as well for more info:

I was intrigued myself so I did some research a few months ago....you can see that cellulite is caused by fibres from the muscles that attach from the lean muscle tissue to the skin are stretched out via the fat cells. The more fat you have the further it stretches the fibres and pulls at the skin therefore creating that 'dimple' like appearance. After you lose 'bodyfat' aka decreasing the mass of the fatcells....then the skin will flatten/smooth out as the fibres will no longer be strained and pulling at the skin...however....once this happens....yes you can't TOTALLY get rid of cellulite...its still there under the skin, or rather those stretched out fibres are still there...so if you gain the bodyfat back aka increase of fat cells (as we all know fat does not accumulate uniformly) so the cellulite will return. Now the thing to do so that the APPEARANCE is gone...is to reduce body fat...and in turn, build muslce for a firmer look....and to maintain this. It is possible to totally fix the APPEARANCE of cellulite...but to do this you must "LOSE FAT (AKA DECREASING FAT MASS)---BUILD MUSCLE----MAINTAIN".....
Absolutely, the only way to reduce/get rid of celliulite is to reduce bodyfat and build lean muscle. That is why creams which many cosmetic/skincare companies sell do not work. Looking after your skin plays an important part, as firm skin of course is going to look much better than flabby skin!